STD Other Open DIrect onto compressor air filters (for a Holset)

DIrect onto compressor air filters (for a Holset)

DIrect onto compressor air filters (for a Holset)

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hario'
C300TD Wagon (W202)

07-25-2014, 08:07 AM #1
Hi,

I'm looking to fit a HX35 this winter and I want a large tapered / conival K&N air filter fitted directly to the compressor inducer, 4" IIRC, does anybody know what they are usually fitted to to help me search for one?

I'll try and find a picture of what I'm talking about..

H

Installed:

OM606/722.6, big IC, W220 brakes.
Planned:
DIY manifold, compound, 722.6 controller, built IP.
[i]Less rust.. 
[/i]
Hario'
07-25-2014, 08:07 AM #1

Hi,

I'm looking to fit a HX35 this winter and I want a large tapered / conival K&N air filter fitted directly to the compressor inducer, 4" IIRC, does anybody know what they are usually fitted to to help me search for one?

I'll try and find a picture of what I'm talking about..

H

Installed:

OM606/722.6, big IC, W220 brakes.
Planned:
DIY manifold, compound, 722.6 controller, built IP.
[i]Less rust.. 
[/i]

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

07-25-2014, 08:41 AM #2
K&N has all the dimensions on their website, you can search by size and they will give oyu a P/N

Ford paper cone filters are common as well on newer cars

Sceptre and Emgo are second-tier but much cheaper. I run a Sceptre on my vacuum and emgos on my bike...paper on my road cars

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?
Simpler=Better
07-25-2014, 08:41 AM #2

K&N has all the dimensions on their website, you can search by size and they will give oyu a P/N

Ford paper cone filters are common as well on newer cars

Sceptre and Emgo are second-tier but much cheaper. I run a Sceptre on my vacuum and emgos on my bike...paper on my road cars

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?

atypicalguy
Holset

03-13-2015, 04:13 AM #3
Kn filters are complete crap. They are low restriction but they are much poorer at rem9ving dirt. Get a Donaldson or whatever and oversize it.
atypicalguy
03-13-2015, 04:13 AM #3

Kn filters are complete crap. They are low restriction but they are much poorer at rem9ving dirt. Get a Donaldson or whatever and oversize it.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average