STD Other Projects Lexus is300d Compound swap.

Lexus is300d Compound swap.

Lexus is300d Compound swap.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

seanyt
is300d He351ve

02-06-2015, 01:01 PM #1
To save going throught the whole post ill update the first one. 

Finished the New 3" Exhaust, all stainless steel tig welded i used a V-band to connect my new downpipe to the exhaust. Because this downpipe will be replaced soon for the new turbo.
[Image: IMAG1388.jpg]
Absolutely love the noise of it now, Just have one backbox in place.
Made a lower Coolant line to clear the alternator. 
[Image: IMAG1403.jpg]
Got my hands on a new starter solenoid and brushes after the old solenoid decided it would be okay to stay locked on, Thankfully battery was low and it didnt start but none the less didnt want to take chances 
[Image: IMAG1392.jpg]
[Image: IMAG1393.jpg]
Got a new alternator to compliment the start and put the 16 year old engine electrics to bed
[Image: IMAG1394.jpg]

Well this will have to be removed shortly
[Image: IMAG1404.jpg]

Along with this little nozzle restrictor that i removed while i gave it it's first full tank of diesel
[Image: IMAG1405.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20150228-WA0002.jpg]
Got a few odd looks while removing the nozzle restrictor and im sure ill get a few more when i fill it up in future

Changed the wheel to a genuine Nardi Deep corn ive been dying to fit in the car and also fitted the new paddle shifters while i was at it.
These still need to be wired in but that will happen shortly
[Image: IMAG1406.jpg]

Day time shot as is, im not happy with the bumper as i cut the hell out of it to fit the cooler and clear everything, I think next up ill fit a stock cooler and heat the lower pieces with a hot air gun and shape the bumper to clear the intercooler end hoses.
[Image: IMG-20150228-WA0000.jpg]

Car is in limp mode as it stands but my engine tuner emailed me a "New" map that has all the smoke/torque limiters raised and also the limp mode fuel tables replaced with new ones and a little more.
Car runs well but only creates boost after 4k when the stock wastegate cant flow anymore. 
So tonight i wired the turbo up to my arduino 722.6 controller and set it to 1bar for 0-100% throttle and the car flys. 

Still have the tacho / rev / coolant and few other lights to wire up on the cluster but so far so good. 
Tacho is easy just 1 wire from the abs, for revs i will need to build a vr amp circuit but also not a big job. Rest is just wiring direct to the clocks 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Been holding off on this post for a while,
But finally making progress. Not due to there being so much work, but back to me me having time.

To begin a chose an is200 for this engine not the other way around. i did consider Nissan skylines and silvias etc.
Only because i didnt want to have to swap the sump or modify them.

I also didnt want to have to modify the subframe. My plan was to bolt the engine in with as little welding or custom fabrication as possibly.
Im not worried about custom oil lines, coolers plumbing etc.

I bought an e300td crashed and stripped what i needed from it.
Then got a lexus is200 drove it for 6 months then sold the engine, gearbox, ecu for what the e300td cost.

I sat the om606 on to a spare is200 subframe and realised that everything cleared perfect. Not only this but it sat on its own mounts in the perfect position.
Any further back and it would foul the firewall and further forward and i would have no radiator space. it also lined closely up to two holes in the subframe. So i got two stepped spacers made up and bolted the engine in place.
Needed to get 60mm brackets made to lower the anti-roll bar. But it is still above the subframe and acts as great protected for the front of the om606 sump.

Decided to use the stock gearbox mount and plate. and made two brackets for the plate. These alloy brackets bolt to the lexus body and the plate bolts to these. Easy so far.
Sent the prop off to get redone for the 722.6 gearbox.

Removed the viscous fan, fuel filter housing, fitted a new waterpump, serviced the engine. ran a new fuel return line through a vapour line on the is200 as it runs a returnless fuel system. mounted an x5 filter inline also.
Then got a bracket made that bolts to the EDC pump and allows a banjo fitting to bolt on.

Bolted on two oil coolers one engine the other gearbox, Got some lines made up for these. originally planned on a oil thermostat inline but was advice the om606 already has this, making that job easier. Fitted a return line from ps pump to rack and got a high pressure line made for power steering

The coolant lines are all custom but nothing fancy just 16mm alloy tube and some 90 bends.
The radiator line are a little harder. lower line is a reducer and a stainless piece a made to clear the alternator. The upper line for now is a basic join but very tight so this will be changed when i get an alloy radiator and relocate the upper hose outlet.

Inter cooler was supposed to be a 600x300x75 nice big one but the height was far too high for a lexus bumper leaving 30-40mm sticking out the bottom. So i then fitted a 550x240 instead fits nice although today the bumper got a serious shave to let the air in.

The stock ecu was socketed and a cr1 immo chip was fitted and one chip reprogrammed, so it started first turn every time now.
The original is200 throttle cable was fitted to the e300 tps sensor with minor work.
The ecu and glow plug relay both fitted into the is200 ecu box with some trimming inside but not obvious outside.

The vacuum pump is now plumbed inline with the brake servo for assisted brakes.
The bonnet was notched slighly on the drive side to clear the front of the cylinder head.

Still need to make an exhaust for it but have 3" and 80mm stainless for that.

Ole jefer 722.6 gearbox controller is fitted and tapped into the tps sensor.
The e300 shifter was cut down alot. and bolted to the original shifter bracket then fitted in place.
The shifter shaft was shorted and rewelded, then after i fitted the controller i set the length so each PRND was in the correct slot.

The stock turbo is fitted but the wastegate vacuum is not connected.
Also the egr is blocked at the exhaust and the original egr valve has been replaced with a 2" alloy inlet.
The maf and egr are removed so i presume the car is gone into limp and wont boost either way.

The is200 fans are run off a radiator switch so 2 12" fan where mounted to the front of the rad and wired in.

the overall goal is 400-450hp with a broad power range,
To achieve this is have an 8mm Dieselmeken EDC pump good for 170cc Smile
a he351ve turbo with a can controller i built.
I also have now a 50trim t3 turbo and two wastegates. supposed to be a 60mm but allows 2" pipe and is measured at 44mm internally.

Still need to get a manifold made but got the flanges i need laser cut.
the ecu will be remapped by a friend.

Im not expecting the stock gearbox to last long, so i have an e55 amg gearbox with blown oil pump, and a 270cdi gearbox.
Im hoping to make one good box from the two they both cost the sum of €50 so there definitely worth a rebuild.

The is200 rear diff is stock and not known to handle abuse or power. so im looking into different options is220d / is250 / is300 and also isf options are being looked at.

Ill get all my pics uploaded soon and post them up, i know no good project is worth anything without them.
But today i got to drive the car be it just under low speed with no turbo spooling but a good start.
The poor front shocks have dropped a little since the last 6 cyc was in place, this will be fixed in summer by some BC coilovers.
This post was last modified: 03-06-2015, 01:28 PM by seanyt.
seanyt
02-06-2015, 01:01 PM #1

To save going throught the whole post ill update the first one. 

