FS 83 240d manual

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

jenyus
GT2256V

05-29-2014, 04:09 PM #1
pics here! http://modesto.craigslist.org/cto/4485092887.html
83 240d
4cyl diesel
4 speed manual transmission (hard to find)
172k miles
runs great
fuel gauge doesnt work. needs new sender. $50 used at junk yards or online
tires are older but have lots of tread, worn evenly and lots of tread. have an extra set of original multispoke mercedes wheels from a 60's mercedes. 3 good tires and 1 flat on the extrta set.
sunroof
Paint in good shape for its age
no rust anywhere on the vehicle
Original radio works as does electric telescoping antenna
blue leather interior (drivers seat has tear in upholstery, can get new upholstery for $70 online)
I have all the air conditioning equipment, but havent put the AC compressor back on. AC was working fine before removed. I put a newer engine in it about 3k miles ago and didn't have time to put the AC compressor back on.
its a good, reliable car, i averaged 36mpg on the highway. will cruise at 70mph no problem.

also have an extra engine with a thrown rod for parts that will go with it. has a good head, injection pump, etc.

Bought a new truck and don't need this anymore. ill consider trades as well.
$1750 OBO

please no tire kickers. make sure you have the money and have permission from whoever you need permission from before calling/texting me. prefer text

tired of answering same questions over and over. i am copying and pasting emailed questions amd answers here.

q
Oh, how is the interior? the carpeting and headliner?
Are there any broken or non-working items r gauges on the dash?
What shape is the dash in? Cracks, the wood peeling off its coating??

a
Interior is good for the car. Tear in driver seat. Dash is cracked but has dash mat. Carpeting is good, no stains or tears from what I can see. Same for headliner. Fuel gauge doesn't work and odometer just recently started sticking occasionally. Fairly easy fix, I looked it up online, just dot have the time to fix. Some of the wood of the dash has fallen off, one part broke a little but I have all the pieces. Most just need new adhesive. Center console wood is cracked and warped , which is pretty typical.

q
I had a couple questions.

-When you say new engine, did you get a new motor, a rebuilt long block, or a used running engine that was installed. Do you have the receipt or the source of the vendor available. Do you know when the last time a valve adjustment was done if the engine was not new?
-Can you send links to the $50 fuel gage sending unit and $70 upholstery kit for the driver's seat? I'm a former mechanic/diesel mechanic, never owned one of these cars before. I don't know a source for these parts. I typically use RockAuto.com for parts, they don't have the sender, and I'm not familiar with upholstery vendors.
-You have all parts for the A/C to work aside the assembly, new receiver/drier, seals, vacuum, and refrigerant?
-What is the tire size for the vehicle? I know you said the tires have substantial tread but I would be commuting heavily and probably need to get a new set, so I want to get a quote or 2.
-Can you send a picture of the 60's mercedes wheels you have?
-Was the 36 MPG average calculated with the new motor in the last 3K miles, old motor, or both?

a

I originally bought this car as a biodiesel/SVO project that never got off the ground, theyre great for that.

By new I meant new to the car, i should have explained that better. It was a used motor with 130k on it (according to who i bought it from on craigslist). no idea on valve adjustment, theres some valve clatter, but it doesn't sound any worse than ant of my other diesels. i have the extra head to go with it too, it would be easy to do a complete valve job on that and swap the other head onto the motor.

I don't have links to the fuel senders or upholstery. I put a wanted ad on peachparts.com and had a couple different people respond to me that gave me those prices on used parts in good condition.

tires are 205/70r16 but have some weather checking. ill send you a pic of one the tires.

yes, i have all the parts, but no refrigerant. none of them are new, all parts are original to the car.

I will send you a picture of the other wheels when i get home, theyre pretty cool. i have all the special lugnuts with them as well.

36mpg was calculated with new motor, only got that mpg once on a long, flat drive. up here its mostly hills and in-town driving. i was averaging 30-32mpg commuting to work. 21 miles each way with a 4,000ft elevation change. this was in the last 3k miles.

