STD Tuning Drivetrain GM 6L45/om617 combo possible?

GM 6L45/om617 combo possible?

GM 6L45/om617 combo possible?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

xl.617.lx
Junkyard Dog

03-14-2015, 04:34 PM #1
Hi guys,

Ive been thinking about swaping my stock transmission for a GM 6L45 for a long time now but I don't know much about transmissions.  With the right adapter plate and controller would it be possible to make this combo work?  The 6L45 has the control module sealed inside the transmission so I'm really not sure if it can be done?

Also are there any other 6 speed automatic transmission you would recommend over the 6L45 to mate up with a 617?

Any information, ideas, feedback and/or advise on this subject would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks again everyone!!
xl.617.lx
03-14-2015, 04:34 PM #1

Hi guys,

Ive been thinking about swaping my stock transmission for a GM 6L45 for a long time now but I don't know much about transmissions.  With the right adapter plate and controller would it be possible to make this combo work?  The 6L45 has the control module sealed inside the transmission so I'm really not sure if it can be done?

Also are there any other 6 speed automatic transmission you would recommend over the 6L45 to mate up with a 617?

Any information, ideas, feedback and/or advise on this subject would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks again everyone!!

whipplem104
Holset

03-15-2015, 09:31 AM #2
The 6l series can be used but the integration process is not very easy. Right now you would have to go to a PCS dealer that can do this for you and have them recode the tcu and work out the integration and tuning. The big problem is that you have to build an engine torque map and without an engine dyno that is hard to do. I am doing a 6l80 in a 1971 c10 pickup right now just to get my feet wet on the whole process and to have a test bed and example truck to show others.
whipplem104
03-15-2015, 09:31 AM #2

The 6l series can be used but the integration process is not very easy. Right now you would have to go to a PCS dealer that can do this for you and have them recode the tcu and work out the integration and tuning. The big problem is that you have to build an engine torque map and without an engine dyno that is hard to do. I am doing a 6l80 in a 1971 c10 pickup right now just to get my feet wet on the whole process and to have a test bed and example truck to show others.

xl.617.lx
Junkyard Dog

03-15-2015, 02:04 PM #3
(03-15-2015, 09:31 AM)whipplem104 The 6l series can be used but the integration process is not very easy. Right now you would have to go to a PCS dealer that can do this for you and have them recode the tcu and work out the integration and tuning. The big problem is that you have to build an engine torque map and without an engine dyno that is hard to do. I am doing a 6l80 in a 1971 c10 pickup right now just to get my feet wet on the whole process and to have a test bed and example truck to show others.

Thanks for the info!!

Do you have a link to your build, I'd love to check it out!!
xl.617.lx
03-15-2015, 02:04 PM #3

(03-15-2015, 09:31 AM)whipplem104 The 6l series can be used but the integration process is not very easy. Right now you would have to go to a PCS dealer that can do this for you and have them recode the tcu and work out the integration and tuning. The big problem is that you have to build an engine torque map and without an engine dyno that is hard to do. I am doing a 6l80 in a 1971 c10 pickup right now just to get my feet wet on the whole process and to have a test bed and example truck to show others.

Thanks for the info!!

Do you have a link to your build, I'd love to check it out!!

whipplem104
Holset

03-15-2015, 02:19 PM #4
I do not other than what I am posting up to facebook. You can check it out it is under Soundgermanautomotive.
I have just been working on fixing rust issues. But I am getting ready to put the transmission in in the next couple of weeks. I will start updating as that goes. Have not decided if I am going to actually fully do the truck or not. Just trying to make it solid and get the drivetrain sorted and able to drive it for now.
whipplem104
03-15-2015, 02:19 PM #4

I do not other than what I am posting up to facebook. You can check it out it is under Soundgermanautomotive.
I have just been working on fixing rust issues. But I am getting ready to put the transmission in in the next couple of weeks. I will start updating as that goes. Have not decided if I am going to actually fully do the truck or not. Just trying to make it solid and get the drivetrain sorted and able to drive it for now.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average