Finished the New 3" Exhaust, all stainless steel tig welded i used a V-band to connect my new downpipe to the exhaust. Because this downpipe will be replaced soon for the new turbo.
[Image: IMAG1388.jpg]
Absolutely love the noise of it now, Just have one backbox in place.
Made a lower Coolant line to clear the alternator. 
[Image: IMAG1403.jpg]
Got my hands on a new starter solenoid and brushes after the old solenoid decided it would be okay to stay locked on, Thankfully battery was low and it didnt start but none the less didnt want to take chances 
[Image: IMAG1392.jpg]
[Image: IMAG1393.jpg]
Got a new alternator to compliment the start and put the 16 year old engine electrics to bed
[Image: IMAG1394.jpg]

Well this will have to be removed shortly
[Image: IMAG1404.jpg]

Along with this little nozzle restrictor that i removed while i gave it it's first full tank of diesel
[Image: IMAG1405.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20150228-WA0002.jpg]
Got a few odd looks while removing the nozzle restrictor and im sure ill get a few more when i fill it up in future

Changed the wheel to a genuine Nardi Deep corn ive been dying to fit in the car and also fitted the new paddle shifters while i was at it.
These still need to be wired in but that will happen shortly
[Image: IMAG1406.jpg]

Day time shot as is, im not happy with the bumper as i cut the hell out of it to fit the cooler and clear everything, I think next up ill fit a stock cooler and heat the lower pieces with a hot air gun and shape the bumper to clear the intercooler end hoses.
[Image: IMG-20150228-WA0000.jpg]

Car is in limp mode as it stands but my engine tuner emailed me a "New" map that has all the smoke/torque limiters raised and also the limp mode fuel tables replaced with new ones and a little more.
Car runs well but only creates boost after 4k when the stock wastegate cant flow anymore. 
So tonight i wired the turbo up to my arduino 722.6 controller and set it to 1bar for 0-100% throttle and the car flys. 

Still have the tacho / rev / coolant and few other lights to wire up on the cluster but so far so good. 
Tacho is easy just 1 wire from the abs, for revs i will need to build a vr amp circuit but also not a big job. Rest is just wiring direct to the clocks 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Been holding off on this post for a while,
But finally making progress. Not due to there being so much work, but back to me me having time.

To begin a chose an is200 for this engine not the other way around. i did consider Nissan skylines and silvias etc.
Only because i didnt want to have to swap the sump or modify them.

I also didnt want to have to modify the subframe. My plan was to bolt the engine in with as little welding or custom fabrication as possibly.
Im not worried about custom oil lines, coolers plumbing etc.

I bought an e300td crashed and stripped what i needed from it.
Then got a lexus is200 drove it for 6 months then sold the engine, gearbox, ecu for what the e300td cost.

I sat the om606 on to a spare is200 subframe and realised that everything cleared perfect. Not only this but it sat on its own mounts in the perfect position.
Any further back and it would foul the firewall and further forward and i would have no radiator space. it also lined closely up to two holes in the subframe. So i got two stepped spacers made up and bolted the engine in place.
Needed to get 60mm brackets made to lower the anti-roll bar. But it is still above the subframe and acts as great protected for the front of the om606 sump.

Decided to use the stock gearbox mount and plate. and made two brackets for the plate. These alloy brackets bolt to the lexus body and the plate bolts to these. Easy so far.
Sent the prop off to get redone for the 722.6 gearbox.

Removed the viscous fan, fuel filter housing, fitted a new waterpump, serviced the engine. ran a new fuel return line through a vapour line on the is200 as it runs a returnless fuel system. mounted an x5 filter inline also.
Then got a bracket made that bolts to the EDC pump and allows a banjo fitting to bolt on.

Bolted on two oil coolers one engine the other gearbox, Got some lines made up for these. originally planned on a oil thermostat inline but was advice the om606 already has this, making that job easier. Fitted a return line from ps pump to rack and got a high pressure line made for power steering

The coolant lines are all custom but nothing fancy just 16mm alloy tube and some 90 bends.
The radiator line are a little harder. lower line is a reducer and a stainless piece a made to clear the alternator. The upper line for now is a basic join but very tight so this will be changed when i get an alloy radiator and relocate the upper hose outlet.

Inter cooler was supposed to be a 600x300x75 nice big one but the height was far too high for a lexus bumper leaving 30-40mm sticking out the bottom. So i then fitted a 550x240 instead fits nice although today the bumper got a serious shave to let the air in.

The stock ecu was socketed and a cr1 immo chip was fitted and one chip reprogrammed, so it started first turn every time now.
The original is200 throttle cable was fitted to the e300 tps sensor with minor work.
The ecu and glow plug relay both fitted into the is200 ecu box with some trimming inside but not obvious outside.

The vacuum pump is now plumbed inline with the brake servo for assisted brakes.
The bonnet was notched slighly on the drive side to clear the front of the cylinder head.

Still need to make an exhaust for it but have 3" and 80mm stainless for that.

Ole jefer 722.6 gearbox controller is fitted and tapped into the tps sensor.
The e300 shifter was cut down alot. and bolted to the original shifter bracket then fitted in place.
The shifter shaft was shorted and rewelded, then after i fitted the controller i set the length so each PRND was in the correct slot.

The stock turbo is fitted but the wastegate vacuum is not connected.
Also the egr is blocked at the exhaust and the original egr valve has been replaced with a 2" alloy inlet.
The maf and egr are removed so i presume the car is gone into limp and wont boost either way.

The is200 fans are run off a radiator switch so 2 12" fan where mounted to the front of the rad and wired in.

the overall goal is 400-450hp with a broad power range,
To achieve this is have an 8mm Dieselmeken EDC pump good for 170cc Smile
a he351ve turbo with a can controller i built.
I also have now a 50trim t3 turbo and two wastegates. supposed to be a 60mm but allows 2" pipe and is measured at 44mm internally.

Still need to get a manifold made but got the flanges i need laser cut.
the ecu will be remapped by a friend.

Im not expecting the stock gearbox to last long, so i have an e55 amg gearbox with blown oil pump, and a 270cdi gearbox.
Im hoping to make one good box from the two they both cost the sum of €50 so there definitely worth a rebuild.

The is200 rear diff is stock and not known to handle abuse or power. so im looking into different options is220d / is250 / is300 and also isf options are being looked at.

Ill get all my pics uploaded soon and post them up, i know no good project is worth anything without them.
But today i got to drive the car be it just under low speed with no turbo spooling but a good start.
The poor front shocks have dropped a little since the last 6 cyc was in place, this will be fixed in summer by some BC coilovers.

