STD Tuning Drivetrain Clutch to the floor

Clutch to the floor

Clutch to the floor

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Purplecomputer
Slowness 220D

04-29-2014, 08:37 AM #1
hey guys,

So i looked this up and it seems like i need to replace the master and slave cylinders for the clutch.

I looked under the car and I wasnt really sure what I was looking at. The only place that is wet is on the driver side of the transmission. The passenger side seems to have the slave? clylinder. I also read the master clutch is located next to the actual pedal.

No hoses seem to be cracked.

any ideas? I need this car by tomorrow.

just some info. The clutch went soft when I was going from 2nd to 3rd while getting to highway speeds.

EDIT: The local auto parts store wanted $180 for both parts -_-
This post was last modified: 04-29-2014, 08:53 AM by Purplecomputer.
Purplecomputer
04-29-2014, 08:37 AM #1

hey guys,

So i looked this up and it seems like i need to replace the master and slave cylinders for the clutch.

I looked under the car and I wasnt really sure what I was looking at. The only place that is wet is on the driver side of the transmission. The passenger side seems to have the slave? clylinder. I also read the master clutch is located next to the actual pedal.

No hoses seem to be cracked.

any ideas? I need this car by tomorrow.

just some info. The clutch went soft when I was going from 2nd to 3rd while getting to highway speeds.

EDIT: The local auto parts store wanted $180 for both parts -_-

Mark_M
GT2559V

04-29-2014, 11:38 AM #2
Clamp the flexi hose as high as you can and see if you get a pedal. If you do then the master is probably ok and your problem is lower down. Clamp at the slave end of the hose and try again and so on. If you still have a pedal then its probably your slave. I have never seen both fail at the same time but its possible I suppose.

How old is the clutch? I have had a thrust bearing go through the diaphragm spring before. Felt like there was no pedal but it just had nothing to push against.

Have you actually lost fluid, checked the fluid?
This post was last modified: 04-29-2014, 11:41 AM by Mark_M.
Mark_M
04-29-2014, 11:38 AM #2

Clamp the flexi hose as high as you can and see if you get a pedal. If you do then the master is probably ok and your problem is lower down. Clamp at the slave end of the hose and try again and so on. If you still have a pedal then its probably your slave. I have never seen both fail at the same time but its possible I suppose.

How old is the clutch? I have had a thrust bearing go through the diaphragm spring before. Felt like there was no pedal but it just had nothing to push against.

Purplecomputer
Slowness 220D

04-29-2014, 12:44 PM #3
(04-29-2014, 11:38 AM)Mark_M Clamp the flexi hose as high as you can and see if you get a pedal. If you do then the master is probably ok and your problem is lower down. Clamp at the slave end of the hose and try again and so on. If you still have a pedal then its probably your slave. I have never seen both fail at the same time but its possible I suppose.

Turns out to be the master cylinder. Its leaking fluid from the top portion. Found this out right after I ordered the slave -_-

im going through autozone since they're about $3 more then rock auto and a little chepaer then autohausAZ and they can get it next day. Ive actually never had an issue with their duralast brand products

I might as well be proactive and change both now just to play it safe.
This post was last modified: 04-29-2014, 12:53 PM by Purplecomputer.
Purplecomputer
04-29-2014, 12:44 PM #3

(04-29-2014, 11:38 AM)Mark_M Clamp the flexi hose as high as you can and see if you get a pedal. If you do then the master is probably ok and your problem is lower down. Clamp at the slave end of the hose and try again and so on. If you still have a pedal then its probably your slave. I have never seen both fail at the same time but its possible I suppose.

Turns out to be the master cylinder. Its leaking fluid from the top portion. Found this out right after I ordered the slave -_-

im going through autozone since they're about $3 more then rock auto and a little chepaer then autohausAZ and they can get it next day. Ive actually never had an issue with their duralast brand products

I might as well be proactive and change both now just to play it safe.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average