STD Maintenance General newbie question 300e turbo

newbie question 300e turbo

newbie question 300e turbo

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

jpmarat
Unregistered

08-03-2009, 05:00 PM #1
my 1999 300e is in need of a new turbo and i'm looking for different options as to its replacement. instead of just putting on a new stock model can anyone suggest different performance options to spruce up the power a bit.

thanks,
jpmarat
08-03-2009, 05:00 PM #1

my 1999 300e is in need of a new turbo and i'm looking for different options as to its replacement. instead of just putting on a new stock model can anyone suggest different performance options to spruce up the power a bit.

thanks,

ForcedInduction
Banned

08-03-2009, 06:36 PM #2
The flange is non-standard and the tiny manifold port is extremely restrictive. There are no aftermarket upgrades or turbos from other car models that will directly exchange.

At the absolute least you'll have to make an adapter plate between the manifold and the turbo.

If you're going to all the trouble of mounting a new turbo, you should get a GT2359V from an E320 CDI. Its port isn't much bigger than your existing one and the stock vacuum-based boost control used by your engine can control a VNT turbo without modification. You'll get as good as or better boost response, a much more efficient turbo design and more power without changing any fuel/computer settings (Through reduced exhaust backpressure and lower compressed air temperatures).

(A kind FYI, you have an E300, not a 300e which is an older gas model.)
This post was last modified: 08-03-2009, 06:39 PM by ForcedInduction.
ForcedInduction
08-03-2009, 06:36 PM #2

The flange is non-standard and the tiny manifold port is extremely restrictive. There are no aftermarket upgrades or turbos from other car models that will directly exchange.

At the absolute least you'll have to make an adapter plate between the manifold and the turbo.

If you're going to all the trouble of mounting a new turbo, you should get a GT2359V from an E320 CDI. Its port isn't much bigger than your existing one and the stock vacuum-based boost control used by your engine can control a VNT turbo without modification. You'll get as good as or better boost response, a much more efficient turbo design and more power without changing any fuel/computer settings (Through reduced exhaust backpressure and lower compressed air temperatures).

(A kind FYI, you have an E300, not a 300e which is an older gas model.)

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average