STD Tuning Engine locked up IP

locked up IP

locked up IP

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sjevsspeed.nl
twincharged

02-14-2015, 08:19 AM #1
Did anyone ever have a stuck IP?

ive built a om606.962 engine with an om603 non turbo pump.

It had a weird knocking sound wich sounded like a knocking injector,
ive retimed the pump.
ran good idle at first and then after 15 secondes knocking returned, it ran for almost a minute when engine shut itself of gently.

now crackshaft is completely stuck,
already started pulling head of, got one camshaft out and exhaust camshaft has a litlle bit of play now,
but got the idea that the IP might be seized?

anyone ever had a seized IP and could u tell me the symptoms?
Sjevsspeed.nl
02-14-2015, 08:19 AM #1

Did anyone ever have a stuck IP?

ive built a om606.962 engine with an om603 non turbo pump.

It had a weird knocking sound wich sounded like a knocking injector,
ive retimed the pump.
ran good idle at first and then after 15 secondes knocking returned, it ran for almost a minute when engine shut itself of gently.

now crackshaft is completely stuck,
already started pulling head of, got one camshaft out and exhaust camshaft has a litlle bit of play now,
but got the idea that the IP might be seized?

anyone ever had a seized IP and could u tell me the symptoms?

barrote
Superturbo

02-16-2015, 03:34 PM #2
hy there , that may hapen , not sure if the simptoms would be that , i belive your engine just hit the valves by any reason. the simptoms your describing are consistent with some debris left inside the combustion chanbers. or valve contact.
any how u may inspect the pump at the window panel. if something capable of securing the engine is boken is at element guides,
regarding the knocking noise Sad too bad my friend.... knocking sounds with folowed engine shut down is bad .
try to actuate the valves at the lifters , it should be possible to move them , the one that does not move u´ll see the problem in there.
good luck then

FD,