STD Tuning Drivetrain ClutchNet issues...

ClutchNet issues...

ClutchNet issues...

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Duncansport
Holset

02-25-2015, 03:10 PM #1
Project is moving along here but having issues with the new clutch from ClutchNet.

Clutch wouldn't release,  built an adjustable slave cylinder on the lathe and still no go. Take trans and clutch out during luch break and find that the disc does not release when assembled in the flywheel on the press. Cut flywheel another .040 still no go. Gonna cut another .040 deeper and see.

Tried calling these guys for a week no and no avil. Should have know better then dealing with this company. This has had me back on the fence of ditch my .430 set up entirely in favor of a T56 or something.

Just a venting post here  Dodgy
Duncansport
02-25-2015, 03:10 PM #1

Project is moving along here but having issues with the new clutch from ClutchNet.

Clutch wouldn't release,  built an adjustable slave cylinder on the lathe and still no go. Take trans and clutch out during luch break and find that the disc does not release when assembled in the flywheel on the press. Cut flywheel another .040 still no go. Gonna cut another .040 deeper and see.

Tried calling these guys for a week no and no avil. Should have know better then dealing with this company. This has had me back on the fence of ditch my .430 set up entirely in favor of a T56 or something.

Just a venting post here  Dodgy

F.R.A.S
Holset

02-25-2015, 03:18 PM #2
As you know you are not the first Sad It's really bad what you are saying. Can you explain a bit more so even me on my poor English can understand?

You are pressing the clutch in a press and it's still not releasing? Can you post a picture or a couple?

F-tune Performance [Image: V-band_om606.jpg] [Image: GTX3582R.jpg] [Image: gs6-53dz_gearbox.jpg]

I can help you out with all your manual transmission, clutch, flywheel, intake and exhaust manifold issues.
F.R.A.S
02-25-2015, 03:18 PM #2

As you know you are not the first Sad It's really bad what you are saying. Can you explain a bit more so even me on my poor English can understand?

You are pressing the clutch in a press and it's still not releasing? Can you post a picture or a couple?

F-tune Performance [Image: V-band_om606.jpg] [Image: GTX3582R.jpg] [Image: gs6-53dz_gearbox.jpg]

I can help you out with all your manual transmission, clutch, flywheel, intake and exhaust manifold issues.

Duncansport
Holset

02-25-2015, 03:39 PM #3
(02-25-2015, 03:18 PM)F.R.A.S As you know you are not the first Sad It's really bad what you are saying. Can you explain a bit more so even me on my poor English can understand?

The clutch assembly (flywheel, disc and pressure plate) when pressed will not release the disc. I have verified that the pressure plate friction surface does in fact move when the diaphragm spring is pressed (in the press)..it moves up about 1.5-2mm. The new friction disc is considerably thicker then the OE 190E 16V disc. I think this is the issue. 

Make sense?
Duncansport
02-25-2015, 03:39 PM #3

(02-25-2015, 03:18 PM)F.R.A.S As you know you are not the first Sad It's really bad what you are saying. Can you explain a bit more so even me on my poor English can understand?

The clutch assembly (flywheel, disc and pressure plate) when pressed will not release the disc. I have verified that the pressure plate friction surface does in fact move when the diaphragm spring is pressed (in the press)..it moves up about 1.5-2mm. The new friction disc is considerably thicker then the OE 190E 16V disc. I think this is the issue. 

Make sense?

F.R.A.S
Holset

02-25-2015, 03:47 PM #4
(02-25-2015, 03:39 PM)Duncansport The clutch assembly (flywheel, disc and pressure plate) when pressed will not release the disc. I have verified that the pressure plate friction surface does in fact move when the diaphragm spring is pressed (in the press)..it moves up about 1.5-2mm. The new friction disc is considerably thicker then the OE 190E 16V disc. I think this is the issue. 

Make sense?

The new clutch is what brand? And why haven't they machined it to the right specs? Sounds just weird.

