prechambers mods?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3
barrote
Superturbo

02-17-2015, 08:06 AM #101
Hy MTU,
yes, i have done this mod in steps:
1st : engine wich is a 605.911 original was changed to TD using original parts from a 605.960, IP was left stock fuel.
2nd: engine was rebuilt with new rings and some minor mods inside, head runners were polished , small porting job . (MB head is very good from stock) engine was assembled with a 605.960 stock turbo, intercooler from c270cdi, IP stock fuel, injectors at 150BAR precups from 605.960 (they have a small dif from 605.911) (911 are marked 604 at the lip, and the 960 are marked 606) at the time i did increase the holes from 2.25mm to 2.50mm, engine become with a diff noise and rather alive response.
3rd: no mod´s from above except IP was assembled with a set of 6mm Bosch original elements, Gov tweaked to 70cc with boost 90cc, injectors were changed to orinal 605.960 set at 150BAR (injectors are the same despite on turbo they are set at 135bar instead of 115). huge increase in power , at time become possible to "eat" some serie´s 3 BMW. expecially in hills power was increase was amasing.
4th: somewhere along the way , turbo was changed to a GT2359V, boost become possible to be 2BAR continuosly from 2.5 k on till 6k, wich really improved power a bit more, response and RPM range.
5th: changed pre cups to a set with 3mm holes and the center hole 2mm. engine was tested and small diff at noise level, engine lost some live , become slugish, no noticeable power increase.
6th : engine was fitted wit a 7.5mm (dieselmeken) element IP with gov set at 80cc with boost 110cc , boost is set at 2bar . no noticeable gain in power.
conclusions: increasing the holes from 2.25 to 2.5 did resulted in an increase in power and engine live, oposite to 3mm wich did not result in any gain.
regards.

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
02-17-2015, 08:06 AM #101

Hy MTU,
yes, i have done this mod in steps:
1st : engine wich is a 605.911 original was changed to TD using original parts from a 605.960, IP was left stock fuel.
2nd: engine was rebuilt with new rings and some minor mods inside, head runners were polished , small porting job . (MB head is very good from stock) engine was assembled with a 605.960 stock turbo, intercooler from c270cdi, IP stock fuel, injectors at 150BAR precups from 605.960 (they have a small dif from 605.911) (911 are marked 604 at the lip, and the 960 are marked 606) at the time i did increase the holes from 2.25mm to 2.50mm, engine become with a diff noise and rather alive response.
3rd: no mod´s from above except IP was assembled with a set of 6mm Bosch original elements, Gov tweaked to 70cc with boost 90cc, injectors were changed to orinal 605.960 set at 150BAR (injectors are the same despite on turbo they are set at 135bar instead of 115). huge increase in power , at time become possible to "eat" some serie´s 3 BMW. expecially in hills power was increase was amasing.
4th: somewhere along the way , turbo was changed to a GT2359V, boost become possible to be 2BAR continuosly from 2.5 k on till 6k, wich really improved power a bit more, response and RPM range.
5th: changed pre cups to a set with 3mm holes and the center hole 2mm. engine was tested and small diff at noise level, engine lost some live , become slugish, no noticeable power increase.
6th : engine was fitted wit a 7.5mm (dieselmeken) element IP with gov set at 80cc with boost 110cc , boost is set at 2bar . no noticeable gain in power.
conclusions: increasing the holes from 2.25 to 2.5 did resulted in an increase in power and engine live, oposite to 3mm wich did not result in any gain.
regards.

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

OM616
10mm MW

02-17-2015, 12:35 PM #102
How much did you advance the timing after the PC mod? 
OM616
02-17-2015, 12:35 PM #102

How much did you advance the timing after the PC mod? 

barrote
Superturbo

02-17-2015, 02:59 PM #103
that is dificult to say, well i do know till where i´ve been , i´ll try to explain.
i have a friend wich has a small device with a cable conected to a nr1 injector line and a stroboscopic light. so the machine reads injection pulse, and lights at the same time rendering posible to read the crankshaft numbers Big Grin. if u´re familiar with this device disconsider my explanation.Wink
in the papers for that machine , a multivalve MB type engine is said to be from 16 to 17.5 degrees, i understand 14º by the RIV method.
when i changed the pre cups, i left the engine at 21º(too much advance to make it easier to tune) , then reduced to 19º, now i have it at 18.5º i belive is the place where it works better, same as the previous precups at 2.5mm holes. the thing is the engine has a stange idle, and looks a bit dead untill high revs.
but lets wait a wile , u know that MB engines like to settle, maybe in a few days , this noises and behaviour changes. will see.

