STD Tuning Drivetrain Early Shifting and Sticky Throttle.. Bowden Cable???

Early Shifting and Sticky Throttle.. Bowden Cable???

Early Shifting and Sticky Throttle.. Bowden Cable???

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ekstra
Naturally-aspirated

08-16-2014, 09:59 PM #1
I have recently been having troubles with my transmission. I own a 1993 2.5 turbo 300d and i have recently been getting extremely early shifts. all of the shifts are under 2000rpm. This recently started happening after i did some hard acceleration runs on the highway. When i shift my box into the "2" position it revs normally past the 2000rpms. the same goes for the "3" position. The abnormally early and slow shifting happens only when the vehicle is in the "D" position. Also i have been getting hard rear end clunks every time i downshift but this problem was going on before the early shifting problem occurred. As a side note my throttle has begun to stick at the very end of its depression. I would find myself tapping it to release it from the stuck position. This never happened before the incident with the early shifting. Some of the problems that i may have in mind are the bowden cable, and/or the governor in the 722.4 is faulty/popped out... Please if any one can help me i would be forever gratefulSmile
Ekstra
08-16-2014, 09:59 PM #1

I have recently been having troubles with my transmission. I own a 1993 2.5 turbo 300d and i have recently been getting extremely early shifts. all of the shifts are under 2000rpm. This recently started happening after i did some hard acceleration runs on the highway. When i shift my box into the "2" position it revs normally past the 2000rpms. the same goes for the "3" position. The abnormally early and slow shifting happens only when the vehicle is in the "D" position. Also i have been getting hard rear end clunks every time i downshift but this problem was going on before the early shifting problem occurred. As a side note my throttle has begun to stick at the very end of its depression. I would find myself tapping it to release it from the stuck position. This never happened before the incident with the early shifting. Some of the problems that i may have in mind are the bowden cable, and/or the governor in the 722.4 is faulty/popped out... Please if any one can help me i would be forever gratefulSmile

Ekstra
Naturally-aspirated

08-17-2014, 06:56 PM #2
I have found the culprit of the early/irregular shifting sequence of my 1993 300D..Exclamation At first i wanted someones opinion since I'm still pretty new to these engines and automobiles.. I was scared to tinker and in the process screw something up. Either way today opened up the hood today to do a bit of visual scanning. The culprit was the ball joint on the throttle linkage that connects the throttle cable to the bowden cable for the transmission. The ball joint that controlled the bowden cable tension snapped. Unfortunately the previous owner didn't want to invest any money into getting a new ball joint so he epoxied/glued the ball joint together beforeConfused. I'm guessing at high temperatures and the adjoined stress that I was adding during the hard acceleration made the glue give. Smile Well anyways it seems like an easy fix. And I'm happy that i didnt have to take it to a mechanic! Cool I will attach some images for those who are visual learners!Rolleyes [Image: XJewGZ8.jpg][Image: 8Lwmsbj.jpg][Image: 1GQqxHZ.jpg][Image: kFoIEFy.jpg]
Ekstra
08-17-2014, 06:56 PM #2

I have found the culprit of the early/irregular shifting sequence of my 1993 300D..Exclamation At first i wanted someones opinion since I'm still pretty new to these engines and automobiles.. I was scared to tinker and in the process screw something up. Either way today opened up the hood today to do a bit of visual scanning. The culprit was the ball joint on the throttle linkage that connects the throttle cable to the bowden cable for the transmission. The ball joint that controlled the bowden cable tension snapped. Unfortunately the previous owner didn't want to invest any money into getting a new ball joint so he epoxied/glued the ball joint together beforeConfused. I'm guessing at high temperatures and the adjoined stress that I was adding during the hard acceleration made the glue give. Smile Well anyways it seems like an easy fix. And I'm happy that i didnt have to take it to a mechanic! Cool I will attach some images for those who are visual learners!Rolleyes [Image: XJewGZ8.jpg][Image: 8Lwmsbj.jpg][Image: 1GQqxHZ.jpg][Image: kFoIEFy.jpg]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average