STD Tuning Engine M pump camshaft questions

M pump camshaft questions

M pump camshaft questions

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

raysorenson
Superturbo

04-01-2014, 05:42 PM #1
How are some pump cams better than others? More lift?

Do the electronic pumps from the 605 and 606's have good cams? Could you just swap one of those into a low RSF# pump?
raysorenson
04-01-2014, 05:42 PM #1

How are some pump cams better than others? More lift?

Do the electronic pumps from the 605 and 606's have good cams? Could you just swap one of those into a low RSF# pump?

dieselmeken
Holset

04-02-2014, 12:47 AM #2
(04-01-2014, 05:42 PM)raysorenson How are some pump cams better than others? More lift?

No Not Moore lift, From RS number 174 & up, the duration is faster. No you cant use the Electronic pump camshaft, It does not have the cone for the governor weight.
dieselmeken
04-02-2014, 12:47 AM #2

(04-01-2014, 05:42 PM)raysorenson How are some pump cams better than others? More lift?

No Not Moore lift, From RS number 174 & up, the duration is faster. No you cant use the Electronic pump camshaft, It does not have the cone for the governor weight.

raysorenson
Superturbo

04-02-2014, 08:03 PM #3
Thanks for the info Goran. It looks like 157 is a common number for 6 cyl M pumps around here:-(
raysorenson
04-02-2014, 08:03 PM #3

Thanks for the info Goran. It looks like 157 is a common number for 6 cyl M pumps around here:-(

Mynä-Diesel
Naturally-aspirated

04-04-2014, 12:26 PM #4
There is no the cone but there is just so much the body so you can machine the cone to it. Couple of these kind of camshafts are made.
Mynä-Diesel
04-04-2014, 12:26 PM #4

There is no the cone but there is just so much the body so you can machine the cone to it. Couple of these kind of camshafts are made.

john
GTA2056V

04-07-2014, 12:08 PM #5
you should look for a 124 na as new as possibel. then i think you find the RS203. But is it that much better Goran?

Holset power!
john
04-07-2014, 12:08 PM #5

you should look for a 124 na as new as possibel. then i think you find the RS203. But is it that much better Goran?

Holset power!

barrote
Superturbo

04-13-2014, 03:52 PM #6
hy there ,
Ray i´m very sorry to post at your post with a dif question, is just maybe is of some help for some of us,
well the other day was at diesel shop from a friend of mine , fixing my IP and making some adjustments, and was searching after 100ml and plus wich everibody talks about and i couldn´t get even closer to that. the best i got in my m pump 6mm elements was 65ml.
well i was cheking at 100 strokes, is just that the diff or are your pumps really monsters pumps?
regards

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
04-13-2014, 03:52 PM #6

hy there ,
Ray i´m very sorry to post at your post with a dif question, is just maybe is of some help for some of us,
well the other day was at diesel shop from a friend of mine , fixing my IP and making some adjustments, and was searching after 100ml and plus wich everibody talks about and i couldn´t get even closer to that. the best i got in my m pump 6mm elements was 65ml.
well i was cheking at 100 strokes, is just that the diff or are your pumps really monsters pumps?
regards

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

dieselmeken
Holset

04-14-2014, 01:08 AM #7
Hi Maybee I can explain this for you. To M-serie there is 3 different 6mm elements
OM606 have 1418305554, nice 6 mm that can perform 90 cc easy but you need atleast 17-18 mm of racktravel
OM605 have 1418305553, same as 606
Then we have a bastard in the club, Its for a OM601.970, Vito 110D Pump number PES4M60/320RS185
This pump have a 6 mm 1418305552 that have a cut in the bottom that makes the total fuel stroke smaller, Max from that element is around 65-68cc
So my question to you is, what elements have you putted into your pump?
This post was last modified: 04-14-2014, 01:08 AM by dieselmeken.
dieselmeken
04-14-2014, 01:08 AM #7

Hi Maybee I can explain this for you. To M-serie there is 3 different 6mm elements
OM606 have 1418305554, nice 6 mm that can perform 90 cc easy but you need atleast 17-18 mm of racktravel
OM605 have 1418305553, same as 606
Then we have a bastard in the club, Its for a OM601.970, Vito 110D Pump number PES4M60/320RS185
This pump have a 6 mm 1418305552 that have a cut in the bottom that makes the total fuel stroke smaller, Max from that element is around 65-68cc
So my question to you is, what elements have you putted into your pump?

barrote
Superturbo

04-16-2014, 03:33 AM #8
hy there ,
thanks in advance , those that come in the electronic pump fitted in the 605.960.
any how we did not checked rack travel,
maybe we missed something in the ADA device , wich is someting that play in the system and we did not payed to much atention to it.
another question, may i swap the barometric compensator , to a boost compensator , in order to increase fuel with boost pressure?
or do i have to find another governor?
regards