Sjevsspeed.nl
twincharged

02-06-2015, 01:41 PM #2
hi nice project got any pics?

havent u concidered switching to a mechanical injection pump?
And isnt it a good idea to use a supra or aristo diff? then u have plenty lsd options dont know how good they wil fitt but i remember seeing some 2jz swapped is300 and if i can recal they had gearbox and diff swapped too
This post was last modified: 02-06-2015, 01:43 PM by Sjevsspeed.nl.
Sjevsspeed.nl
02-06-2015, 01:41 PM #2

hi nice project got any pics?

havent u concidered switching to a mechanical injection pump?
And isnt it a good idea to use a supra or aristo diff? then u have plenty lsd options dont know how good they wil fitt but i remember seeing some 2jz swapped is300 and if i can recal they had gearbox and diff swapped too

seanyt
is300d He351ve

02-06-2015, 03:22 PM #3
I have a mechanical pump also but opted with the edc because if gives plenty of fuel i need and i can map it cleaner than a machanical pump.

Yeah is250 and is300 will bolt in. there easy got in 3.9 not so much in 3.7
I could also use an is220d but there 2.5 but seem to be the strongest, they also need subframe modifications to fit the front mounts and the prop pinion changed.

So im gonna drive it as is for now and see how happy i am with the gearing before i decide.
Yeah im gonna upload to photobucket and link pics soon.
seanyt
02-06-2015, 03:22 PM #3

I have a mechanical pump also but opted with the edc because if gives plenty of fuel i need and i can map it cleaner than a machanical pump.

Yeah is250 and is300 will bolt in. there easy got in 3.9 not so much in 3.7
I could also use an is220d but there 2.5 but seem to be the strongest, they also need subframe modifications to fit the front mounts and the prop pinion changed.

So im gonna drive it as is for now and see how happy i am with the gearing before i decide.
Yeah im gonna upload to photobucket and link pics soon.

Petar
7.5mm M pump

02-06-2015, 04:54 PM #4
Yeah you should get those pics up. I don't even have clue what does that Lexus look like Tongue
Petar
02-06-2015, 04:54 PM #4

Yeah you should get those pics up. I don't even have clue what does that Lexus look like Tongue

muuris
OM605

02-07-2015, 06:54 AM #5
I'm pretty sure that the He351V turbine will cause massive backpressure in this setup as it does it even when being single turbo pushing 400hp. Also the compressor is a bit small for LP compound on 606. Have you taken these into account?

Pics please! Smile
muuris
02-07-2015, 06:54 AM #5

I'm pretty sure that the He351V turbine will cause massive backpressure in this setup as it does it even when being single turbo pushing 400hp. Also the compressor is a bit small for LP compound on 606. Have you taken these into account?

Pics please! Smile

seanyt
is300d He351ve

02-07-2015, 08:10 AM #6
Uploading pics to Photobucket right now. Both turbos are sized similar to the ke70 compound and the g-wagon compounds running masterpower turbos . Im hoping that due to the he351ve running lower boost the vanes will be open less to than if it solely was trying to run 2.5 bar boost.
Ive looked at 64mm compressor wheels and also 64mm turbine wheels for the he351ve but these will be a last resort after ive run it and actually know what kind of boost each turbo makes and the EGP at each stage.

First day i picked it up last year.
[Image: IMG-20140828-WA0010.jpg]

Put new shoes on it within a few weeks pirellis all round and new discs with red stuff pads.
[Image: IMG-20140828-WA0009.jpg]

Bye bye 1g-fe
[Image: 20140816_183955.jpg]

The 1g-fe beside my om606
[Image: 20140816_185008.jpg]

[Image: 20140816_185018.jpg]

Fitted a fixed back seat on the original rails
[Image: 20140819_204926.jpg]

Also swapped out the interior to altezza. The old seats where airbag/ electric and heated the new seats are much lighter in comparison

Cut down shifter assembly just leaving the lever lock upright so id doest move through a gate. The Whole assembly is bolted to the stock mount and rubber place underneath to seal from road noise etc
Gear knob is the stock lexus and just there for show.
[Image: 20140821_205105.jpg]

New oil coolers and lines made up for them
[Image: IMG_20140919_163558.jpg]

All ready to get dropped in.
[Image: IMG-20140828-WA0002.jpg]

Nearly there, wasnt easy with one engine crane leg on the path the other off.
[Image: IMG-20140828-WA0004.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20140828-WA0005.jpg]

And where in, Trial fit of the oil coolers
[Image: 20140927_173604.jpg]

Safety bar fitted and ready for chopping for intercooler.
[Image: 20140927_173641.jpg]

Bumper still fits and waiting to be bucketed with the new intercooler
[Image: 20140927_174124.jpg]
This was the old 600x300 intercooler.

Way too tall for my liking this would get seriously damaged for daily driving.
[Image: 20140928_181708.jpg]

New one ordered 550x240mm
[Image: IMG-20141017-WA0008.jpeg]

Fits better already, Although i ditched the idea of alloy pipe and wernt with stainless instead.
Pipe was free so no big loss
[Image: IMG_20141206_143308.jpg]

Fits nice behind the bumper but this was before trimming, Bumper does not fit at all in this pic
[Image: IMG_20141018_172554.jpg]

Two 12" fan arrived and cr1 immo chip also
[Image: IMG-20141017-WA0006.jpeg]

Some work on the ecu to make it remappable and ditch the immo problem
[Image: IMG_20141017_192323.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20141017_192408.jpg]

Bye Bye fuel shutoff, also no need to use mercedes fitting and leaking o-rings anymore
[Image: IMG-20141007-WA0000.jpg]

Two sets of antiroll bar spacers to clear the sump made up
[Image: IMG_20140919_171102.jpg]

[Image: 20140920_152348.jpg]

[Image: 20140920_152400.jpg]

It sure is a long lump in comparison to a 1g-fe and a 2j normally found in these cars.
[Image: IMG-20140828-WA0000.jpg]

But fits all the same
[Image: IMG_20141209_164808.jpg]

Early pic of sizing where the he351ve is going to sit, space is very tight between shock tower and engine, easily fit a small turbo between is but not this one.
[Image: IMG-20140828-WA0001.jpg]

Some early trimming of bumper, once the end pipes go on this bumper does fit, So just to keep it looking normal for now.
[Image: IMG-20141027-WA0000.jpg]

A great day for any om606/3 owner a Dieselmeken 8mm pump marked for 170cc
[Image: IMG_20150126_145744.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20150126_100403.jpg]

The same day the pump was collected, The t3 turbo and wastegate arrived.
This turbo will be getting a new turbine wheel and genuine bearings, i picked it for it turbine and compressor sizes.
[Image: IMG_20150126_145824.jpg]
A very empty wallet for a few weeks after that day.

