STD Tuning Engine om605 strange noise from back injector

om605 strange noise from back injector

om605 strange noise from back injector

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

RickyE
TA 0301

06-25-2014, 02:32 PM #1
hello, my car has a strange hiss/tick from the back injector, ive tried tightening it, but was already very tight, took it out, clean the bottom face where it seals and what looks like a spacer, presume its the heat shield though, bout 2 or 3mm thick steel. I am surprised i didnt find a copper washer or seal of some sort though

still the noise is there, replaced the leak off pipes aswell

when i hold my hand over that injector i can feel air pulsing at me, but doesnt seem to be leaking diesel, or if it is a very small amount.

heres a video to let yous hear the noise, any advice is welcome as its annoying me and likely not helping power or running
[Image: th_20140625_193619_zps8a9f0214.jpg]
any advice welcome and cheers
RickyE
06-25-2014, 02:32 PM #1

hello, my car has a strange hiss/tick from the back injector, ive tried tightening it, but was already very tight, took it out, clean the bottom face where it seals and what looks like a spacer, presume its the heat shield though, bout 2 or 3mm thick steel. I am surprised i didnt find a copper washer or seal of some sort though

still the noise is there, replaced the leak off pipes aswell

when i hold my hand over that injector i can feel air pulsing at me, but doesnt seem to be leaking diesel, or if it is a very small amount.

heres a video to let yous hear the noise, any advice is welcome as its annoying me and likely not helping power or running
[Image: th_20140625_193619_zps8a9f0214.jpg]
any advice welcome and cheers

barrote
Superturbo

06-25-2014, 02:54 PM #2
hy there ,
looks like the prechamber is loose. Sad just that.
injector , heat shield, pre chamber, and nothing else. pre chamber seats over the head and is tight by a special ring wich uses a special tool. , unless the head had been faced , and there was the need for a spacer. usually .3 mm .6mm .8mm.
regards

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
06-25-2014, 02:54 PM #2

hy there ,
looks like the prechamber is loose. Sad just that.
injector , heat shield, pre chamber, and nothing else. pre chamber seats over the head and is tight by a special ring wich uses a special tool. , unless the head had been faced , and there was the need for a spacer. usually .3 mm .6mm .8mm.
regards

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

ecFSE
K26-2

06-25-2014, 03:08 PM #3
Hi, It might be leaking compression between the head and the prechamber.
Try spraying some soapy water around the prechamber/injector to see if its leaking.
Can be hard to see on a 4-valve engine though.

You need a big splined special socket to remove the ring holding the prechamber in place.
ecFSE
06-25-2014, 03:08 PM #3

Hi, It might be leaking compression between the head and the prechamber.
Try spraying some soapy water around the prechamber/injector to see if its leaking.
Can be hard to see on a 4-valve engine though.

You need a big splined special socket to remove the ring holding the prechamber in place.

RickyE
TA 0301

06-25-2014, 03:46 PM #4
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MERCEDES-BENZ-...4897.l4275

is that the tool i need?

also is it a hard job to tighten up the pre chamber? or just a case of removing the injector, and tightening the splined ring?

Cheers
This post was last modified: 06-25-2014, 03:46 PM by RickyE.
RickyE
06-25-2014, 03:46 PM #4

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MERCEDES-BENZ-...4897.l4275

is that the tool i need?

also is it a hard job to tighten up the pre chamber? or just a case of removing the injector, and tightening the splined ring?

Cheers

ecFSE
K26-2

06-25-2014, 05:18 PM #5
Yes, that tool looks right.

If you are lyckty that could be enough.
Try that first.

Might need cleaning of sealing surface.
If you are unlucky sealing surface between head and prechamber might have been
damaged and in need of maching and a shim.
ecFSE
06-25-2014, 05:18 PM #5

Yes, that tool looks right.

If you are lyckty that could be enough.
Try that first.

Might need cleaning of sealing surface.
If you are unlucky sealing surface between head and prechamber might have been
damaged and in need of maching and a shim.

barrote
Superturbo

06-26-2014, 05:38 PM #6
well, if sealing bed and treads are still ok, wich i think so, u can use loctite high temp , the black one, if u can get it somewhere, or cheaper and best exaust glue, that white stuff used to seal exaust piping.
whether is your choice, sealing bed must be clean, and the treads free from that "glue" . tightning torque is 40 n/m.
regards

FD,