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
02-17-2015, 02:59 PM #103

that is dificult to say, well i do know till where i´ve been , i´ll try to explain.
i have a friend wich has a small device with a cable conected to a nr1 injector line and a stroboscopic light. so the machine reads injection pulse, and lights at the same time rendering posible to read the crankshaft numbers Big Grin. if u´re familiar with this device disconsider my explanation.Wink
in the papers for that machine , a multivalve MB type engine is said to be from 16 to 17.5 degrees, i understand 14º by the RIV method.
when i changed the pre cups, i left the engine at 21º(too much advance to make it easier to tune) , then reduced to 19º, now i have it at 18.5º i belive is the place where it works better, same as the previous precups at 2.5mm holes. the thing is the engine has a stange idle, and looks a bit dead untill high revs.
but lets wait a wile , u know that MB engines like to settle, maybe in a few days , this noises and behaviour changes. will see.

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

OM616
10mm MW

02-17-2015, 06:51 PM #104
If the only thing you changed is the prehambers, not the pump or injectors, and you played with the timing to try to find a better result and it is still flat, and, then if you only put the smaller holed Prechambers back in with no pump or injector changes, and put the timing back where it was before with the smaller holes and it comes to life, then it has to be the chambers. If you changed pumps then everything is out because the governors will be set differently, the torque control really determines how lively the engine is IMOP (at least in a MW pump) and it sounds line the M pump is not that tuneable beyond stock.

Did the smoke and EGTs increase with the drop in "liveleness"?
OM616
02-17-2015, 06:51 PM #104

If the only thing you changed is the prehambers, not the pump or injectors, and you played with the timing to try to find a better result and it is still flat, and, then if you only put the smaller holed Prechambers back in with no pump or injector changes, and put the timing back where it was before with the smaller holes and it comes to life, then it has to be the chambers. If you changed pumps then everything is out because the governors will be set differently, the torque control really determines how lively the engine is IMOP (at least in a MW pump) and it sounds line the M pump is not that tuneable beyond stock.

Did the smoke and EGTs increase with the drop in "liveleness"?

barrote
Superturbo

02-18-2015, 05:09 AM #105
i see your point, as i said before lets wait a wile to see .
does not matter what , it might be like this results show.
RSF governor has nothing to do with the RSV. M pumps dont work like that. once u kick the pedal almost all the fuel is available, except ALDA increase, wich comes with boost.
regards.

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
02-18-2015, 05:09 AM #105

i see your point, as i said before lets wait a wile to see .
does not matter what , it might be like this results show.
RSF governor has nothing to do with the RSV. M pumps dont work like that. once u kick the pedal almost all the fuel is available, except ALDA increase, wich comes with boost.
regards.

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

barrote
Superturbo

02-23-2015, 06:27 AM #106
hello boys
just a small question from those wich own 617 engines, what is the diff between precups in 617A TD and 617 a N/A?
helping a friend out with something , i would apreciate this info.
regards

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
02-23-2015, 06:27 AM #106

hello boys
just a small question from those wich own 617 engines, what is the diff between precups in 617A TD and 617 a N/A?
helping a friend out with something , i would apreciate this info.
regards

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

02-24-2015, 01:35 AM #107
(02-17-2015, 12:35 PM)OM616 How much did you advance the timing after the PC mod? 

So in an OM617 as such mine, what would you set pump timing to with the huge chambers that I have? I have the timing max advanced but have not re-clocked the pump yet, but sounds like that is something I should do? I can get to 1250 but not urgently quick on the street. A lot of off road hill climbing, second gear foot to floor, 2600-3000 RPM full load 16lbs boost and EGT will sit at right about 1200 degrees

1982 300D Turbo ... 3,6xxlbs, No fan, No AC, Hood Stack, No ALDA, No rear bumper and stuffed front, A/W Intercooled, Injectors by Greezer and HUGE Pre-Chambers with help from OM616 & Simpler=Better, Fuel Cranked up, 60 Trim Compressor wheel, EGT, EMP, Boost 50" Rigid Radius bar on roof Aux tank for a total of 48 Gal Of Diesel! Odyssey PC-1750 Battery in trunk, 27"x8.5"/R14 Maxxis BigHorn Mud Terrains, In June '14 issue of Off Road Mag

AX15 Jeep Trans swap in progress....

