STD Tuning Engine Nailing when warm at idle...

Nailing when warm at idle...

Nailing when warm at idle...

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

mario
TA 0301

02-01-2015, 12:55 PM #1
Well I have an om605 running the electric diesel pump and I seem to have a problem. When I start the engine cold it starts perfect and idles perfect and is nice and quiet. This changes as the engine gets warm and gets noisier as it gets to full working temp.
If I put the car in drive when warm it goes nice and quiet but gets nailey as soon as it goes to nuetral. Now the injectors were calibrated over a 1k miles ago and there is a leak from the delivery valves as the seals are been done during the week.
My question is would delivery valves leaking cause this type of problem or should I be getting anything else checked out at the same time.
mario
02-01-2015, 12:55 PM #1

Well I have an om605 running the electric diesel pump and I seem to have a problem. When I start the engine cold it starts perfect and idles perfect and is nice and quiet. This changes as the engine gets warm and gets noisier as it gets to full working temp.
If I put the car in drive when warm it goes nice and quiet but gets nailey as soon as it goes to nuetral. Now the injectors were calibrated over a 1k miles ago and there is a leak from the delivery valves as the seals are been done during the week.
My question is would delivery valves leaking cause this type of problem or should I be getting anything else checked out at the same time.

mario
TA 0301

02-02-2015, 02:37 PM #2
Well the seals and copper washers are done and the nailing is a bit better but it is a different frequency and sound so hopefully it goes quiet after a bit. Will start the car tomorrow and check as I ran a load of cleaner through it and she let out a nice bit of smoke
mario
02-02-2015, 02:37 PM #2

Well the seals and copper washers are done and the nailing is a bit better but it is a different frequency and sound so hopefully it goes quiet after a bit. Will start the car tomorrow and check as I ran a load of cleaner through it and she let out a nice bit of smoke

barrote
Superturbo

02-02-2015, 03:00 PM #3
check injector tq, since they were out, sometimes people use the heat shield washer in the wrong position. Wink. when the injectors are touched it ratles a bit , after it disapears.
regards.

FD,