STD Other Projects Planing on Project W124

Planing on Project W124

Planing on Project W124

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Larotj
Naturally-aspirated

03-23-2015, 12:07 PM #1
Hello everybody,

I am reading a lot in this Forum and i am now pretty shure an old merc diesel is the right car to play around with.

I have an "old" Audi A6 3.0TDI as daily driver but i don't want to spend any more money to enhance the power (car is still street legal and is supposed to stay this way)

but as everybody knows if one project is finished you need another one, so i looked at an W124 300 tdt with automatic transmission.

I planed to put an small compound setup on the 603 Engine that is already in the car, might even with an vtg-turbo as high pressure one.

Pump will be send to dieselmeken to recieve 7.5 or 8mm elements and calibration (goal will be arround 400-450hp)

the Engine stuff is pretty much straight forward as far as planing and fitting goes, but an the rest of the drivetrain i am not sure what is needed to bring the power to the street.

The 722.4 needs to be swaped against an 722.6 with olefejers transmission controller (supports vtg control), but i am not sure if it fits the 124 and what needs to be changed (weld bellhousing, open up tranny tunnel)

and then the rear end probably needs to be changed too (prop shaft, differencial, drive shafts)

I am in no hurry with the project but i would like to gather as much information as possible before having problems i can't solve.

I am gratefull for every tip you can give me and things i have to be aware of.

thank you

Phil
Larotj
03-23-2015, 12:07 PM #1

Hello everybody,

I am reading a lot in this Forum and i am now pretty shure an old merc diesel is the right car to play around with.

I have an "old" Audi A6 3.0TDI as daily driver but i don't want to spend any more money to enhance the power (car is still street legal and is supposed to stay this way)

but as everybody knows if one project is finished you need another one, so i looked at an W124 300 tdt with automatic transmission.

I planed to put an small compound setup on the 603 Engine that is already in the car, might even with an vtg-turbo as high pressure one.

Pump will be send to dieselmeken to recieve 7.5 or 8mm elements and calibration (goal will be arround 400-450hp)

the Engine stuff is pretty much straight forward as far as planing and fitting goes, but an the rest of the drivetrain i am not sure what is needed to bring the power to the street.

The 722.4 needs to be swaped against an 722.6 with olefejers transmission controller (supports vtg control), but i am not sure if it fits the 124 and what needs to be changed (weld bellhousing, open up tranny tunnel)

and then the rear end probably needs to be changed too (prop shaft, differencial, drive shafts)

I am in no hurry with the project but i would like to gather as much information as possible before having problems i can't solve.

I am gratefull for every tip you can give me and things i have to be aware of.

thank you

Phil

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average