Captain America
02-24-2015, 01:35 AM #107

(02-17-2015, 12:35 PM)OM616 How much did you advance the timing after the PC mod? 

So in an OM617 as such mine, what would you set pump timing to with the huge chambers that I have? I have the timing max advanced but have not re-clocked the pump yet, but sounds like that is something I should do? I can get to 1250 but not urgently quick on the street. A lot of off road hill climbing, second gear foot to floor, 2600-3000 RPM full load 16lbs boost and EGT will sit at right about 1200 degrees

1982 300D Turbo ... 3,6xxlbs, No fan, No AC, Hood Stack, No ALDA, No rear bumper and stuffed front, A/W Intercooled, Injectors by Greezer and HUGE Pre-Chambers with help from OM616 & Simpler=Better, Fuel Cranked up, 60 Trim Compressor wheel, EGT, EMP, Boost 50" Rigid Radius bar on roof Aux tank for a total of 48 Gal Of Diesel! Odyssey PC-1750 Battery in trunk, 27"x8.5"/R14 Maxxis BigHorn Mud Terrains, In June '14 issue of Off Road Mag

baldur
Fast

02-24-2015, 06:47 AM #108
Of course the purpose of these small holes is to restrict the flow out of the prechamber to decelerate the combustion. That means any power gains from making them larger are going to present themselves with only small increases in hole diameter and past that going even bigger is going to make no difference whatsoever.

Baldur Gislason

baldur
02-24-2015, 06:47 AM #108

Of course the purpose of these small holes is to restrict the flow out of the prechamber to decelerate the combustion. That means any power gains from making them larger are going to present themselves with only small increases in hole diameter and past that going even bigger is going to make no difference whatsoever.

Baldur Gislason

raysorenson
Superturbo

02-24-2015, 09:13 AM #109
(02-24-2015, 06:47 AM)baldur Of course the purpose of these small holes is to restrict the flow out of the prechamber to decelerate the combustion.

That's why I'd like to hear the reasoning behind enlarging the holes AND advancing the timing.
raysorenson
02-24-2015, 09:13 AM #109

(02-24-2015, 06:47 AM)baldur Of course the purpose of these small holes is to restrict the flow out of the prechamber to decelerate the combustion.

That's why I'd like to hear the reasoning behind enlarging the holes AND advancing the timing.

OM616
10mm MW

02-24-2015, 12:34 PM #110
(02-24-2015, 01:35 AM)Captain America

I was lazy and did not re-clock the pump, so I am at the stops as well, (how many other people can say that lol). When I pull the engine down I will measure what the start of injection is at the stops. I am going to be installing 10mm elements in the pump and reworking the advance mechanism, so my new timing demands will be much different.

Timing is specific to every engine according to how worn it is, the quality of fuel, the quality of the injection, altitude etc... The only "speck" that is worth anything for any engine tuning is the static timing so that the engine will start. Once running a tuner will find what the engine wants, (runs best at).  This will no doubt have the engineers screaming at their monitors that you must be with in X degrees regardless of all the variables that affect combustion. 

If you are happy with how it runs now, then leave it. If you want to see if the engine will take a little more advance, then recenter the pump and find out. Even at the stops, we are way more advanced than the general public lol...

If the engine does not like the additional timing, it will get hard to start cold, be naily, and not run as well as the previous timing setting. In that case you have found the limit and go back to the previous timing setting where it ran the best.
OM616
02-24-2015, 12:34 PM #110

(02-24-2015, 01:35 AM)Captain America

I was lazy and did not re-clock the pump, so I am at the stops as well, (how many other people can say that lol). When I pull the engine down I will measure what the start of injection is at the stops. I am going to be installing 10mm elements in the pump and reworking the advance mechanism, so my new timing demands will be much different.

Timing is specific to every engine according to how worn it is, the quality of fuel, the quality of the injection, altitude etc... The only "speck" that is worth anything for any engine tuning is the static timing so that the engine will start. Once running a tuner will find what the engine wants, (runs best at).  This will no doubt have the engineers screaming at their monitors that you must be with in X degrees regardless of all the variables that affect combustion. 

