STD Tuning Engine High EGT on OM662

High EGT on OM662

High EGT on OM662

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

baldur
Fast

07-06-2014, 03:29 PM #1
I have an OM662 with STT turbo kit, which I believe to be a Garrett T25, pushing 10psi boost with an intercooler.
I recently fitted an exhaust temperature thermocouple at the exhaust manifold outlet and I'm seeing temperatures as high as 800°C at full throttle, maximum revs.
The car never smokes, no hint of visible soot at the back, which leads me to believe that the high temperatures may be caused by long fuel delivery time. I am currently running the stock fuel pump, PES 5M 55C 320 RS 168 and the governor was adjusted for a good balance between drivability (it usually returns to idle) and power.
Car performs well considering what it is and it gets good fuel mileage (11L/100km)

Is it normal to see this kind of EGT on an engine that is completely free of black smoke?
Would I be advised to advance the pump to reduce the EGT?

Baldur Gislason

baldur
07-06-2014, 03:29 PM #1

I have an OM662 with STT turbo kit, which I believe to be a Garrett T25, pushing 10psi boost with an intercooler.
I recently fitted an exhaust temperature thermocouple at the exhaust manifold outlet and I'm seeing temperatures as high as 800°C at full throttle, maximum revs.
The car never smokes, no hint of visible soot at the back, which leads me to believe that the high temperatures may be caused by long fuel delivery time. I am currently running the stock fuel pump, PES 5M 55C 320 RS 168 and the governor was adjusted for a good balance between drivability (it usually returns to idle) and power.
Car performs well considering what it is and it gets good fuel mileage (11L/100km)

Is it normal to see this kind of EGT on an engine that is completely free of black smoke?
Would I be advised to advance the pump to reduce the EGT?

Baldur Gislason

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average