STD Maintenance General Signs of an injector pump going bad

Signs of an injector pump going bad

Signs of an injector pump going bad

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

greasenut
Dang Tree Hugger

08-28-2009, 04:11 PM #5
(08-28-2009, 11:35 AM)GREASY_BEAST This occurred over the course of 2 days on a cross-country road trip, and was due to one tank of bad diesel fuel. Be careful!

I read about a guy on a BioDiesel/WVO forum that got a hold of some bad oil from a dumpster that wacked his injectors. I recall it was a Dodge truck. Anyway... a friend of mine sells dish washing soaps and other consumables to restaurants. One day we are sitting around having a beer when I bring up that I can't get some polymerized WVO off of my tank and from around my filter in the engine compartment. He says he has something that will take it off and pulls out a window cleaner bottle with some of the stuff. I shoot it on my aluminum tank and she shined up brand new - and fast! This was some serious acid or something. Cleaned up the mess in the engine compartment real nice - making anything bare metal look brand new, even changing the color of the paint a bit. I'm betting if this got in your fuel source it would easily ruin an IP and/or injectors. Now that I think about it, I probably should not use it anymore.
greasenut
08-28-2009, 04:11 PM #5

(08-28-2009, 11:35 AM)GREASY_BEAST This occurred over the course of 2 days on a cross-country road trip, and was due to one tank of bad diesel fuel. Be careful!

I read about a guy on a BioDiesel/WVO forum that got a hold of some bad oil from a dumpster that wacked his injectors. I recall it was a Dodge truck. Anyway... a friend of mine sells dish washing soaps and other consumables to restaurants. One day we are sitting around having a beer when I bring up that I can't get some polymerized WVO off of my tank and from around my filter in the engine compartment. He says he has something that will take it off and pulls out a window cleaner bottle with some of the stuff. I shoot it on my aluminum tank and she shined up brand new - and fast! This was some serious acid or something. Cleaned up the mess in the engine compartment real nice - making anything bare metal look brand new, even changing the color of the paint a bit. I'm betting if this got in your fuel source it would easily ruin an IP and/or injectors. Now that I think about it, I probably should not use it anymore.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Messages In This Thread
Signs of an injector pump going bad - by spheil - 08-28-2009, 07:54 AM
RE: Signs of an injector pump going bad - by greasenut - 08-28-2009, 11:08 AM
RE: Signs of an injector pump going bad - by GREASY_BEAST - 08-28-2009, 11:35 AM
RE: Signs of an injector pump going bad - by tantank79 - 08-28-2009, 12:44 PM
RE: Signs of an injector pump going bad - by greasenut - 08-28-2009, 04:11 PM