STD Tuning Drivetrain 6 speed manual shifting problem

6 speed manual shifting problem

6 speed manual shifting problem

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dieselsec
K26-2

03-24-2015, 08:09 AM #1
Has anyone here had an issue with the 6 speed manual and shifting into gear, 2nd in particular?

My 6 speed is from a 2002 w210 e200. When I bought the car and drove it, it was hard to find 2nd in that it would go into 4th gear even when it felt like it had gone into 2nd. I assumed this was a cable adjusment issue that i could sort when i put the box behind the om606 std. 
However I was wrong. Now it is worse, every time i go for 2nd it will give me 4th even when i lean hard to the left. It will go into 2nd with a few attempts but is annoying especially when down shifting into a roundabout or junction. 
The gear selection feels tight and selects all gears with a nice feeling when engine is off.
I dropped the oil level to 1200mls as one solution I read. I also changed the oil to atf u as read elsewhere but did not sort the issue. 
I dont mind opening it up if i knew what to look for.
Any ideas?

W116 om611 
Dieselsec
03-24-2015, 08:09 AM #1

Has anyone here had an issue with the 6 speed manual and shifting into gear, 2nd in particular?

My 6 speed is from a 2002 w210 e200. When I bought the car and drove it, it was hard to find 2nd in that it would go into 4th gear even when it felt like it had gone into 2nd. I assumed this was a cable adjusment issue that i could sort when i put the box behind the om606 std. 
However I was wrong. Now it is worse, every time i go for 2nd it will give me 4th even when i lean hard to the left. It will go into 2nd with a few attempts but is annoying especially when down shifting into a roundabout or junction. 
The gear selection feels tight and selects all gears with a nice feeling when engine is off.
I dropped the oil level to 1200mls as one solution I read. I also changed the oil to atf u as read elsewhere but did not sort the issue. 
I dont mind opening it up if i knew what to look for.
Any ideas?

W116 om611 

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average