If you are happy with how it runs now, then leave it. If you want to see if the engine will take a little more advance, then recenter the pump and find out. Even at the stops, we are way more advanced than the general public lol...

If the engine does not like the additional timing, it will get hard to start cold, be naily, and not run as well as the previous timing setting. In that case you have found the limit and go back to the previous timing setting where it ran the best.

barrote
Superturbo

02-24-2015, 04:38 PM #111
i couln´t have said better, Wink

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
02-24-2015, 04:38 PM #111

i couln´t have said better, Wink

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

barrote
Superturbo

02-25-2015, 03:10 PM #112
hello fine people ,
and about questions abou the 617 pre cups, does anyone know my answear?????
regards.

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
02-25-2015, 03:10 PM #112

hello fine people ,
and about questions abou the 617 pre cups, does anyone know my answear?????
regards.

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

raysorenson
Superturbo

02-25-2015, 07:11 PM #113
I think the N/A precups are flat on the bottom to make room for the piston.
raysorenson
02-25-2015, 07:11 PM #113

I think the N/A precups are flat on the bottom to make room for the piston.

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

02-25-2015, 10:07 PM #114
(02-17-2015, 12:35 PM)OM616 I was lazy and did not re-clock the pump, so I am at the stops as well, (how many other people can say that lol). When I pull the engine down I will measure what the start of injection is at the stops. I am going to be installing 10mm elements in the pump and reworking the advance mechanism, so my new timing demands will be much different.

Understood! I think I will re-clock to see how it likes it, because the "what if it can run better" will always bug me if I dont, lol.

Most noticeable about the pump being max advanced (whatever it is now, coming from 28 degrees) is that I noticed a bit of a powerband develop. Like over 3k it loves it, or that's where it makes most HP. Also on the highway 3k< it pulled like a mofo, but trans wouldn't hold the power so I never could see the most out of it. I still is hungry for more fuel for sure.

Captain America
02-25-2015, 10:07 PM #114

(02-17-2015, 12:35 PM)OM616 I was lazy and did not re-clock the pump, so I am at the stops as well, (how many other people can say that lol). When I pull the engine down I will measure what the start of injection is at the stops. I am going to be installing 10mm elements in the pump and reworking the advance mechanism, so my new timing demands will be much different.

Understood! I think I will re-clock to see how it likes it, because the "what if it can run better" will always bug me if I dont, lol.

Most noticeable about the pump being max advanced (whatever it is now, coming from 28 degrees) is that I noticed a bit of a powerband develop. Like over 3k it loves it, or that's where it makes most HP. Also on the highway 3k< it pulled like a mofo, but trans wouldn't hold the power so I never could see the most out of it. I still is hungry for more fuel for sure.

NZScott
HX30W 73/44mm

02-26-2015, 02:21 AM #115
(02-25-2015, 07:11 PM)raysorenson I think the N/A precups are flat on the bottom to make room for the piston.

From what little I know, only the older pre Sept-79 NA engines had those flat bottomed prechamber tips.

1978 300D, 373,000km... OM617.912 with a Holset HX30W, 7.5mm IP, 711.113 5 speed (project car, 7 years off the road and counting ;/)
1977 250 270,000km (parts car)
1977 300D (ex 280) 500,000km

1981 240D 498,000
1975 HJ45 ???,000
2001 2.8TD Rodeo 4x2 - 456,000 - DD

NZScott
02-26-2015, 02:21 AM #115

(02-25-2015, 07:11 PM)raysorenson I think the N/A precups are flat on the bottom to make room for the piston.

From what little I know, only the older pre Sept-79 NA engines had those flat bottomed prechamber tips.

1978 300D, 373,000km... OM617.912 with a Holset HX30W, 7.5mm IP, 711.113 5 speed (project car, 7 years off the road and counting ;/)

1981 240D 498,000
1975 HJ45 ???,000

barrote
Superturbo

02-26-2015, 02:29 PM #116
yep , the fellow´s with the 617´s dont know about pre cups Sad
pitty looks like we have to disassemble them out Sad
thanks anyway

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
02-26-2015, 02:29 PM #116

yep , the fellow´s with the 617´s dont know about pre cups Sad
thanks anyway

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

OM616
10mm MW

02-26-2015, 06:11 PM #117
(02-26-2015, 02:29 PM)barrote yep , the fellow´s with the 617´s dont know about pre cups Sad
thanks anyway

the "up-rated" (roundish bottomed) 617.91 (NA) Prechambers are identical to the "up-Rated" Prechambers in the 616. 