Stock clutch is Sachs and it should be 8mm, 8.5mm, or 9.2mm thick. The new one should be one of the above if Sachs. If another brand probably 8mm.

And what is the PP pressure height? If it's like the 765 for example it's 9.2mm, that means it's made for a 9.2mm clutch. If you have an 8mm clutch you'll have to machine the flywheel to have the PP 1.2mm lower then the clutch. This is just "making a clutch setup one on one".

F.R.A.S
02-25-2015, 03:47 PM #4

(02-25-2015, 03:39 PM)Duncansport The clutch assembly (flywheel, disc and pressure plate) when pressed will not release the disc. I have verified that the pressure plate friction surface does in fact move when the diaphragm spring is pressed (in the press)..it moves up about 1.5-2mm. The new friction disc is considerably thicker then the OE 190E 16V disc. I think this is the issue. 

Make sense?

The new clutch is what brand? And why haven't they machined it to the right specs? Sounds just weird.

Stock clutch is Sachs and it should be 8mm, 8.5mm, or 9.2mm thick. The new one should be one of the above if Sachs. If another brand probably 8mm.

And what is the PP pressure height? If it's like the 765 for example it's 9.2mm, that means it's made for a 9.2mm clutch. If you have an 8mm clutch you'll have to machine the flywheel to have the PP 1.2mm lower then the clutch. This is just "making a clutch setup one on one".

Duncansport
Holset

02-25-2015, 03:53 PM #5
(02-25-2015, 03:47 PM)F.R.A.S

Make sense?

The clutch is a OE 190E 16V. Its a stepped unit. The PP is rebuilt and "stronger" and the disc is all new from clutchnet. The PP is the OEM sachs just reworked.
How about you just send me a new solution---flywheel and clutch for my OM605 and  mB gear box that is going to blow up.  Confused
Duncansport
02-25-2015, 03:53 PM #5

(02-25-2015, 03:47 PM)F.R.A.S

Make sense?

The clutch is a OE 190E 16V. Its a stepped unit. The PP is rebuilt and "stronger" and the disc is all new from clutchnet. The PP is the OEM sachs just reworked.
How about you just send me a new solution---flywheel and clutch for my OM605 and  mB gear box that is going to blow up.  Confused

F.R.A.S
Holset

02-25-2015, 04:12 PM #6
This is why you want me to show the T56 solution Smile

F.R.A.S
02-25-2015, 04:12 PM #6

This is why you want me to show the T56 solution Smile

Duncansport
Holset

02-25-2015, 04:22 PM #7
(02-25-2015, 04:12 PM)F.R.A.S This is why you want me to show the T56 solution Smile

Yes  Exclamation
They're not terribly expensive around here ($1000.00)
Duncansport
02-25-2015, 04:22 PM #7

(02-25-2015, 04:12 PM)F.R.A.S This is why you want me to show the T56 solution Smile

Yes  Exclamation
They're not terribly expensive around here ($1000.00)

raysorenson
Superturbo

02-25-2015, 07:29 PM #8
I've got a Clutchnet disc that won't release either. I put some .01" shim stock between the PP and FW and it got a little better. Then I added .01" more and it got a little better. Now I'm tired of pulling my trans and messing with it. The FW had a 1mm step. Did you notice the reduction in spline length on the disc too?

Screw that asshole. He won't reply to my email asking how thick he builds his discs.
raysorenson
02-25-2015, 07:29 PM #8

I've got a Clutchnet disc that won't release either. I put some .01" shim stock between the PP and FW and it got a little better. Then I added .01" more and it got a little better. Now I'm tired of pulling my trans and messing with it. The FW had a 1mm step. Did you notice the reduction in spline length on the disc too?

Screw that asshole. He won't reply to my email asking how thick he builds his discs.

Duncansport
Holset

02-26-2015, 07:02 AM #9
Yeah they're shit heads..
Duncansport
02-26-2015, 07:02 AM #9

Yeah they're shit heads..

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average