STD Maintenance General Better customer service

Better customer service

Better customer service

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

08-06-2014, 02:01 PM #1
Install a call recorder on your phone. Or use a splitter and a tape deck.
You need to inform the other party you're rolling tape. Wire tapping laws will lock you up good, and call centers cross state lines.

"Hi this is Simpler=Better, before we get started I need to let you know this call is being recorded"

After that it's been super speedy, right to the point, get stuff done. No BS, no selling me shit, no misdirection. "Your problem is because of XYZ, you need to talk to so-n-so department, let me transfer you."
0:00 hold time, other department answers, I reinform of recording, and they fix the problem in under 2 minutes.

Not to mention, I don't have to be taking notes during the call since I can go back and review it easy-peasy.

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?
Simpler=Better
08-06-2014, 02:01 PM #1

Install a call recorder on your phone. Or use a splitter and a tape deck.
You need to inform the other party you're rolling tape. Wire tapping laws will lock you up good, and call centers cross state lines.

"Hi this is Simpler=Better, before we get started I need to let you know this call is being recorded"

After that it's been super speedy, right to the point, get stuff done. No BS, no selling me shit, no misdirection. "Your problem is because of XYZ, you need to talk to so-n-so department, let me transfer you."
0:00 hold time, other department answers, I reinform of recording, and they fix the problem in under 2 minutes.

Not to mention, I don't have to be taking notes during the call since I can go back and review it easy-peasy.

larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?

MFSuper90
Budget Builder

08-06-2014, 09:35 PM #2
Simpler, what in heck are you talking about??

'82 300D -3" straight pipe, ALDA deleted, 3in1 glowshift gauge, HX30, egr-less manifold, A/W intercooler Big Grin
'14 Ram 6.7l cummins -G56 handshaker, wishing it was deleted         
MFSuper90
08-06-2014, 09:35 PM #2

Simpler, what in heck are you talking about??

'82 300D -3" straight pipe, ALDA deleted, 3in1 glowshift gauge, HX30, egr-less manifold, A/W intercooler Big Grin
'14 Ram 6.7l cummins -G56 handshaker, wishing it was deleted         

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

08-07-2014, 08:27 AM #3
First things first, on the phone I'm always cordial and polite. Screaming at call center minions NEVER gets you anything.

Scenario 1:
-I call up insurance/comcast/warranty people/ any other phone-based pain in the ass support line
-The guy I talk to usually has no clue what's going on, gives me the runaround, doesn't fix my problem, and tries to sell me extra shit that I don't want.
-After getting bullshit transfereed to another department, and put on hold for like 30 minutes, they finally pick up
-Proceed to give me the runaround
-Maybe solve my problem after a good half hour of bullshit back and forth
-Typically 45mins-4hours spent fucking around with assholes on the phone who keep transferring me with long waits between transfers.

Scenario 2:
-I call whatever call center place I need to get my issue fixed.
-I fire up my call recorder. The conversation is now being saved as an audio file (or onto a casette for the old folks)
-When the answers, I open with the "Hi this is me, this call is being recorded line"
-Now that the minion know's they're being recorded, that I'm not fucking around, and that whatever bullshit the feed me is now a top story for the local news team if they treat me like shit. See recent comcast call that was leaked in the news for a good example.
-The call proceeds with no bullshit, fast and to the point. If I'm transferred to another department, I get first priority-no bullshit put-on-elevator-music for 20 minutes in between operators.
-I actually get my issue fixed, in record time with no extra headaches.

You can get free smartphone call recorder apps online. Or a headphone splitter and a tape deck cheap at thrift stores.

You have to tell them upfront that you're recording, some states will send you to prison for "wire tapping" if you record your phone calls without informing hte other party.
This post was last modified: 08-07-2014, 08:28 AM by Simpler=Better.

Simpler=Better
08-07-2014, 08:27 AM #3

First things first, on the phone I'm always cordial and polite. Screaming at call center minions NEVER gets you anything.

Scenario 1:
-I call up insurance/comcast/warranty people/ any other phone-based pain in the ass support line
-The guy I talk to usually has no clue what's going on, gives me the runaround, doesn't fix my problem, and tries to sell me extra shit that I don't want.
-After getting bullshit transfereed to another department, and put on hold for like 30 minutes, they finally pick up
-Proceed to give me the runaround
-Maybe solve my problem after a good half hour of bullshit back and forth
-Typically 45mins-4hours spent fucking around with assholes on the phone who keep transferring me with long waits between transfers.

Scenario 2:
-I call whatever call center place I need to get my issue fixed.
-I fire up my call recorder. The conversation is now being saved as an audio file (or onto a casette for the old folks)
-When the answers, I open with the "Hi this is me, this call is being recorded line"
-Now that the minion know's they're being recorded, that I'm not fucking around, and that whatever bullshit the feed me is now a top story for the local news team if they treat me like shit. See recent comcast call that was leaked in the news for a good example.
-The call proceeds with no bullshit, fast and to the point. If I'm transferred to another department, I get first priority-no bullshit put-on-elevator-music for 20 minutes in between operators.
-I actually get my issue fixed, in record time with no extra headaches.

You can get free smartphone call recorder apps online. Or a headphone splitter and a tape deck cheap at thrift stores.

You have to tell them upfront that you're recording, some states will send you to prison for "wire tapping" if you record your phone calls without informing hte other party.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average