The 617.95 (Turbo) prechambers have a larger burn tube diameter inside and out, and will not fit in a NA head unless the head is machined for the lager tube. Also the holes on a turbo Prechamber are also larger than the Up Rated NA prechambers.

The up rated prechambers (roundish bottom) from a NA will fit in a turbo head, but do not use them as the burn tube OD is smaller than the bore in the head, and I think there could be a heat transfer (cooling) problem, but I do not know for sure. At the very least without the burn tube being snug in the head, it might sing and tend to brake, but again I am only guessing.

So to recap, turbo prechambers have larger burn tubes and holes than the NA versions do.
OM616
02-26-2015, 06:11 PM #117

(02-26-2015, 02:29 PM)barrote yep , the fellow´s with the 617´s dont know about pre cups Sad
thanks anyway

the "up-rated" (roundish bottomed) 617.91 (NA) Prechambers are identical to the "up-Rated" Prechambers in the 616. 

The 617.95 (Turbo) prechambers have a larger burn tube diameter inside and out, and will not fit in a NA head unless the head is machined for the lager tube. Also the holes on a turbo Prechamber are also larger than the Up Rated NA prechambers.

The up rated prechambers (roundish bottom) from a NA will fit in a turbo head, but do not use them as the burn tube OD is smaller than the bore in the head, and I think there could be a heat transfer (cooling) problem, but I do not know for sure. At the very least without the burn tube being snug in the head, it might sing and tend to brake, but again I am only guessing.

So to recap, turbo prechambers have larger burn tubes and holes than the NA versions do.

NZScott
HX30W 73/44mm

02-26-2015, 10:38 PM #118
(02-26-2015, 06:11 PM)OM616 So to recap, turbo prechambers have larger burn tubes and holes than the NA versions do.

That rules out using those 1990s OM616 angled injector prechambers then in a 617.95x Sad

However I was always under the impression the NA and turbo heads were the same casting. Must just be the machining that makes the difference

1981 240D 498,000
1975 HJ45 ???,000

NZScott
02-26-2015, 10:38 PM #118

(02-26-2015, 06:11 PM)OM616 So to recap, turbo prechambers have larger burn tubes and holes than the NA versions do.

That rules out using those 1990s OM616 angled injector prechambers then in a 617.95x Sad

However I was always under the impression the NA and turbo heads were the same casting. Must just be the machining that makes the difference

1981 240D 498,000
1975 HJ45 ???,000

barrote
Superturbo

02-27-2015, 05:37 AM #119
thanks fellows,
regards.

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
02-27-2015, 05:37 AM #119

thanks fellows,
regards.

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

OM616
10mm MW

02-27-2015, 11:54 AM #120
(02-26-2015, 10:38 PM)NZScott

If you can get them that is lol..  Aren't they very expencive?

To my knowledge, (which is sketchy) the heads are basically the same in regards to valve size, Precahmber pockets and glow plugs. Perhaps you could sleeve down the hole in the head for the smaller burn tubes? I would recommend a collar that would prevent the sleeve from being able to slide down into the cylinder though. There is always a way if you want it had enough lol...
OM616
02-27-2015, 11:54 AM #120

(02-26-2015, 10:38 PM)NZScott

If you can get them that is lol..  Aren't they very expencive?

To my knowledge, (which is sketchy) the heads are basically the same in regards to valve size, Precahmber pockets and glow plugs. Perhaps you could sleeve down the hole in the head for the smaller burn tubes? I would recommend a collar that would prevent the sleeve from being able to slide down into the cylinder though. There is always a way if you want it had enough lol...

raysorenson
Superturbo

02-27-2015, 12:39 PM #121
While we're talking about this, does anyone know how to get parts for a Force Motors Trax Ghurka with the turbo OM616? I wonder if it got angled prechambers.
raysorenson
02-27-2015, 12:39 PM #121

While we're talking about this, does anyone know how to get parts for a Force Motors Trax Ghurka with the turbo OM616? I wonder if it got angled prechambers.

Greazzer
Superturbo

02-27-2015, 01:29 PM #122
Good luck getting a response. I pestered them for a few months and never got a response.

