STD Other Non MBZ Diesel throwing up a ball here

throwing up a ball here

throwing up a ball here

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Edian727
Dreams of 8mm 617

01-22-2015, 12:54 PM #4
It has to be. for a 4-stroke engine to work the cams must turn at half the speed of the crank, and your source of ignition(injector pump in this case) has to turn at the same speed as the cam's. if either turn at more or less then that speed you will go out of time.(I'm talking about cam and IP timing) and wont run until its rotated back to the right time, and then of course it'll just rotate back out of time again. it's the same for any 4-stroke engine.

i wouldn't go off these pictures for accurate size. its just a diagram and Ive found that many diagrams do not have accurate sizes. I had to replace PTO clutches on a ford 7600. there was a pin that held a part in place. the diagram should the bolt that was the pin but not accurately. in the diagram it was just a bolt. in reality it was a bolt with a long pin off that end. took a couple hours to figure out what was going on. since then diagrams have been guides and nothing else.
Edian727
01-22-2015, 12:54 PM #4

It has to be. for a 4-stroke engine to work the cams must turn at half the speed of the crank, and your source of ignition(injector pump in this case) has to turn at the same speed as the cam's. if either turn at more or less then that speed you will go out of time.(I'm talking about cam and IP timing) and wont run until its rotated back to the right time, and then of course it'll just rotate back out of time again. it's the same for any 4-stroke engine.

i wouldn't go off these pictures for accurate size. its just a diagram and Ive found that many diagrams do not have accurate sizes. I had to replace PTO clutches on a ford 7600. there was a pin that held a part in place. the diagram should the bolt that was the pin but not accurately. in the diagram it was just a bolt. in reality it was a bolt with a long pin off that end. took a couple hours to figure out what was going on. since then diagrams have been guides and nothing else.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Messages In This Thread
throwing up a ball here - by rolfts - 01-14-2015, 09:34 AM
RE: throwing up a ball here - by Edian727 - 01-21-2015, 09:51 PM
RE: throwing up a ball here - by rolfts - 01-22-2015, 04:35 AM
RE: throwing up a ball here - by Edian727 - 01-22-2015, 12:54 PM
RE: throwing up a ball here - by rolfts - 01-22-2015, 02:41 PM
RE: throwing up a ball here - by Edian727 - 01-23-2015, 08:44 AM