Ill get some more pics up soon. Ive driven the car using the 722.6 controller, But no maf or egr so im guessing its in limp, also the map sensor isnt plumbed into the manifold but it starts, drives, steers and stops. Thatll do for now, Next up ecu remap, new radiator with relocat upper hose, and wire in all my sensors to the is200 instrument cluster, This uses a multiplexor system but ill be bypassing that.
This post was last modified: 02-07-2015, 08:34 AM by seanyt.
seanyt
02-07-2015, 08:10 AM #6

Uploading pics to Photobucket right now. Both turbos are sized similar to the ke70 compound and the g-wagon compounds running masterpower turbos . Im hoping that due to the he351ve running lower boost the vanes will be open less to than if it solely was trying to run 2.5 bar boost.
Ive looked at 64mm compressor wheels and also 64mm turbine wheels for the he351ve but these will be a last resort after ive run it and actually know what kind of boost each turbo makes and the EGP at each stage.

First day i picked it up last year.
[Image: IMG-20140828-WA0010.jpg]

Put new shoes on it within a few weeks pirellis all round and new discs with red stuff pads.
[Image: IMG-20140828-WA0009.jpg]

Bye bye 1g-fe
[Image: 20140816_183955.jpg]

The 1g-fe beside my om606
[Image: 20140816_185008.jpg]

[Image: 20140816_185018.jpg]

Fitted a fixed back seat on the original rails
[Image: 20140819_204926.jpg]

Also swapped out the interior to altezza. The old seats where airbag/ electric and heated the new seats are much lighter in comparison

Cut down shifter assembly just leaving the lever lock upright so id doest move through a gate. The Whole assembly is bolted to the stock mount and rubber place underneath to seal from road noise etc
Gear knob is the stock lexus and just there for show.
[Image: 20140821_205105.jpg]

New oil coolers and lines made up for them
[Image: IMG_20140919_163558.jpg]

All ready to get dropped in.
[Image: IMG-20140828-WA0002.jpg]

Nearly there, wasnt easy with one engine crane leg on the path the other off.
[Image: IMG-20140828-WA0004.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20140828-WA0005.jpg]

And where in, Trial fit of the oil coolers
[Image: 20140927_173604.jpg]

Safety bar fitted and ready for chopping for intercooler.
[Image: 20140927_173641.jpg]

Bumper still fits and waiting to be bucketed with the new intercooler
[Image: 20140927_174124.jpg]
This was the old 600x300 intercooler.

Way too tall for my liking this would get seriously damaged for daily driving.
[Image: 20140928_181708.jpg]

New one ordered 550x240mm
[Image: IMG-20141017-WA0008.jpeg]

Fits better already, Although i ditched the idea of alloy pipe and wernt with stainless instead.
Pipe was free so no big loss
[Image: IMG_20141206_143308.jpg]

Fits nice behind the bumper but this was before trimming, Bumper does not fit at all in this pic
[Image: IMG_20141018_172554.jpg]

Two 12" fan arrived and cr1 immo chip also
[Image: IMG-20141017-WA0006.jpeg]

Some work on the ecu to make it remappable and ditch the immo problem
[Image: IMG_20141017_192323.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20141017_192408.jpg]

Bye Bye fuel shutoff, also no need to use mercedes fitting and leaking o-rings anymore
[Image: IMG-20141007-WA0000.jpg]

Two sets of antiroll bar spacers to clear the sump made up
[Image: IMG_20140919_171102.jpg]

[Image: 20140920_152348.jpg]

[Image: 20140920_152400.jpg]

It sure is a long lump in comparison to a 1g-fe and a 2j normally found in these cars.
[Image: IMG-20140828-WA0000.jpg]

But fits all the same
[Image: IMG_20141209_164808.jpg]

Early pic of sizing where the he351ve is going to sit, space is very tight between shock tower and engine, easily fit a small turbo between is but not this one.
[Image: IMG-20140828-WA0001.jpg]

Some early trimming of bumper, once the end pipes go on this bumper does fit, So just to keep it looking normal for now.
[Image: IMG-20141027-WA0000.jpg]

A great day for any om606/3 owner a Dieselmeken 8mm pump marked for 170cc
[Image: IMG_20150126_145744.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20150126_100403.jpg]

The same day the pump was collected, The t3 turbo and wastegate arrived.
This turbo will be getting a new turbine wheel and genuine bearings, i picked it for it turbine and compressor sizes.
[Image: IMG_20150126_145824.jpg]
A very empty wallet for a few weeks after that day.

Ill get some more pics up soon. Ive driven the car using the 722.6 controller, But no maf or egr so im guessing its in limp, also the map sensor isnt plumbed into the manifold but it starts, drives, steers and stops. Thatll do for now, Next up ecu remap, new radiator with relocat upper hose, and wire in all my sensors to the is200 instrument cluster, This uses a multiplexor system but ill be bypassing that.

muuris
OM605

02-07-2015, 09:46 AM #7
(02-07-2015, 08:10 AM)seanyt Uploading pics to Photobucket right now. Both turbos are sized similar to the ke70 compound and the g-wagon compounds running masterpower turbos . Im hoping that due to the he351ve running lower boost the vanes will be open less to than if it solely was trying to run 2.5 bar boost.

G-wagon switched over for HX50 mfs as LP..

He351V is basically as HX40 super, but He turbine flows a lot less than the commonly used #16 housing in HX. Even though this will be a compound, all the exhaust is still going through the LP. When my ex 606 hit 402hp @ 2,2bar boost on He351V alone, I had vanes full open + wastegate open, still the backpressure kept climbing near 3bar. So in this the turbine wheel will be having less speed (smaller comp PR ratio) but it needs to flow more. The question is, will it? I have my doubts. Don't get me wrong, I hope your build works.

Nice work so far.
muuris
02-07-2015, 09:46 AM #7

(02-07-2015, 08:10 AM)seanyt Uploading pics to Photobucket right now. Both turbos are sized similar to the ke70 compound and the g-wagon compounds running masterpower turbos . Im hoping that due to the he351ve running lower boost the vanes will be open less to than if it solely was trying to run 2.5 bar boost.

G-wagon switched over for HX50 mfs as LP..

He351V is basically as HX40 super, but He turbine flows a lot less than the commonly used #16 housing in HX. Even though this will be a compound, all the exhaust is still going through the LP. When my ex 606 hit 402hp @ 2,2bar boost on He351V alone, I had vanes full open + wastegate open, still the backpressure kept climbing near 3bar. So in this the turbine wheel will be having less speed (smaller comp PR ratio) but it needs to flow more. The question is, will it? I have my doubts. Don't get me wrong, I hope your build works.

Nice work so far.

seanyt
is300d He351ve

02-07-2015, 12:42 PM #8
I hope so to. If not ill change it to something different. I havent seen a dyno of the hx50 LP yet. but the previous turbo power id be happy with.
What size wastegate did you have additional to your he351ve?
I currently have a measured at 40mm and 44mm wastegate these are measure at the ID of the outlet. These i feel are still too small to bypass the HP turbo.

I dont plan on fitting cams or springs yet so 2-2.5 bar boost is my target.
Did you ever consider the 64mm turbine wheel, i havent seen anyone use it yet. and 64mm exducer matches a HX40 Super
seanyt
02-07-2015, 12:42 PM #8

I hope so to. If not ill change it to something different. I havent seen a dyno of the hx50 LP yet. but the previous turbo power id be happy with.
I currently have a measured at 40mm and 44mm wastegate these are measure at the ID of the outlet. These i feel are still too small to bypass the HP turbo.

