STD Tuning Engine 603 ip installation question

603 ip installation question

603 ip installation question

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NapaBavarian
GT2256V

06-17-2014, 06:09 PM #1
I'm considering swapping the ip im my sdl, car won't maintain idle, it just dies without throttle cracked and smokes a lot, also must have throttle wide open to start and takes a bit of cranking.

I have read about positioning the engine but the ip I have was not positioned, I have already looked for a locking pin, can't find it, does the ip only lock in one position? Can it be recentered if it was removed in the wrong position?
NapaBavarian
06-17-2014, 06:09 PM #1

I'm considering swapping the ip im my sdl, car won't maintain idle, it just dies without throttle cracked and smokes a lot, also must have throttle wide open to start and takes a bit of cranking.

I have read about positioning the engine but the ip I have was not positioned, I have already looked for a locking pin, can't find it, does the ip only lock in one position? Can it be recentered if it was removed in the wrong position?

aaa
GT2256V

06-18-2014, 12:10 AM #2
If you can rotate the shaft without damaging it, you can recenter the IP. I would use one of the timing gears I have lying around to turn it.

You might be able to do it without the locking tool but there are a few other notchy things inside that aren't the locking notch, so it would be easy to get mixed up.
aaa
06-18-2014, 12:10 AM #2

If you can rotate the shaft without damaging it, you can recenter the IP. I would use one of the timing gears I have lying around to turn it.

You might be able to do it without the locking tool but there are a few other notchy things inside that aren't the locking notch, so it would be easy to get mixed up.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average