STD Tuning Engine 300SDL turbo upgrade to 350SD

300SDL turbo upgrade to 350SD

300SDL turbo upgrade to 350SD

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

natew
Unregistered

12-08-2014, 05:54 PM #1
I need to get a new turbo so I'm going to get the 350SD turbo and exhaust manifold. I'm going to have James @ Performance Techniques rebuild and put a 60 trim in it.

Will this setup work with my stock 300SDL injection pump and not frag the engine? I have not modified it. I did remove the alda, egr, and smog stuff under the airbox. I know without the alda I have no overboost protection. I'm more concerned about running too lean.
natew
12-08-2014, 05:54 PM #1

I need to get a new turbo so I'm going to get the 350SD turbo and exhaust manifold. I'm going to have James @ Performance Techniques rebuild and put a 60 trim in it.

Will this setup work with my stock 300SDL injection pump and not frag the engine? I have not modified it. I did remove the alda, egr, and smog stuff under the airbox. I know without the alda I have no overboost protection. I'm more concerned about running too lean.

Petar
7.5mm M pump

12-09-2014, 05:52 AM #2
(12-08-2014, 05:54 PM)natew I need to get a new turbo so I'm going to get the 350SD turbo and exhaust manifold. I'm going to have James @ Performance Techniques rebuild and put a 60 trim in it.
Will this setup work with my stock 300SDL injection pump and not frag the engine?
Yes, it can't harm the engine. Although it may have a bit more turbo lag.

Quote: I have not modified it. I did remove the alda, egr, and smog stuff under the airbox. I know without the alda I have no overboost protection. I'm more concerned about running too lean.
First things first FORGET everything you know about gassers and their air fuel ratios.
Diesels just don't work that way.
Diesels ALWAYS run lean. Air intake is not throttled. The engine always takes maximum air. Diesels usually run at lambda=18 or leaner at full power and much leaner at part throttle.
Basically how a diesel EGTs work is:
More fuel for the same air --> higher EGTs
Less fuel for the same air --> lower EGTs

If you install a bigger turbo and add more boost you won't raise the power unless you also increase the fueling.
Petar
12-09-2014, 05:52 AM #2

(12-08-2014, 05:54 PM)natew I need to get a new turbo so I'm going to get the 350SD turbo and exhaust manifold. I'm going to have James @ Performance Techniques rebuild and put a 60 trim in it.
Will this setup work with my stock 300SDL injection pump and not frag the engine?
Yes, it can't harm the engine. Although it may have a bit more turbo lag.

Quote: I have not modified it. I did remove the alda, egr, and smog stuff under the airbox. I know without the alda I have no overboost protection. I'm more concerned about running too lean.
First things first FORGET everything you know about gassers and their air fuel ratios.
Diesels just don't work that way.
Diesels ALWAYS run lean. Air intake is not throttled. The engine always takes maximum air. Diesels usually run at lambda=18 or leaner at full power and much leaner at part throttle.
Basically how a diesel EGTs work is:
More fuel for the same air --> higher EGTs
Less fuel for the same air --> lower EGTs

If you install a bigger turbo and add more boost you won't raise the power unless you also increase the fueling.

ccrelan
Naturally-aspirated

12-13-2014, 03:38 PM #3
My friend is selling a 3.5 turbo manifold and turbo on ebay now
ccrelan
12-13-2014, 03:38 PM #3

My friend is selling a 3.5 turbo manifold and turbo on ebay now

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average