I dont plan on fitting cams or springs yet so 2-2.5 bar boost is my target.
Did you ever consider the 64mm turbine wheel, i havent seen anyone use it yet. and 64mm exducer matches a HX40 Super

muuris
OM605

02-07-2015, 02:09 PM #9
(02-07-2015, 12:42 PM)seanyt I hope so to. If not ill change it to something different. I havent seen a dyno of the hx50 LP yet. but the previous turbo power id be happy with.

The problem in G was and so far still is high backpressure on high revs.

I also think those wastegates of yours are too small, get as big as you can for HP bypass.

Found some notes I wrote after dyno sessions on He351V/OM606
-38mm wg, 110cc IP setting, 3,5" dp, 3" exhaust, 1,8bar boost, (backpressure not listed), 381hp
-46mm wg, 130cc, stiffer valve springs, electric fuel pump, 2,5bar boost, 3,0bar backpressure, 390hp
-same as previous, 2,4bar boost, 2,8bar backpressure, 396hp
-150cc, full 3,5" exhaust, 2,0bar boost, 2,8bar backpressure, 388hp
-130cc, 2,0bar boost, 2,8bar backpressure, 402hp
-130cc, Master Power MP58R2 turbo, 2,2bar boost, (backpressure not listed), 446hp

More boost isn't always more power Wink The first and last runs were with sensible smoke, in the ones in between the world was black Big Grin
muuris
02-07-2015, 02:09 PM #9

(02-07-2015, 12:42 PM)seanyt I hope so to. If not ill change it to something different. I havent seen a dyno of the hx50 LP yet. but the previous turbo power id be happy with.

The problem in G was and so far still is high backpressure on high revs.

I also think those wastegates of yours are too small, get as big as you can for HP bypass.

Found some notes I wrote after dyno sessions on He351V/OM606
-38mm wg, 110cc IP setting, 3,5" dp, 3" exhaust, 1,8bar boost, (backpressure not listed), 381hp
-46mm wg, 130cc, stiffer valve springs, electric fuel pump, 2,5bar boost, 3,0bar backpressure, 390hp
-same as previous, 2,4bar boost, 2,8bar backpressure, 396hp
-150cc, full 3,5" exhaust, 2,0bar boost, 2,8bar backpressure, 388hp
-130cc, 2,0bar boost, 2,8bar backpressure, 402hp
-130cc, Master Power MP58R2 turbo, 2,2bar boost, (backpressure not listed), 446hp

More boost isn't always more power Wink The first and last runs were with sensible smoke, in the ones in between the world was black Big Grin

seanyt
is300d He351ve

02-07-2015, 02:28 PM #10
Great information, that will help alot.
Im guessing you have a nice flowing manifold.
That other compound g wagon had 5.5 bar back pressure at 3.5 bar boost. Due to the log manifold.

So your 388hp and 402hp runs where with a 46mm external wastegate?

Yeah was kinda annoyed i ordered a 60mm and the fitting on it are 50mm and ID was 40mm.
Im wondering is there even a true 60mm cheap wastegate out there before going tial/hks or turbosmart etc.

What was the MP58R2 like for lag or spoolup in comparison? it puts down a nice number Smile
seanyt
02-07-2015, 02:28 PM #10

Great information, that will help alot.
Im guessing you have a nice flowing manifold.
That other compound g wagon had 5.5 bar back pressure at 3.5 bar boost. Due to the log manifold.

So your 388hp and 402hp runs where with a 46mm external wastegate?

Yeah was kinda annoyed i ordered a 60mm and the fitting on it are 50mm and ID was 40mm.
Im wondering is there even a true 60mm cheap wastegate out there before going tial/hks or turbosmart etc.

What was the MP58R2 like for lag or spoolup in comparison? it puts down a nice number Smile

Sjevsspeed.nl
twincharged

02-07-2015, 02:42 PM #11
i think turbobandit had a reasonably cheap 60mm one
Sjevsspeed.nl
02-07-2015, 02:42 PM #11

i think turbobandit had a reasonably cheap 60mm one

seanyt
is300d He351ve

02-07-2015, 04:28 PM #12
The black wastegate i have looks 100% the same as turbobandit!
I bought it as a 60mm one and there one is listed 60mm but where is the 60mm measured from?

Mine has a 50mm inlet and outlet and narrows to 44mm.
I know the ke70 compound has a 50mm wastegate id be interested to know what the inlet/ outlet sizes actually are.
seanyt
02-07-2015, 04:28 PM #12

The black wastegate i have looks 100% the same as turbobandit!
I bought it as a 60mm one and there one is listed 60mm but where is the 60mm measured from?

I know the ke70 compound has a 50mm wastegate id be interested to know what the inlet/ outlet sizes actually are.

Sjevsspeed.nl
twincharged

02-07-2015, 05:30 PM #13
that would be good info
Sjevsspeed.nl
02-07-2015, 05:30 PM #13

that would be good info

Hario'
C300TD Wagon (W202)

02-09-2015, 06:11 AM #14
Hi mate awesome project, everybody loves the IS200 look, very touring car.

Do you have a drawing for your 606 to Lexus mount adapters?
This post was last modified: 02-09-2015, 06:11 AM by Hario'.

Installed:

OM606/722.6, big IC, W220 brakes.
Planned:
DIY manifold, compound, 722.6 controller, built IP.
[i]Less rust.. 
[/i]
Hario'
02-09-2015, 06:11 AM #14

Hi mate awesome project, everybody loves the IS200 look, very touring car.

Do you have a drawing for your 606 to Lexus mount adapters?

Installed:

Planned:
[i]Less rust.. 
[/i]

seanyt
is300d He351ve

02-09-2015, 08:44 AM #15
Hi yeah I'll pop up some pics of both mounts. Engine is simple. Gearbox is just two brackets. Let me dig em out for you
seanyt
02-09-2015, 08:44 AM #15

Hi yeah I'll pop up some pics of both mounts. Engine is simple. Gearbox is just two brackets. Let me dig em out for you

Hario'
C300TD Wagon (W202)

02-09-2015, 10:08 AM #16
(02-09-2015, 08:44 AM)seanyt Hi yeah I'll pop up some pics of both mounts. Engine is simple. Gearbox is just two brackets. Let me dig em out for you

Sweet mate thanks, any ideas on how you are going to interface with the Lexus instruments?

Beers,
H.

Installed:

Planned:
[i]Less rust.. 
[/i]
Hario'
02-09-2015, 10:08 AM #16

(02-09-2015, 08:44 AM)seanyt Hi yeah I'll pop up some pics of both mounts. Engine is simple. Gearbox is just two brackets. Let me dig em out for you

Sweet mate thanks, any ideas on how you are going to interface with the Lexus instruments?

Beers,
H.

