STD Tuning Engine Making a 240 go a littler faster.

Making a 240 go a littler faster.

Making a 240 go a littler faster.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

EuroDriver
Naturally-aspirated

10-01-2008, 10:23 AM #1
Other than regular service and keeping everything in spec is there a way to get a little more out of a 240. Would exhaust make a difference? I know I can change the injection timing to 26 degrees BTD, how much does that help? Does that effect mileage? Not wanting alot, just something to get me by until turbodiesel swap. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
EuroDriver
10-01-2008, 10:23 AM #1

Other than regular service and keeping everything in spec is there a way to get a little more out of a 240. Would exhaust make a difference? I know I can change the injection timing to 26 degrees BTD, how much does that help? Does that effect mileage? Not wanting alot, just something to get me by until turbodiesel swap. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

ForcedInduction
Banned

10-01-2008, 04:29 PM #2
The timing will help. The exhaust won't do much more than make it loud, its not very restrictive.

Depending on the year there will either be a throttle or a throat in the air cleaner assembly. Jamming open the throttle (after disconnecting its linkage) or cutting off that throat will allow more airflow into the intake.
ForcedInduction
10-01-2008, 04:29 PM #2

The timing will help. The exhaust won't do much more than make it loud, its not very restrictive.

Depending on the year there will either be a throttle or a throat in the air cleaner assembly. Jamming open the throttle (after disconnecting its linkage) or cutting off that throat will allow more airflow into the intake.

ForcedInduction
Banned

10-01-2008, 07:19 PM #3
Oh, you can also adjust the ADA on top of the injection pump. Loosen the locknut and turn the screw CCW until you see black smoke out the tailpipe when you floor the throttle from a dead stop.
ForcedInduction
10-01-2008, 07:19 PM #3

Oh, you can also adjust the ADA on top of the injection pump. Loosen the locknut and turn the screw CCW until you see black smoke out the tailpipe when you floor the throttle from a dead stop.

garage
Bush Taxi

04-29-2010, 11:03 PM #4
Old topic i know.

Forced, how far can you safely turn the screw until it screws out/breaks?
What is stopping the screw from coming out?
I thought i might have read that its braised in?
(10-01-2008, 07:19 PM)ForcedInduction Oh, you can also adjust the ADA on top of the injection pump. Loosen the locknut and turn the screw CCW until you see black smoke out the tailpipe when you floor the throttle from a dead stop.

1987 300D: EGR Delete, ARV Delete, Cold Air Intake...
garage
04-29-2010, 11:03 PM #4

Old topic i know.

Forced, how far can you safely turn the screw until it screws out/breaks?
What is stopping the screw from coming out?
I thought i might have read that its braised in?

(10-01-2008, 07:19 PM)ForcedInduction Oh, you can also adjust the ADA on top of the injection pump. Loosen the locknut and turn the screw CCW until you see black smoke out the tailpipe when you floor the throttle from a dead stop.

1987 300D: EGR Delete, ARV Delete, Cold Air Intake...

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average