STD Maintenance General Beginner dieseldrifter

Beginner dieseldrifter

Beginner dieseldrifter

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Repetitio
GT2256V

03-18-2015, 12:10 PM #1
hi guys,
i wanted to ask you for a little advice. I´m from germany and in a few months i have finished my study. Then i´m looking forward to build up a daily drift car. The budget should not be that hight, maybe 6000€. First I was looking for a BMW e36 325 because everywhere you can read its very good for beginners and you dont need much changes to start. But since i was looking for cars i  was thinking about a diesel drifter again and again because i love diesels (my daily car is an chipped ibiza cupra tdi). But because 
i´m not experienced in dieseltuning i always thought its to complicated for my first drift car. Now i saw some posts about a w202 250 turbodiesel with 200 hp+ what would fit with my thought about the horsepower of a drifter. These cars are not to expensive in germany and i could really get one easily. 
My question is, is this mercedes ok for drift beginners? I´m not thinking about engine tuning atm, i just wonder if the car is good for drifting or not... Maybe you also have some other ideas of nice diesel drifters Wink 
Repetitio
03-18-2015, 12:10 PM #1

hi guys,
i wanted to ask you for a little advice. I´m from germany and in a few months i have finished my study. Then i´m looking forward to build up a daily drift car. The budget should not be that hight, maybe 6000€. First I was looking for a BMW e36 325 because everywhere you can read its very good for beginners and you dont need much changes to start. But since i was looking for cars i  was thinking about a diesel drifter again and again because i love diesels (my daily car is an chipped ibiza cupra tdi). But because 
i´m not experienced in dieseltuning i always thought its to complicated for my first drift car. Now i saw some posts about a w202 250 turbodiesel with 200 hp+ what would fit with my thought about the horsepower of a drifter. These cars are not to expensive in germany and i could really get one easily. 
My question is, is this mercedes ok for drift beginners? I´m not thinking about engine tuning atm, i just wonder if the car is good for drifting or not... Maybe you also have some other ideas of nice diesel drifters Wink 

Booster
GT2559V

03-18-2015, 03:19 PM #2
W202 Mercs are Smoke monsters, They are a good chassis to drift.

Plenty of lock as standard, Suspension needs a bit of work but there is stuff about.

As far as power goes, If you can't drift with a basic modded c250 somethings going wrong.....

Weld the diff and Sort the suspension out and your onto a winner, You will need to use decent speed on entry but thats practice.

Go on Driftworks forum, Stavros had a c230k and he got on with it well. Search for his build thread, Mantahead has a properly sorted c250.....

EDIT: http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drift-ca...essor.html

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drift-ca...oject.html

Everyone has a BMW, try something different.
This post was last modified: 03-18-2015, 03:29 PM by Booster.
Booster
03-18-2015, 03:19 PM #2

W202 Mercs are Smoke monsters, They are a good chassis to drift.

Plenty of lock as standard, Suspension needs a bit of work but there is stuff about.

As far as power goes, If you can't drift with a basic modded c250 somethings going wrong.....

Weld the diff and Sort the suspension out and your onto a winner, You will need to use decent speed on entry but thats practice.

Go on Driftworks forum, Stavros had a c230k and he got on with it well. Search for his build thread, Mantahead has a properly sorted c250.....

EDIT: http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drift-ca...essor.html

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drift-ca...oject.html

Everyone has a BMW, try something different.

Repetitio
GT2256V

03-18-2015, 04:38 PM #3
thanks very much! Thats exactly what i wanted to try something different
Repetitio
03-18-2015, 04:38 PM #3

thanks very much! Thats exactly what i wanted to try something different

Repetitio
GT2256V

03-27-2015, 11:31 AM #4
Ok now i got one more question Tongue Because in Germany we have something that is called "TÜV" its difficult to change turbo and engine parts and get the car legally on the street. But i want it not only for drifting on the track. My question is, what would be the easyest way to increase the 150 HP to like 200? Is it possible to get the original Pump modified and increase turbo pressure or do i need a mechanical pump?
Repetitio
03-27-2015, 11:31 AM #4

Ok now i got one more question Tongue Because in Germany we have something that is called "TÜV" its difficult to change turbo and engine parts and get the car legally on the street. But i want it not only for drifting on the track. My question is, what would be the easyest way to increase the 150 HP to like 200? Is it possible to get the original Pump modified and increase turbo pressure or do i need a mechanical pump?