Installed:

Planned:
[i]Less rust.. 
[/i]

seanyt
is300d He351ve

02-09-2015, 01:40 PM #17
Speedo will be wired to abs, rev counter is 1 wire so either alternator tap or tap into the crank sensor with an arduino.

I plan on using an arduino to display egt, boost and egp anyway.

The coolant, oil pressure, oil level, battery light are fed through a multiplexor. So these will be wired seperatly.
seanyt
02-09-2015, 01:40 PM #17

Speedo will be wired to abs, rev counter is 1 wire so either alternator tap or tap into the crank sensor with an arduino.

I plan on using an arduino to display egt, boost and egp anyway.

The coolant, oil pressure, oil level, battery light are fed through a multiplexor. So these will be wired seperatly.

seanyt
is300d He351ve

02-09-2015, 01:42 PM #18
I also plan on using the engine light to display the glowplug light.
seanyt
02-09-2015, 01:42 PM #18

I also plan on using the engine light to display the glowplug light.

erx
w202 om606

02-12-2015, 03:31 AM #19
(02-07-2015, 04:28 PM)seanyt The black wastegate i have looks 100% the same as turbobandit!

Wg size is measured from valve's outer diameter, so if you have 50mm wg and inlet from inside is 44mm then it seems right.
erx
02-12-2015, 03:31 AM #19

(02-07-2015, 04:28 PM)seanyt The black wastegate i have looks 100% the same as turbobandit!

Wg size is measured from valve's outer diameter, so if you have 50mm wg and inlet from inside is 44mm then it seems right.

seanyt
is300d He351ve

02-12-2015, 08:40 AM #20
The Chinese wastegates I have are all measuring smaller than what there marked, the small measurement is from the body inlet and outlet. 

A branded tial or turbosmart body has a 44mm inlet and out or a 60mm inlet and outlet . this is independent to the inlet and outlet flange size. 

So these Chinese wastegates are sized smaller and flow less.  So my "50/60mm" Chinese wastegate flows similar to a 44mm branded.

Look at any branded wastegates website for detailed dimensions and this will tell you the opening dictates the size, not the inlet or outlet flange. 
seanyt
02-12-2015, 08:40 AM #20

The Chinese wastegates I have are all measuring smaller than what there marked, the small measurement is from the body inlet and outlet. 

A branded tial or turbosmart body has a 44mm inlet and out or a 60mm inlet and outlet . this is independent to the inlet and outlet flange size. 

So these Chinese wastegates are sized smaller and flow less.  So my "50/60mm" Chinese wastegate flows similar to a 44mm branded.

Look at any branded wastegates website for detailed dimensions and this will tell you the opening dictates the size, not the inlet or outlet flange. 

seanyt
is300d He351ve

03-05-2015, 04:30 PM #21
Updated the first post
seanyt
03-05-2015, 04:30 PM #21

Updated the first post

MAMG
Naturally-aspirated

03-05-2015, 05:40 PM #22
(03-05-2015, 04:30 PM)seanyt Updated the first post

Hi,

Looks like a very nice and special build. if i understand correctly you are running your engine with stock w210 ecu and electronical injection pump?
Who did the mapping for you? i want my w210 combi also to have 350-400 hp. so if your tuner can also do my ecu would be wonderful.

keep the updates like this coming mate! Big Grin
MAMG
03-05-2015, 05:40 PM #22

(03-05-2015, 04:30 PM)seanyt Updated the first post

Hi,

Looks like a very nice and special build. if i understand correctly you are running your engine with stock w210 ecu and electronical injection pump?
Who did the mapping for you? i want my w210 combi also to have 350-400 hp. so if your tuner can also do my ecu would be wonderful.

keep the updates like this coming mate! Big Grin

seanyt
is300d He351ve

03-05-2015, 07:57 PM #23
Youll need new elements and a 3/4 bar map sensor for your goals. The ecu is not a problem.
seanyt
03-05-2015, 07:57 PM #23

Youll need new elements and a 3/4 bar map sensor for your goals. The ecu is not a problem.

97e300
(its a 98 now)

03-06-2015, 10:50 AM #24
Could your go into detail about the 3/4 bar map?
97e300
03-06-2015, 10:50 AM #24

Could your go into detail about the 3/4 bar map?

Hario'
C300TD Wagon (W202)

03-06-2015, 11:05 AM #25
Awesome Japanese klack klack you have made. Gauges are for rookes anyway!
Any luck with engine - body mount dwgs?
Beers, H.

Installed:

Planned:
[i]Less rust.. 
[/i]
Hario'
03-06-2015, 11:05 AM #25

Awesome Japanese klack klack you have made. Gauges are for rookes anyway!
Any luck with engine - body mount dwgs?
Beers, H.

Installed:

Planned:
[i]Less rust.. 
[/i]

seanyt
is300d He351ve

03-06-2015, 01:36 PM #26
Here is an idea on the gearbox mounts there not exact, One is out by 10mm id have to measure again and update it
But gives you a good idea.
These brackets bolt to the Lexus body and using the e300 gearbox mount and bracket allow everything to bolt up.
[Image: Gearbox%20passenger.jpg]

[Image: Gearbox%20Driverside.jpg]

The engine mounts are even easier, You use the existing engine mounts and existing bushes, Just a little locating down sits into the subframe , I have two spare so will measure them and put up dimensions.

So far ive about 30-40 miles on it and no rubbing, no touching the body and no silly noises.
But it does enjoy spinning wheels in second when turning.
I still have a 3.9 diff so feels potent, but runs out of steam quickly. Stock turbo and fuelling.
But i have set it to run 1.0 bar on the boost controller.
im also getting used to the 722.6 controller and the paddle shifts.
So far im pleased , will be some time before i get the new pump and turbos installed though.
So ill have to be content with it.

The stock e300 c250 map sensor will only see 1.7 bar boost MAX
so its a 2.7 bar map sensor.
If you want to run more boost and more power the ecu needs to see the boost, so a 4/5 bar map sensor
Will allow the ecu to see either 3-4 bar of boost and you can set your fuelling to match this.
Ill be fitting a new map sensor soon and rescaling my fuel tables to match this.
seanyt
03-06-2015, 01:36 PM #26

Here is an idea on the gearbox mounts there not exact, One is out by 10mm id have to measure again and update it
These brackets bolt to the Lexus body and using the e300 gearbox mount and bracket allow everything to bolt up.

The engine mounts are even easier, You use the existing engine mounts and existing bushes, Just a little locating down sits into the subframe , I have two spare so will measure them and put up dimensions.

So far ive about 30-40 miles on it and no rubbing, no touching the body and no silly noises.
I still have a 3.9 diff so feels potent, but runs out of steam quickly. Stock turbo and fuelling.
So far im pleased , will be some time before i get the new pump and turbos installed though.

If you want to run more boost and more power the ecu needs to see the boost, so a 4/5 bar map sensor
Will allow the ecu to see either 3-4 bar of boost and you can set your fuelling to match this.
Ill be fitting a new map sensor soon and rescaling my fuel tables to match this.

