ALDA removal & refitting

ALDA removal & refitting

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Jambo
GTA2056V

03-30-2014, 03:55 AM #1
Hi Guys,
I need some advice.
I have refitted the mechanical IP on my OM606. The motor is still out of the vehicle. I now see that the access to two of the glowplugs is very compromised. One I can easily sort by removing the oilfilter housing, the other requires either the removal of the IP or removing the ALDA and refitting it.
I want to know: Can I remove and refit the ALDA or will I disturb settings done. Is the ALDA connected to anything inside the IP or is it just a rod that pushes on something?

Thanks in advance.
Jambo
03-30-2014, 03:55 AM #1

Hi Guys,
I need some advice.
I have refitted the mechanical IP on my OM606. The motor is still out of the vehicle. I now see that the access to two of the glowplugs is very compromised. One I can easily sort by removing the oilfilter housing, the other requires either the removal of the IP or removing the ALDA and refitting it.
I want to know: Can I remove and refit the ALDA or will I disturb settings done. Is the ALDA connected to anything inside the IP or is it just a rod that pushes on something?

Thanks in advance.

Druk
Holset

03-30-2014, 07:49 AM #2
The ALDA unscrews from the IP leaving just the rod protruding. It's not physically connected to anything. There may/may not be shims underneath which you should recover. Not sure about that though.
Druk
03-30-2014, 07:49 AM #2

The ALDA unscrews from the IP leaving just the rod protruding. It's not physically connected to anything. There may/may not be shims underneath which you should recover. Not sure about that though.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average