Petar
7.5mm M pump

03-27-2015, 03:01 PM #5
You can remap the stock ECU and keep the pump, should be fine for 200Hp. But the turbo won't flow enough air for that  Wink 
I think a GT2359V from a 320 cdi would work well and reach your power goal. Tuikuu said that VNT controll should be easy to implement in the ECU. Another possibility is the turbo from a 606 engine, same exhaust flange so it bolts on to the exhaust manifold, dunno if it is big enough to reach 200 hp, but it is a slight upgrade compared to the stock turbo.
Petar
03-27-2015, 03:01 PM #5

You can remap the stock ECU and keep the pump, should be fine for 200Hp. But the turbo won't flow enough air for that  Wink 
I think a GT2359V from a 320 cdi would work well and reach your power goal. Tuikuu said that VNT controll should be easy to implement in the ECU. Another possibility is the turbo from a 606 engine, same exhaust flange so it bolts on to the exhaust manifold, dunno if it is big enough to reach 200 hp, but it is a slight upgrade compared to the stock turbo.

Repetitio
GT2256V

03-28-2015, 05:54 AM #6
Ok first i want to thank you. I read in some other threads that they changed the elektric pump to a mechanical from an older om605 engine. Is this a complicated work or can it be done from a newbe like me? Because later on i want to get more hp than 200, thats just for beginning until i get myself some driftskills and understand the most things of dieseltuning.
This post was last modified: 03-28-2015, 05:55 AM by Repetitio.
Repetitio
03-28-2015, 05:54 AM #6

Ok first i want to thank you. I read in some other threads that they changed the elektric pump to a mechanical from an older om605 engine. Is this a complicated work or can it be done from a newbe like me? Because later on i want to get more hp than 200, thats just for beginning until i get myself some driftskills and understand the most things of dieseltuning.

Booster
GT2559V

03-28-2015, 07:49 AM #7
(03-28-2015, 05:54 AM)Repetitio Ok first i want to thank you. I read in some other threads that they changed the elektric pump to a mechanical from an older om605 engine. Is this a complicated work or can it be done from a newbe like me? Because later on i want to get more hp than 200, thats just for beginning until i get myself some driftskills and understand the most things of dieseltuning.

Will changing the pump not affect TUV?

You need a pump from 602, then have bigger elements put in.

There is loads of threads about it...... 

If you just want a bit more for now, do the resistor mod or get the edu tuned.

Im sure if you fairly competent you will be fine, just be careful what you are doing.

However without any larger elements its pointless as you will just lose power (602 has smaller elements )
Booster
03-28-2015, 07:49 AM #7

(03-28-2015, 05:54 AM)Repetitio Ok first i want to thank you. I read in some other threads that they changed the elektric pump to a mechanical from an older om605 engine. Is this a complicated work or can it be done from a newbe like me? Because later on i want to get more hp than 200, thats just for beginning until i get myself some driftskills and understand the most things of dieseltuning.

Im sure if you fairly competent you will be fine, just be careful what you are doing.

However without any larger elements its pointless as you will just lose power (602 has smaller elements )

Petar
7.5mm M pump

03-28-2015, 08:35 AM #8
(03-28-2015, 07:49 AM)Booster

He could also install bigger elements into the EDC pump. This guy made 350hp with an EDC pump:
http://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/show...618&page=2
Petar
03-28-2015, 08:35 AM #8

He could also install bigger elements into the EDC pump. This guy made 350hp with an EDC pump:

Booster
GT2559V

03-28-2015, 08:38 AM #9
(03-28-2015, 08:35 AM)Petar

Yes he could,

But IF he is going to make use of this extra fuel then the turbo needs to be changed, as he stated he is unsure about TUV.

I would just do the resistor mod and have a bit of fun with the extra few horse power, then if you want to go further you can.

Mine will happily keep the wheels spinning with just the resistor mod and boost increased.
This post was last modified: 03-28-2015, 08:38 AM by Booster.
Booster
03-28-2015, 08:38 AM #9

(03-28-2015, 08:35 AM)Petar

Yes he could,

But IF he is going to make use of this extra fuel then the turbo needs to be changed, as he stated he is unsure about TUV.

I would just do the resistor mod and have a bit of fun with the extra few horse power, then if you want to go further you can.

Mine will happily keep the wheels spinning with just the resistor mod and boost increased.

Repetitio
GT2256V

03-29-2015, 11:12 AM #10
what do you exactly mean by resistor mod? couln´t find an explanation or a translation Big Grin
Repetitio
03-29-2015, 11:12 AM #10

what do you exactly mean by resistor mod? couln´t find an explanation or a translation Big Grin

Repetitio
GT2256V

03-29-2015, 12:03 PM #11
aaah found the thread Smile thanks. But how can i increase the boost? Another turbo whould´t be a big problem, if it is really only the turbo. Does this Turbo from the 320 cdi fit without big changes?
This post was last modified: 03-30-2015, 03:09 AM by Repetitio.
Repetitio
03-29-2015, 12:03 PM #11

aaah found the thread Smile thanks. But how can i increase the boost? Another turbo whould´t be a big problem, if it is really only the turbo. Does this Turbo from the 320 cdi fit without big changes?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average