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
04-16-2014, 03:33 AM #8

hy there ,
thanks in advance , those that come in the electronic pump fitted in the 605.960.
maybe we missed something in the ADA device , wich is someting that play in the system and we did not payed to much atention to it.
another question, may i swap the barometric compensator , to a boost compensator , in order to increase fuel with boost pressure?
regards

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

300SD_KY
super turbo diesel

04-16-2014, 09:51 AM #9
Goran, any recommendations for a "performance" cam for my 1979 300SD 617 Turbo Diesel?
300SD_KY
04-16-2014, 09:51 AM #9

Goran, any recommendations for a "performance" cam for my 1979 300SD 617 Turbo Diesel?

dieselmeken
Holset

04-16-2014, 12:11 PM #10
(04-16-2014, 03:33 AM)barrote hy there ,
regards
[/quote.
Yes you can put ALDA on it.Governor needs to be modified for longer racktravel, if not, you dont get full fuel out of it,

[quote='300SD_KY' pid='62993' dateline='1397659861']
No need for that, bigger elements does the work on 617engine
This post was last modified: 04-16-2014, 12:12 PM by dieselmeken.
dieselmeken
04-16-2014, 12:11 PM #10

(04-16-2014, 03:33 AM)barrote hy there ,
regards
[/quote.
Yes you can put ALDA on it.Governor needs to be modified for longer racktravel, if not, you dont get full fuel out of it,

[quote='300SD_KY' pid='62993' dateline='1397659861']
No need for that, bigger elements does the work on 617engine

barrote
Superturbo

04-16-2014, 01:34 PM #11
well,
thanks i just figured out this morning that the best way to go is to find a governor from a turbo engine and proceed from there.
unless my friend is wrong and we can replace the ADA by a ALDA directly, without dismantling the governor?
regards

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
04-16-2014, 01:34 PM #11

well,
thanks i just figured out this morning that the best way to go is to find a governor from a turbo engine and proceed from there.
unless my friend is wrong and we can replace the ADA by a ALDA directly, without dismantling the governor?
regards

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

Petar
7.5mm M pump

04-22-2014, 03:50 PM #12
The governors should be the same and i think ALDA and ADA are interchangeable. However ALDA does NOT add more fuel, it restricts fuel until it gets boost signal. Have you adjusted full load in the pump ?
This post was last modified: 04-22-2014, 03:50 PM by Petar.
Petar
04-22-2014, 03:50 PM #12

The governors should be the same and i think ALDA and ADA are interchangeable. However ALDA does NOT add more fuel, it restricts fuel until it gets boost signal. Have you adjusted full load in the pump ?

axel606
K26-2

04-22-2014, 04:07 PM #13
hi goran , i have recently bought an rs178 603 turbo pump so i am pleased to have a 'hot' pump to start with!.
can you please confirm one way or the other if you take an ADA off and fit an ALDA onto the pump does it operate correctly as an ALDA??
i was under the impression that there is a mechanism inside the pump that the n/a pumps do not have but the turbo pumps do??
many thanks as this will settle an argument over just fitting an ALDA onto a n/a pump.
axel606
04-22-2014, 04:07 PM #13

hi goran , i have recently bought an rs178 603 turbo pump so i am pleased to have a 'hot' pump to start with!.
can you please confirm one way or the other if you take an ADA off and fit an ALDA onto the pump does it operate correctly as an ALDA??
i was under the impression that there is a mechanism inside the pump that the n/a pumps do not have but the turbo pumps do??
many thanks as this will settle an argument over just fitting an ALDA onto a n/a pump.

barrote
Superturbo

04-23-2014, 05:34 PM #14
hello fine people,
well i dont know about things inside or outsider governor, what i know is ADA restrics fuel as a function of altitude, better said a barometric compensation device. ALDA restrics fuel without boost, and can cope with altitude changes as well.
another thing i know , is in a ADA pump is very hard and tirefull acessing and chaging the max rack position, comparing to what is to do it in a governor fitted with ALDA, and the reason is some electric damping device wich i dont know the name.
So, i have a ADA device wich will restrict fuel as altitude increase. To use it as a device to restrict fuel without boost i will use EGR system to control it. So vacum will be aplied to ADA device in order to simulate engine at altitude, when boost comes to live EGR will stop suplying vacum and engine will be at sea level, faking altitude change. otherwise pump is at full injection and black smoke will come out exaust, something i dont like.
anyhow wold be very interesting to know if i can change ADA device by a ALDA device just plug and play, that would avoid a lot of trial and error.
thanks

FD,