Ninth Year Anniversary with STD on 1-9-2020

visit:  www.dieselfuelinjector.guru

Project 2018: Really get the car finished -- Turbo OM617 greater than 175 MPH goal.

RED W123 - left Germany as 240D in 1982.  Full AMG body kit less rear apron, 2:65LSD, five speed Getrag 717.400, manual steering, read leather interior, manual brake conversion, electric water pump (EWP), and a bunch of other goodies ...
Greazzer
02-27-2015, 01:29 PM #122

Good luck getting a response. I pestered them for a few months and never got a response.

Ninth Year Anniversary with STD on 1-9-2020

visit:  www.dieselfuelinjector.guru

Project 2018: Really get the car finished -- Turbo OM617 greater than 175 MPH goal.

RED W123 - left Germany as 240D in 1982.  Full AMG body kit less rear apron, 2:65LSD, five speed Getrag 717.400, manual steering, read leather interior, manual brake conversion, electric water pump (EWP), and a bunch of other goodies ...

sassparilla_kid
diesel &gt; all other fuels

03-02-2015, 03:11 AM #123
FWIW, I don't have reamed pre-chambers (yet) and my pump timing is maxxed, no real issues starting (although there are definitely more vibrations when starting it in the cold until it warms up), although I haven't played with any of the pump settings yet either.
This post was last modified: 03-02-2015, 03:11 AM by sassparilla_kid.

-1982 300D Turbo, 280k miles, ALDA apparently maxxed, fram 8038, 12 lbs boost, non-egr manifolds, W/M injection, 4 brake light mod, Gen II w126 front rotors/calipers, 4-speed swap
In the works: A/W IC, adjust pump, turbo rebuild (w/60 trim comp wheel)
-1980 300SD, 110k, project car. Goal is to get it lookin' like it did on the showroom floor (body and interior wise, not necessarily under the hood )
-1974 240D, FRESH PAINT!!!!!!
sassparilla_kid
03-02-2015, 03:11 AM #123

FWIW, I don't have reamed pre-chambers (yet) and my pump timing is maxxed, no real issues starting (although there are definitely more vibrations when starting it in the cold until it warms up), although I haven't played with any of the pump settings yet either.

-1982 300D Turbo, 280k miles, ALDA apparently maxxed, fram 8038, 12 lbs boost, non-egr manifolds, W/M injection, 4 brake light mod, Gen II w126 front rotors/calipers, 4-speed swap
In the works: A/W IC, adjust pump, turbo rebuild (w/60 trim comp wheel)
-1980 300SD, 110k, project car. Goal is to get it lookin' like it did on the showroom floor (body and interior wise, not necessarily under the hood )
-1974 240D, FRESH PAINT!!!!!!

MFSuper90
Budget Builder

03-02-2015, 09:58 AM #124
You also live in California Sass, it doesn't really get "cold" there :p
I think it's "cold" when it's below 0F haha

'82 300D -3" straight pipe, ALDA deleted, 3in1 glowshift gauge, HX30, egr-less manifold, A/W intercooler Big Grin
'14 Ram 6.7l cummins -G56 handshaker, wishing it was deleted         
MFSuper90
03-02-2015, 09:58 AM #124

You also live in California Sass, it doesn't really get "cold" there :p
I think it's "cold" when it's below 0F haha

'82 300D -3" straight pipe, ALDA deleted, 3in1 glowshift gauge, HX30, egr-less manifold, A/W intercooler Big Grin
'14 Ram 6.7l cummins -G56 handshaker, wishing it was deleted         

barrote
Superturbo

03-21-2015, 09:27 AM #125
Hello fine people,
About the pre cups, looks like i had a snag in my engine, and i didn´t knew it, the thing was with the advance mechanism, somehow the f#$"% device was too tight and did not returned to the idle advance quantity.
I just find it out after tweaking the pump to reach 5500 RPM at full load, after i went to try the car and when it went through the 5000 range a metalic and strange noise come about and from that on a huge nailing noise come about. After some thinking, measured the timing and found it at 35º.
removed the device, corected it and set the timing at 18º and the nailing and rough idle disapeared along with the smoth and clean acceleration.
i have to agree that increasing the holes on a 4 Valve engine has some benefits over stock.
my mod was , the eight holes to 3mm, the center to 2mm, the pre cup neck 8mm.
happy with the result.

regards

FD,