STD Tuning Engine Timing + Element change

Timing + Element change

Timing + Element change

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRDefender
Naturally-aspirated

01-18-2015, 02:08 PM #1
Thank you to everyone for answering my questions so far, I have a couple more queries I'm afraid.

1. When fitting an OM603 mechanical pump to my OM606 engine how do I set the timing? Are there any good guides that I can work from?

2. If I was to get a local company to fit the upgraded elements to the pump what details will they need to know in order to calibrate it correctly? Is this information available somewhere?

Many thanks,
LRDefender
01-18-2015, 02:08 PM #1

Thank you to everyone for answering my questions so far, I have a couple more queries I'm afraid.

1. When fitting an OM603 mechanical pump to my OM606 engine how do I set the timing? Are there any good guides that I can work from?

2. If I was to get a local company to fit the upgraded elements to the pump what details will they need to know in order to calibrate it correctly? Is this information available somewhere?

Many thanks,

mantahead
Holset

01-18-2015, 02:42 PM #2
timing will depend on the retard notch on the elements, send the pump to Dieselmeken=job done

don't take this the wrong way, just a little advice.

i have pms from more people,( i have got some guy to fit elements, now he wants more money etc, pump is not working correctly etc,etc...)
they have spent the money they thought they were saving and still don't have a good pump.
mantahead
01-18-2015, 02:42 PM #2

timing will depend on the retard notch on the elements, send the pump to Dieselmeken=job done

don't take this the wrong way, just a little advice.

i have pms from more people,( i have got some guy to fit elements, now he wants more money etc, pump is not working correctly etc,etc...)
they have spent the money they thought they were saving and still don't have a good pump.

barrote
Superturbo

01-18-2015, 04:37 PM #3
(01-18-2015, 02:08 PM)LRDefender Thank you to everyone for answering my questions so far, I have a couple more queries I'm afraid.

Many thanks,

Hy there ,
the engine timing has a lot to do with what type of tune u want. in the 605/6 the better is use the MB special tool for timing.
remember there is the fiting tool (just for instalation of IP) , and timing tool. MB says 14 to 16º, mine is runing at 18.5. it takes 2 min to change the timing so is easy to set your tune.

i agree with mantahead, the element swap is a tricky thing. it depend a lot on knowing what u want.
na ex: if your engine is able of burning 100cc(wich is almost 3 times what a 603 TD uses) u should ask the shop to set 100cc with alda at full boost. ask him how much is delivered with alda 0 boost, it should be around 70cc.
After u have the idle issue!!! sometines the engine does not want to come back to idle, or the idle is unstable, or the engine stall just of turning the steering whell. the shop must be sure it deals with the idle issue. it may be necessary to install the pump in bench again.
after u have the max idle issue, wich can´t be changed without changing some springs inside. very few diesel shops are able to modify max idle.
and after there is the element type u have, 6mm bosch is able to 100cc but in my opinion injection takes too long. in future i´ll work with the 7.5 ones.

It looks like dieselmeken does all this at your pump, so why not?
regards.

FD,