STD Other Pics and Videos OM606 Pump swap

OM606 Pump swap

OM606 Pump swap

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

dirtyninety
Naturally-aspirated

04-03-2015, 07:25 AM #2
Fantastic! this is EXACTLY what i wanted to know!
dirtyninety
04-03-2015, 07:25 AM #2

Fantastic! this is EXACTLY what i wanted to know!

Booster
GT2559V

04-03-2015, 08:27 AM #3
Where can you get the locking tool + Timing light?

Ok Found the locking tool but no timing light?
This post was last modified: 04-03-2015, 08:31 AM by Booster.
Booster
04-03-2015, 08:27 AM #3

Where can you get the locking tool + Timing light?

Ok Found the locking tool but no timing light?

mytmousemalibu
K26-2

04-03-2015, 04:15 PM #4
I wish there was a way to get or make a cheap AB light. I could just get the fitting that goes into the pump, I could make the rest. The piece that goes into the pump would be difficult to make. I cold maybe make one If I actually had one in my hand to look at.

Otherwise I am likely to do it by spill timing. I am wondering about doing that but perhaps with air at low pressure? Listening for the air to stop hissing from the empty delivery valve holder to signal the start of injection. I could easily make a pressurized fuel vessel for this too.

Goran, any reason I couldn't use low pressure air to spill/drip time a pump to the engine?

89' 300E  ~ Parting Out
83' 240D~ Project "Cheap Drive"
03' 2500HD Dmax, lots of goodies
88' RX7 10th AE, 13B rotary Track Car Project
73' Datsun 510 wagon~ future project
79' Camaro Z28~ future project
mytmousemalibu
04-03-2015, 04:15 PM #4

I wish there was a way to get or make a cheap AB light. I could just get the fitting that goes into the pump, I could make the rest. The piece that goes into the pump would be difficult to make. I cold maybe make one If I actually had one in my hand to look at.

Otherwise I am likely to do it by spill timing. I am wondering about doing that but perhaps with air at low pressure? Listening for the air to stop hissing from the empty delivery valve holder to signal the start of injection. I could easily make a pressurized fuel vessel for this too.

Goran, any reason I couldn't use low pressure air to spill/drip time a pump to the engine?

89' 300E  ~ Parting Out
83' 240D~ Project "Cheap Drive"
03' 2500HD Dmax, lots of goodies
88' RX7 10th AE, 13B rotary Track Car Project
73' Datsun 510 wagon~ future project
79' Camaro Z28~ future project

dieselmeken
Holset

04-09-2015, 06:24 AM #5
(04-03-2015, 04:15 PM)mytmousemalibu I wish there was a way to get or make a cheap AB light. I could just get the fitting that goes into the pump, I could make the rest. The piece that goes into the pump would be difficult to make. I cold maybe make one If I actually had one in my hand to look at.

No reason at all, I just have the 2 other options that I think is better on this engine. If I have the plug for blocking device I use it of course.
dieselmeken
04-09-2015, 06:24 AM #5

(04-03-2015, 04:15 PM)mytmousemalibu I wish there was a way to get or make a cheap AB light. I could just get the fitting that goes into the pump, I could make the rest. The piece that goes into the pump would be difficult to make. I cold maybe make one If I actually had one in my hand to look at.

No reason at all, I just have the 2 other options that I think is better on this engine. If I have the plug for blocking device I use it of course.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average