Also, tags expired in march, i was planning on paying registration next week, but if you bought it before that, i would deduct the amount for registration from the price plus a little extra for your trouble.
jenyus
05-29-2014, 04:09 PM #1

pics here! http://modesto.craigslist.org/cto/4485092887.html
83 240d
4cyl diesel
4 speed manual transmission (hard to find)
172k miles
runs great
fuel gauge doesnt work. needs new sender. $50 used at junk yards or online
tires are older but have lots of tread, worn evenly and lots of tread. have an extra set of original multispoke mercedes wheels from a 60's mercedes. 3 good tires and 1 flat on the extrta set.
sunroof
Paint in good shape for its age
no rust anywhere on the vehicle
Original radio works as does electric telescoping antenna
blue leather interior (drivers seat has tear in upholstery, can get new upholstery for $70 online)
I have all the air conditioning equipment, but havent put the AC compressor back on. AC was working fine before removed. I put a newer engine in it about 3k miles ago and didn't have time to put the AC compressor back on.
its a good, reliable car, i averaged 36mpg on the highway. will cruise at 70mph no problem.

also have an extra engine with a thrown rod for parts that will go with it. has a good head, injection pump, etc.

Bought a new truck and don't need this anymore. ill consider trades as well.
$1750 OBO

please no tire kickers. make sure you have the money and have permission from whoever you need permission from before calling/texting me. prefer text

tired of answering same questions over and over. i am copying and pasting emailed questions amd answers here.

q
Oh, how is the interior? the carpeting and headliner?
Are there any broken or non-working items r gauges on the dash?
What shape is the dash in? Cracks, the wood peeling off its coating??

a
Interior is good for the car. Tear in driver seat. Dash is cracked but has dash mat. Carpeting is good, no stains or tears from what I can see. Same for headliner. Fuel gauge doesn't work and odometer just recently started sticking occasionally. Fairly easy fix, I looked it up online, just dot have the time to fix. Some of the wood of the dash has fallen off, one part broke a little but I have all the pieces. Most just need new adhesive. Center console wood is cracked and warped , which is pretty typical.

q
I had a couple questions.

-When you say new engine, did you get a new motor, a rebuilt long block, or a used running engine that was installed. Do you have the receipt or the source of the vendor available. Do you know when the last time a valve adjustment was done if the engine was not new?
-Can you send links to the $50 fuel gage sending unit and $70 upholstery kit for the driver's seat? I'm a former mechanic/diesel mechanic, never owned one of these cars before. I don't know a source for these parts. I typically use RockAuto.com for parts, they don't have the sender, and I'm not familiar with upholstery vendors.
-You have all parts for the A/C to work aside the assembly, new receiver/drier, seals, vacuum, and refrigerant?
-What is the tire size for the vehicle? I know you said the tires have substantial tread but I would be commuting heavily and probably need to get a new set, so I want to get a quote or 2.
-Can you send a picture of the 60's mercedes wheels you have?
-Was the 36 MPG average calculated with the new motor in the last 3K miles, old motor, or both?

a

I originally bought this car as a biodiesel/SVO project that never got off the ground, theyre great for that.

By new I meant new to the car, i should have explained that better. It was a used motor with 130k on it (according to who i bought it from on craigslist). no idea on valve adjustment, theres some valve clatter, but it doesn't sound any worse than ant of my other diesels. i have the extra head to go with it too, it would be easy to do a complete valve job on that and swap the other head onto the motor.

I don't have links to the fuel senders or upholstery. I put a wanted ad on peachparts.com and had a couple different people respond to me that gave me those prices on used parts in good condition.

tires are 205/70r16 but have some weather checking. ill send you a pic of one the tires.

yes, i have all the parts, but no refrigerant. none of them are new, all parts are original to the car.

I will send you a picture of the other wheels when i get home, theyre pretty cool. i have all the special lugnuts with them as well.

36mpg was calculated with new motor, only got that mpg once on a long, flat drive. up here its mostly hills and in-town driving. i was averaging 30-32mpg commuting to work. 21 miles each way with a 4,000ft elevation change. this was in the last 3k miles.

Also, tags expired in march, i was planning on paying registration next week, but if you bought it before that, i would deduct the amount for registration from the price plus a little extra for your trouble.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average