STD Tuning Engine Which electric pre-pump for 7.5-8mm plungers???

Which electric pre-pump for 7.5-8mm plungers???

Which electric pre-pump for 7.5-8mm plungers???

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

kotka
K26-2

02-27-2015, 04:10 PM #1
I think to change stock lift pre-pump provided quite low efficiency of this stock element for the 7.5-8mm plungers based fuel pump. 

the options for my OM606 I keep in mind are:

1) mechanic pump (lets say from from OM611) + FPR (lets say Aeromotive)

2) Electric (lets say 044) + FPR

3) Electric (either 004 or 044) + PWM managed by boost sensor

the pros/cons I think of at the moment are:

option 1 above:
+ no alternator dependance / load
+ engine RPM linked
+ FPR can be additionally linked to boost
+ high reliability
- no belt - no fuel
- some load to the engine
- the fuel pressure / rpm curve needs to be tested

option 2:
+ no belt dependance
+ very high fuel pressure
- alternator load - fuel consumption
- some embeded reliability issue (electric pump

option 3:
+ no FPR required
- needs to be calibrated to any new type of sensors
- PWM   
- alternator load - fuel consumption
- some embeded reliability issue (electric pump)

I appreciate your ideas / concerns to the above approaches as I recently faced a fuel pressure issue on my 7.5 pump at high rpm and would like to change the set up

any other suggestions are welcome Smile))))))))))))
kotka
02-27-2015, 04:10 PM #1

I think to change stock lift pre-pump provided quite low efficiency of this stock element for the 7.5-8mm plungers based fuel pump. 

the options for my OM606 I keep in mind are:

1) mechanic pump (lets say from from OM611) + FPR (lets say Aeromotive)

2) Electric (lets say 044) + FPR

3) Electric (either 004 or 044) + PWM managed by boost sensor

the pros/cons I think of at the moment are:

option 1 above:
+ no alternator dependance / load
+ engine RPM linked
+ FPR can be additionally linked to boost
+ high reliability
- no belt - no fuel
- some load to the engine
- the fuel pressure / rpm curve needs to be tested

option 2:
+ no belt dependance
+ very high fuel pressure
- alternator load - fuel consumption
- some embeded reliability issue (electric pump

option 3:
+ no FPR required
- needs to be calibrated to any new type of sensors
- PWM   
- alternator load - fuel consumption
- some embeded reliability issue (electric pump)

I appreciate your ideas / concerns to the above approaches as I recently faced a fuel pressure issue on my 7.5 pump at high rpm and would like to change the set up

any other suggestions are welcome Smile))))))))))))

Duncansport
Holset

02-27-2015, 04:57 PM #2
044 and a basic BOSCH 3bar regulator after them pump, remove the return line bolt that regulates it now. I use a FPR from a early SAAB 900 SPG and it works great, super easy and cheap but not junk.
Duncansport
02-27-2015, 04:57 PM #2

044 and a basic BOSCH 3bar regulator after them pump, remove the return line bolt that regulates it now. I use a FPR from a early SAAB 900 SPG and it works great, super easy and cheap but not junk.

barrote
Superturbo

02-27-2015, 05:22 PM #3
whats wrong with the bosch 044 type replicas made in china, i have one for 2years now, running great.
u really dont need any press regulator device, simply cause u have one in the return banjo bolt in the IP.
stock bosch is ,5BAR . so easy to find one at 3BAR , almost every lucas rotary stile have one. just bolt in.

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
02-27-2015, 05:22 PM #3

whats wrong with the bosch 044 type replicas made in china, i have one for 2years now, running great.
u really dont need any press regulator device, simply cause u have one in the return banjo bolt in the IP.
stock bosch is ,5BAR . so easy to find one at 3BAR , almost every lucas rotary stile have one. just bolt in.

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

F.R.A.S
Holset

02-27-2015, 05:56 PM #4
(02-27-2015, 05:22 PM)barrote whats wrong with the bosch 044 type replicas made in china, i have one for 2years now, running great.

That's not correct. A 044 pump will do 8-9-10bar on a good day. 5bar is just what they have in the spec cause it's flow tested at a constant on that pressure.

And you can NOT have the factory restriction in the pump when having an electric fuel pump.

We have tried to have to much and to low pressure and you should not have more then 3bar and in my opinion no less then 3bar Smile

A FPR is the way to go and no boost connected just straight 3bar all over.

F-tune Performance [Image: V-band_om606.jpg] [Image: GTX3582R.jpg] [Image: gs6-53dz_gearbox.jpg]

I can help you out with all your manual transmission, clutch, flywheel, intake and exhaust manifold issues.
F.R.A.S
02-27-2015, 05:56 PM #4

(02-27-2015, 05:22 PM)barrote whats wrong with the bosch 044 type replicas made in china, i have one for 2years now, running great.

That's not correct. A 044 pump will do 8-9-10bar on a good day. 5bar is just what they have in the spec cause it's flow tested at a constant on that pressure.

And you can NOT have the factory restriction in the pump when having an electric fuel pump.

We have tried to have to much and to low pressure and you should not have more then 3bar and in my opinion no less then 3bar Smile

A FPR is the way to go and no boost connected just straight 3bar all over.

F-tune Performance [Image: V-band_om606.jpg] [Image: GTX3582R.jpg] [Image: gs6-53dz_gearbox.jpg]

I can help you out with all your manual transmission, clutch, flywheel, intake and exhaust manifold issues.

barrote
Superturbo

02-28-2015, 10:12 AM #5
Hey FRAS !!!
i was not talking about that, most common problem, i belive people find in using a 044 type electrical fuel pump is pipe bursting (blown piping) leaks of many order, O ring failure, correct??? that was what i experienced.

i found a easy way of overcoming that problem, and is so easy that that it is just hurts the brain out!

1 if we have the lift pump working as stock, it is able to flow upstream.
2 stock fuel filter assy has a small orifice to purge air in the system on the return line.
3 the IP itself has a press reg device of .5BAR at the exit banjo.

considering this, the stock system is able of controling the press. what u have to mod is the size of the restrictor hole at the fuel filter, and the banjo bolt at IP. as i said rotary stile pumps like lucas have one bolt wich is bolt in for our IP´s set at 3BAR instead of .5.

this 044 pumps are able to what 200lts/h at 5 bar!!! that is 3.3 lts min, 0.05 lts every second or 50cc every second.
so my engine is at 5k RPM, 110cc/1000 strokes so 41 strokes every sec. 110/1000x41= 45 cc injected fuel every sec. i dont belive my 044 replica will hold the 5 BAR at 5krpm.

brain storming lol, Wink

can i PM u regarding a clutch problem.
regards

FD,