STD Other FS / WTB / Buying guides FS: 1987 300D Turbo

FS: 1987 300D Turbo

FS: 1987 300D Turbo

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

TheDon
606 Power!!

03-01-2015, 09:01 PM #1
Selling my 1987 Mercedes Benz 300D Turbo, a one year only car that is a great improvement over the previous diesel sedan, the W123 300D turbo. Powered by the reliable, straight 6, OM603 Turbo this sedan makes your morning commute fun and economical. I've averaged high 20's to low 30's on the highway. 

Work done to the car during my ownership

upgraded vacuum pump to the non open bearing type
intake manifold and cross over removed and cleaned
new intake manifold
replaced the cracked blue dash with an uncracked blue dash (incredibly hard to find!)
EGR delete

Last 6 months I have done the following 
new tires on all 4 corners
new front pads and rotors
new rear pads and rotors

oil changed 2 months ago 
transmission fluid and filter last year
new filters all around
new differential mounts

The interior originally was blue leather, an incredibly odd combo ordered for the exterior color. Sadly it had not been taken care of and was cracked and shredded. I installed the front and rear seats from a '93 300D 2.5 turbo. All blue MBTex, which is more durable and more comfortable than the leather. I haven't had an opportunity to swap out the drivers seat back, but I do have it and it will go with the car. The sunroof interior panel was removed while I tried to fix the sunroof and I have it sitting on a shelf for the car. The C pillar trim also is missing but its an easy fix, i'm currently trying to find some in blue but any color will work and vinyl dye can make it work. 

The car isn't perfect but it is very dependable and has never left me stranded. Currently the drivers door lock tumbler is jammed and I open the locks via the trunk lock and the key itself is original and the plastic is cracked and broken. A new tumbler will come with a new key so its a 2 for 1 deal for the next owner. 

there are two spots of rust that were on the car when I bought it from its last owner, they have been cleaned up and treated with rust converter and undercoating. 

Lastly, I was in a fender bender on I4 a few years ago and I have taken photos of the damage. While my sister had the car someone at Florida Southern backed into the left front fender and broke the trim off. 

photos are below. If you are interested call the phone number and leave a message and ill get back to you or send me an email. Price is OBO, I'm open to cash offers, no trades. 

[Image: IMG_6159_zpsqbjmw5x1.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6147_zps2vmqoqln.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6144_zpseooxuybb.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6145_zpsdmwefomv.jpg]

1987 Mercedes Benz 300D Turbo
(craigslist add with more photos)
TheDon
03-01-2015, 09:01 PM #1

Selling my 1987 Mercedes Benz 300D Turbo, a one year only car that is a great improvement over the previous diesel sedan, the W123 300D turbo. Powered by the reliable, straight 6, OM603 Turbo this sedan makes your morning commute fun and economical. I've averaged high 20's to low 30's on the highway. 

Work done to the car during my ownership

upgraded vacuum pump to the non open bearing type
intake manifold and cross over removed and cleaned
new intake manifold
replaced the cracked blue dash with an uncracked blue dash (incredibly hard to find!)
EGR delete

Last 6 months I have done the following 
new tires on all 4 corners
new front pads and rotors
new rear pads and rotors

oil changed 2 months ago 
transmission fluid and filter last year
new filters all around
new differential mounts

The interior originally was blue leather, an incredibly odd combo ordered for the exterior color. Sadly it had not been taken care of and was cracked and shredded. I installed the front and rear seats from a '93 300D 2.5 turbo. All blue MBTex, which is more durable and more comfortable than the leather. I haven't had an opportunity to swap out the drivers seat back, but I do have it and it will go with the car. The sunroof interior panel was removed while I tried to fix the sunroof and I have it sitting on a shelf for the car. The C pillar trim also is missing but its an easy fix, i'm currently trying to find some in blue but any color will work and vinyl dye can make it work. 

The car isn't perfect but it is very dependable and has never left me stranded. Currently the drivers door lock tumbler is jammed and I open the locks via the trunk lock and the key itself is original and the plastic is cracked and broken. A new tumbler will come with a new key so its a 2 for 1 deal for the next owner. 

there are two spots of rust that were on the car when I bought it from its last owner, they have been cleaned up and treated with rust converter and undercoating. 

Lastly, I was in a fender bender on I4 a few years ago and I have taken photos of the damage. While my sister had the car someone at Florida Southern backed into the left front fender and broke the trim off. 

photos are below. If you are interested call the phone number and leave a message and ill get back to you or send me an email. Price is OBO, I'm open to cash offers, no trades. 

[Image: IMG_6159_zpsqbjmw5x1.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6147_zps2vmqoqln.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6144_zpseooxuybb.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6145_zpsdmwefomv.jpg]

1987 Mercedes Benz 300D Turbo
(craigslist add with more photos)

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average