MAMG
Naturally-aspirated

03-09-2015, 04:48 PM #27
(03-06-2015, 01:36 PM)seanyt Here is an idea on the gearbox mounts there not exact, One is out by 10mm id have to measure again and update it

how much horsepower you have right now you think? this is sooo tempting. but i also want an olefeyer ecu for the transmission. is your tuner capable of writing in the engine ecu so the ecu thinks that its an manuel transmission? after i come back from work in about three weeks i start to order stuff and send my pump to dieselmeken for bigger elements. 
thanks for your help mate! Smile
MAMG
03-09-2015, 04:48 PM #27

(03-06-2015, 01:36 PM)seanyt Here is an idea on the gearbox mounts there not exact, One is out by 10mm id have to measure again and update it

how much horsepower you have right now you think? this is sooo tempting. but i also want an olefeyer ecu for the transmission. is your tuner capable of writing in the engine ecu so the ecu thinks that its an manuel transmission? after i come back from work in about three weeks i start to order stuff and send my pump to dieselmeken for bigger elements. 
thanks for your help mate! Smile

seanyt
is300d He351ve

03-09-2015, 04:55 PM #28
Right now probably about 200hp.
Im currently using olejefer controller on the stock gearbox but have an e55 amg and c270cdi box "Spare"

It will will have a he351ve and t3 50 trim aiming for 400hp or over.

My ecu currently is runnnig full power and im waiting to get time but i have a new map that will allow it to reve to 6k, I need to turn down the boost and check that out.
Cause the stock turbo is inefficient above 4.5-5k
Then at least i can begin working on my manifold for the new turbos knowing the stock ecu is unlocked.

Starts everytime just with the immo delete, but since the remap. I have more power now
seanyt
03-09-2015, 04:55 PM #28

Right now probably about 200hp.
Im currently using olejefer controller on the stock gearbox but have an e55 amg and c270cdi box "Spare"

It will will have a he351ve and t3 50 trim aiming for 400hp or over.

My ecu currently is runnnig full power and im waiting to get time but i have a new map that will allow it to reve to 6k, I need to turn down the boost and check that out.
Cause the stock turbo is inefficient above 4.5-5k
Then at least i can begin working on my manifold for the new turbos knowing the stock ecu is unlocked.

Starts everytime just with the immo delete, but since the remap. I have more power now

MAMG
Naturally-aspirated

03-09-2015, 05:10 PM #29
oke, so two boxes spare haha Wink
how big are your elements in your pump?
and who does the ecu tuning for you?

i'm curious if he can make my engine ecu think that there is no gearbox or an manuel transmission, so that i can also run an olefeyer ecu.
do you understand what i mean with my spooky english? Big Grin
MAMG
03-09-2015, 05:10 PM #29

oke, so two boxes spare haha Wink
how big are your elements in your pump?
and who does the ecu tuning for you?

i'm curious if he can make my engine ecu think that there is no gearbox or an manuel transmission, so that i can also run an olefeyer ecu.
do you understand what i mean with my spooky english? Big Grin

seanyt
is300d He351ve

03-09-2015, 06:09 PM #30
Once he knows what code the ecu gives out with the tcu disconnected im sure he can.
He has mine running without being connected to anything.

My stock pump is 6mm elements and my new one is 8mm.
Will be a while before i fit the new pump and turbos but looking forward to it.
The company is TDR.ie
seanyt
03-09-2015, 06:09 PM #30

Once he knows what code the ecu gives out with the tcu disconnected im sure he can.
He has mine running without being connected to anything.

My stock pump is 6mm elements and my new one is 8mm.
Will be a while before i fit the new pump and turbos but looking forward to it.
The company is TDR.ie

seanyt
is300d He351ve

03-05-2016, 01:21 PM #31
Well its been an eternity since I posted so here goes since my last post.

New HSD GS300 coilovers (better spring rates and damping)
Modified subframe for an LS430 Diff 3.26 now stock was 3.9 and a weak diff with all solid diff mounts
[Image: 11703205_10206827065264868_7020504248684376053_n.jpg]

LS430 4 pot calipers with 335mm discs and custom brackets.
[Image: 11892178_10207060179132569_3093230272717451354_n.jpg]

New recliner bucket seat.

Custom stainless steel manifold. 
[Image: 11722174_10206827058184691_6858504964316394680_o.jpg]

He351ve fitted.
8mm dieselmeken pump fitted.
New modified alloy radiator.
[Image: 11902518_10207060178772560_2812703996801114033_n.jpg]

Complete new 3" exhaust with 4" downpipe. All heat wrapped.

Completely rebuilt E55 722.6 gearbox and reconditioned torque converter.
This post was last modified: 03-06-2016, 04:39 AM by seanyt.
seanyt
03-05-2016, 01:21 PM #31

Well its been an eternity since I posted so here goes since my last post.

New HSD GS300 coilovers (better spring rates and damping)
Modified subframe for an LS430 Diff 3.26 now stock was 3.9 and a weak diff with all solid diff mounts
[Image: 11703205_10206827065264868_7020504248684376053_n.jpg]

LS430 4 pot calipers with 335mm discs and custom brackets.
[Image: 11892178_10207060179132569_3093230272717451354_n.jpg]

New recliner bucket seat.

Custom stainless steel manifold. 
[Image: 11722174_10206827058184691_6858504964316394680_o.jpg]

He351ve fitted.
8mm dieselmeken pump fitted.
New modified alloy radiator.
[Image: 11902518_10207060178772560_2812703996801114033_n.jpg]

Complete new 3" exhaust with 4" downpipe. All heat wrapped.

Completely rebuilt E55 722.6 gearbox and reconditioned torque converter.

seanyt
is300d He351ve

03-05-2016, 01:26 PM #32
Left to do. 
Weld 1/4 compression fittings for egt and exhaust pressure.
Using 75psia for inlet and 100psi for egp then programme arduino for turbo control with canbus.
Also using canbus will be the tacho signal from the edc to feed my clocks. 

Lexus clocks are multiplexor so can't drive the coolant or mpg gauge. They will be replaced with small digital gauges.

Remapped the ecu with no torque limiters and feels very nice, probably just under 300hp I reckon for now.
Will make changes once I get turbo controlled and confirm an 8mm edc ecu map. 

Some ecus remapped with immobilisers removed for other C250td and E300td with egr removed stage 1 tunes 180hp and 210hp.
[Image: IMG_20160301_195858.jpg]

My own ecu is running about 300hp at present but 400hp soon.
This post was last modified: 03-06-2016, 04:42 AM by seanyt.
seanyt
03-05-2016, 01:26 PM #32

Left to do. 
Weld 1/4 compression fittings for egt and exhaust pressure.
Using 75psia for inlet and 100psi for egp then programme arduino for turbo control with canbus.
Also using canbus will be the tacho signal from the edc to feed my clocks. 

