STD Tuning Engine For those doing swaps with factory ecus.

For those doing swaps with factory ecus.

For those doing swaps with factory ecus.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

whipplem104
Holset

05-04-2014, 05:03 PM #1
So I have been playing with a new device from Lingenfelter Performance. It is the CAN2 module. This takes CAN messages and turns them into analog or digital signals. Primarily it is used for running your conventional gauges with modern ecus. So I hooked it up to a w124 cluster today and setup coolant temp and rpm just for starters. Set up the messages for these from Mercedes and bam. Functioning gauges over the CAN bus. SO really anything you can read off the bus can be configured. It will also do relays and pwm. So it really has a lot of function for many things. You could have it trigger check engine lights, cooling fans, a/c etc.
If I could have a electronic speedometer in my w123 chassis I would put my stock cluster back in tomorrow.
whipplem104
05-04-2014, 05:03 PM #1

So I have been playing with a new device from Lingenfelter Performance. It is the CAN2 module. This takes CAN messages and turns them into analog or digital signals. Primarily it is used for running your conventional gauges with modern ecus. So I hooked it up to a w124 cluster today and setup coolant temp and rpm just for starters. Set up the messages for these from Mercedes and bam. Functioning gauges over the CAN bus. SO really anything you can read off the bus can be configured. It will also do relays and pwm. So it really has a lot of function for many things. You could have it trigger check engine lights, cooling fans, a/c etc.
If I could have a electronic speedometer in my w123 chassis I would put my stock cluster back in tomorrow.

Mr_Robs
GT2256V

08-04-2014, 09:54 PM #2
Kind of bumping this from the dead, hoping for a reply.

So with this say you did a W210 OM606.962 into a W124, could you use the CAN2 module to get a W124 cluster to work with the swapped in motor? I want to modify the original cluster for a 200mph spedo, and 8k rpm tach and retain all normal functionality.

Cheers!
Mr_Robs
08-04-2014, 09:54 PM #2

Kind of bumping this from the dead, hoping for a reply.

So with this say you did a W210 OM606.962 into a W124, could you use the CAN2 module to get a W124 cluster to work with the swapped in motor? I want to modify the original cluster for a 200mph spedo, and 8k rpm tach and retain all normal functionality.

Cheers!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average