STD Tuning Engine Injector pump lever not free

Injector pump lever not free

Injector pump lever not free

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

stig
K26-2

01-22-2015, 06:12 AM #1
Hi to you diesel guys

I have a 124 300D OM606, the car has a very stiff accel. pedal from over half way down. I've checked all linkages and cables, they're good. I have disconnected the injector pump linkage and when you push it simulating pushing the pedal, it moves nicely as it should then feels like it hits an internal spring/diaphragm, it will move to full throttle stop but is much harder to push, which is where the stiff pedal is coming from. Does anyone know what it could be hitting inside the pump? It is not the vacuum regulator for the auto, I have removed this for trouble shooting. It feels like and sounds like it may be hitting the idle control electric unit on the back of the pump, could this be so? The car does also have a small issue when returning to idle as it 'hunts' a little before settling into a smooth idle. Any suggestions? What could be obstructing inside? Thanks all.
stig
01-22-2015, 06:12 AM #1

Hi to you diesel guys

I have a 124 300D OM606, the car has a very stiff accel. pedal from over half way down. I've checked all linkages and cables, they're good. I have disconnected the injector pump linkage and when you push it simulating pushing the pedal, it moves nicely as it should then feels like it hits an internal spring/diaphragm, it will move to full throttle stop but is much harder to push, which is where the stiff pedal is coming from. Does anyone know what it could be hitting inside the pump? It is not the vacuum regulator for the auto, I have removed this for trouble shooting. It feels like and sounds like it may be hitting the idle control electric unit on the back of the pump, could this be so? The car does also have a small issue when returning to idle as it 'hunts' a little before settling into a smooth idle. Any suggestions? What could be obstructing inside? Thanks all.

barrote
Superturbo

01-22-2015, 06:33 AM #2
Probably is just the EGR system , in the other side of the pump u have EGR switch and other vacumm switches. take it out and u should have correct operation.
hunting idle , is probably air leak into the fuel suply . check and replace all O rings at filter and lift pump as so the ones in fuel heater, and the hunting should disapear.
good luck

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
01-22-2015, 06:33 AM #2

Probably is just the EGR system , in the other side of the pump u have EGR switch and other vacumm switches. take it out and u should have correct operation.
hunting idle , is probably air leak into the fuel suply . check and replace all O rings at filter and lift pump as so the ones in fuel heater, and the hunting should disapear.
good luck

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

stig
K26-2

01-22-2015, 06:51 AM #3
Hi, thanks. I have removed the vacuum unit for auto and egr switch from other side, so it's not that. Definitely no air in the system. The hunting is a minor problem compared to the other, which is what I really need to fix. Any other ideas?
stig
01-22-2015, 06:51 AM #3

Hi, thanks. I have removed the vacuum unit for auto and egr switch from other side, so it's not that. Definitely no air in the system. The hunting is a minor problem compared to the other, which is what I really need to fix. Any other ideas?

stig
K26-2

01-23-2015, 03:41 AM #4
Feels just like it's coming up against a diaphragm, any clues?
stig
01-23-2015, 03:41 AM #4

Feels just like it's coming up against a diaphragm, any clues?

stig
K26-2

01-25-2015, 03:53 AM #5
Any one any idea?
stig
01-25-2015, 03:53 AM #5

Any one any idea?

EvoPeter
GT2256V

01-25-2015, 02:30 PM #6
I think you have to open the back cover and check with a mirror och remove the pump and check.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mercedes 190 -92, om605 Stroker 2.75L, Dieselmeken 7,5mm (160cc) EDC with Baldur DSL1 ECU, Garrett GTX3576R A/R 1.06 without WG, SMF, 716.661 (SG-S370/6) Gearbox
EvoPeter
01-25-2015, 02:30 PM #6

I think you have to open the back cover and check with a mirror och remove the pump and check.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mercedes 190 -92, om605 Stroker 2.75L, Dieselmeken 7,5mm (160cc) EDC with Baldur DSL1 ECU, Garrett GTX3576R A/R 1.06 without WG, SMF, 716.661 (SG-S370/6) Gearbox

stig
K26-2

01-25-2015, 04:37 PM #7
I think you're right. I'll report back.
stig
01-25-2015, 04:37 PM #7

I think you're right. I'll report back.

barrote
Superturbo

01-26-2015, 04:55 AM #8
i did some reserch and foud out a pump with the elements stuck, reason is i belive the fellow had used VEG oil.
only 2 of 5 where stuck, delivery valves where stuck as well, but that does not interfere with the thotle lever.
if that pump had run with veg oil, maybe stuck. or maybe someone had removed the throtle linkage stop, causing the lever to go against a spring inside, or a small problem with the stop capsule.
anyhow if it works more less correctly use it , soon soon the problem if there are one will come to light.
"dont open the pump" unless u know what u´re after , that is like "clocksmithing" dont remove DV holders , it will leak after.
regards

FD,