Lexus clocks are multiplexor so can't drive the coolant or mpg gauge. They will be replaced with small digital gauges.

Remapped the ecu with no torque limiters and feels very nice, probably just under 300hp I reckon for now.
Will make changes once I get turbo controlled and confirm an 8mm edc ecu map. 

Some ecus remapped with immobilisers removed for other C250td and E300td with egr removed stage 1 tunes 180hp and 210hp.
[Image: IMG_20160301_195858.jpg]

My own ecu is running about 300hp at present but 400hp soon.

baldur
Fast

03-08-2016, 02:53 PM #33
What are those daughterboards with dual oscillator crystals on them? Immobiliser bypass?

Baldur Gislason

baldur
03-08-2016, 02:53 PM #33

What are those daughterboards with dual oscillator crystals on them? Immobiliser bypass?

Baldur Gislason

seanyt
is300d He351ve

03-08-2016, 03:18 PM #34
yeah immo bypass, so the ecu can be fitted to any car, althought one is having problems with eis system on facelift models im looking into.
seanyt
03-08-2016, 03:18 PM #34

yeah immo bypass, so the ecu can be fitted to any car, althought one is having problems with eis system on facelift models im looking into.

KollesoBrothers
Unregistered

07-21-2017, 09:37 PM #35
Hi, CR1 works with ECU from W210 97-99 with EIS? Or require mode immo chip another model in ECU
KollesoBrothers
07-21-2017, 09:37 PM #35

Hi, CR1 works with ECU from W210 97-99 with EIS? Or require mode immo chip another model in ECU

seanyt
is300d He351ve

07-24-2017, 02:49 PM #36
cr1 does all year w210 om606
seanyt
07-24-2017, 02:49 PM #36

cr1 does all year w210 om606

bigblue
mostly legal

08-09-2017, 10:14 PM #37
Haven't heard much lately. how has this car been? Is it your daily driver? This a build I'm considering as well, or a w202

1999 w210 e300
2006 w211 e320 cdi
2003 VW jetta ALH
2004 VW r32 PD150
bigblue
08-09-2017, 10:14 PM #37

Haven't heard much lately. how has this car been? Is it your daily driver? This a build I'm considering as well, or a w202

1999 w210 e300
2006 w211 e320 cdi
2003 VW jetta ALH
2004 VW r32 PD150

seanyt
is300d He351ve

08-10-2017, 02:09 PM #38
Car got remapped with a 3bar map sensor, then i rebuilt the he351ve with a 67/70 10 blade turbine wheel and billet 60mm compressor wheel to run 2.4bar boost
over the stock he351ve running 1.9-2.0bar boost

Ditched the rebuilt e55 amg box due to constant faults and went with a 6 speed manual with solid flywheel and sachs 765 PP.
upgraded all the brakes to ls460 calipers and discs all round and fitted hotchkis sway bars.

Drove it for a while and had some fun but was never happy with the cars handling. so in July i stripped the whole car and sold the engine,gearbox,turbo,8mm pump, ecu and loom.
Then the rest of the parts to Lexus guys.

Currently driving an is220d now and planning my next diesel swap for it.
seanyt
08-10-2017, 02:09 PM #38

Car got remapped with a 3bar map sensor, then i rebuilt the he351ve with a 67/70 10 blade turbine wheel and billet 60mm compressor wheel to run 2.4bar boost

Ditched the rebuilt e55 amg box due to constant faults and went with a 6 speed manual with solid flywheel and sachs 765 PP.
upgraded all the brakes to ls460 calipers and discs all round and fitted hotchkis sway bars.

Drove it for a while and had some fun but was never happy with the cars handling. so in July i stripped the whole car and sold the engine,gearbox,turbo,8mm pump, ecu and loom.

Turbo
Holset

08-12-2017, 11:47 AM #39
exactly what did you not like with the cars handling?
Turbo
08-12-2017, 11:47 AM #39

exactly what did you not like with the cars handling?

seanyt
is300d He351ve

08-12-2017, 02:56 PM #40
I felt the engine sat far forward. It was very keen to oversteer.
I had the battery in the back, raised the front and lowered the back to help with handling. But there a light car on the rear.
The newer model has more rear weight and handles far better.
seanyt
08-12-2017, 02:56 PM #40

I felt the engine sat far forward. It was very keen to oversteer.
I had the battery in the back, raised the front and lowered the back to help with handling. But there a light car on the rear.

atypicalguy
Holset

08-12-2017, 06:00 PM #41
(08-12-2017, 02:56 PM)seanyt I felt the engine sat far forward. It was very keen to oversteer.

The motor has to be considerably heavier than the lump that came out of the car. So the weight distribution is going to be significantly different no matter what.

The ke70 toyota corolla seemed to have issues also, judging from the few in car vids on youtube. It got really squirrely on corner exits under acceleration. Seemed not to have enough weight back there. Similar to what you describe. Difficult to drive quickly. Once it started fishtailing, it was game over.
atypicalguy
08-12-2017, 06:00 PM #41

(08-12-2017, 02:56 PM)seanyt I felt the engine sat far forward. It was very keen to oversteer.

The motor has to be considerably heavier than the lump that came out of the car. So the weight distribution is going to be significantly different no matter what.

The ke70 toyota corolla seemed to have issues also, judging from the few in car vids on youtube. It got really squirrely on corner exits under acceleration. Seemed not to have enough weight back there. Similar to what you describe. Difficult to drive quickly. Once it started fishtailing, it was game over.

gn3dr
Naturally-aspirated

08-17-2017, 12:59 PM #42
(08-10-2017, 02:09 PM)seanyt Car got remapped with a 3bar map sensor, then i rebuilt the he351ve with a 67/70 10 blade turbine wheel and billet 60mm compressor wheel to run 2.4bar boost

Did you sell the gearbox controller also?
gn3dr
08-17-2017, 12:59 PM #42

(08-10-2017, 02:09 PM)seanyt Car got remapped with a 3bar map sensor, then i rebuilt the he351ve with a 67/70 10 blade turbine wheel and billet 60mm compressor wheel to run 2.4bar boost

Did you sell the gearbox controller also?

seanyt
is300d He351ve

08-17-2017, 03:12 PM #43
gearbox controller was sold with the amg box as a kit over a year ago.
Im working on a kit that allows the stock edc and stock tcu to work in swaps.
This post was last modified: 08-17-2017, 03:20 PM by seanyt.
seanyt
08-17-2017, 03:12 PM #43

gearbox controller was sold with the amg box as a kit over a year ago.

gn3dr
Naturally-aspirated

08-20-2017, 02:34 AM #44
(08-17-2017, 03:12 PM)seanyt gearbox controller was sold with the amg box as a kit over a year ago.

Sounds interesting.
gn3dr
08-20-2017, 02:34 AM #44

(08-17-2017, 03:12 PM)seanyt gearbox controller was sold with the amg box as a kit over a year ago.

Sounds interesting.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average