STD Maintenance General pre swap maitenence

pre swap maitenence

pre swap maitenence

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

kvltivater
Unregistered

12-02-2014, 01:13 PM #1
I recently purchased an om617.951 to swap into a a 4runner, and i was wondering what kind of maintenance i should do to it while I have it out on the stand. anything i can look for that would indicate it would be best to just do a full rebuild? Engine was pulled from a wreck and was suposedly running fine before according to the seller.
My main concern with the engine is heat, I have a friend with the same swap into the same chasis and he says that he has some minor overheating issues on really big grades, and I'd like to prevent that as much as possible.
thanks for any help
kvltivater
12-02-2014, 01:13 PM #1

I recently purchased an om617.951 to swap into a a 4runner, and i was wondering what kind of maintenance i should do to it while I have it out on the stand. anything i can look for that would indicate it would be best to just do a full rebuild? Engine was pulled from a wreck and was suposedly running fine before according to the seller.
My main concern with the engine is heat, I have a friend with the same swap into the same chasis and he says that he has some minor overheating issues on really big grades, and I'd like to prevent that as much as possible.
thanks for any help

MFSuper90
Budget Builder

12-02-2014, 06:03 PM #2
A compression check will tell you if you need a major overhaul.

'82 300D -3" straight pipe, ALDA deleted, 3in1 glowshift gauge, HX30, egr-less manifold, A/W intercooler Big Grin
'14 Ram 6.7l cummins -G56 handshaker, wishing it was deleted         
MFSuper90
12-02-2014, 06:03 PM #2

A compression check will tell you if you need a major overhaul.

'82 300D -3" straight pipe, ALDA deleted, 3in1 glowshift gauge, HX30, egr-less manifold, A/W intercooler Big Grin
'14 Ram 6.7l cummins -G56 handshaker, wishing it was deleted         

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average