STD Maintenance General New to forum just saying hi

New to forum just saying hi

New to forum just saying hi

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Stevo-trendy
K26-2

02-15-2014, 12:54 PM #1
Hi everyone just signed up been interested in diesel tuning for a while espically mercedes engines , currently drive a w202 250td om605 stock apart from egr delete & de cat with straight pipe May look into future ecu remap , picked the car up for £500 with only 101,000 miles [Image: image-6.jpg]

Also currently on the look out for a w201 2.5 manual only got the non turbo version in Britain so my plan is to remove it & mount a om662la engine from a musso , this should be a straight drop in apart from the turbo touching the steering box so may have to play around with the engine mounts . Any way look forward to reading & posting on some of the threads on here
Stevo-trendy
02-15-2014, 12:54 PM #1

Hi everyone just signed up been interested in diesel tuning for a while espically mercedes engines , currently drive a w202 250td om605 stock apart from egr delete & de cat with straight pipe May look into future ecu remap , picked the car up for £500 with only 101,000 miles [Image: image-6.jpg]

Also currently on the look out for a w201 2.5 manual only got the non turbo version in Britain so my plan is to remove it & mount a om662la engine from a musso , this should be a straight drop in apart from the turbo touching the steering box so may have to play around with the engine mounts . Any way look forward to reading & posting on some of the threads on here

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

02-15-2014, 07:28 PM #2
Sounds like a plan, welcome aboard!

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?
Simpler=Better
02-15-2014, 07:28 PM #2

Sounds like a plan, welcome aboard!

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?

Hario'
C300TD Wagon (W202)

02-16-2014, 06:34 AM #3
Hello,

I'm shopping for one of these at the moment, how is it for rust? I.e. rear arches, boot floor corners, jacking points, inner arches, etc.?
I have a w210 but it's rotten, they all are!

Also welcome to more power..

H

Installed:

OM606/722.6, big IC, W220 brakes.
Planned:
DIY manifold, compound, 722.6 controller, built IP.
[i]Less rust.. 
[/i]
Hario'
02-16-2014, 06:34 AM #3

Hello,

I'm shopping for one of these at the moment, how is it for rust? I.e. rear arches, boot floor corners, jacking points, inner arches, etc.?

H

Installed:

Planned:
[i]Less rust.. 
[/i]

Stevo-trendy
K26-2

02-16-2014, 06:48 AM #4
(02-16-2014, 06:34 AM)Hario Hello,

H

Mine is fine the previous owner had spent around £600 on new front wings , painting & had them sealed as well before I bought it , the rear arches will need treating this year to make them last , i blasted off the under side of the car when I got it & de greased it & undersealed it , there's a few little rust scabs starting but there not bad really , I haven't had the sill covers off yet to have a look but when I do they will be treated with waxoyl & I always cover the brake pipes with a bit of old engine oil when I've got it up on the ramp , if it was going to buy another I would buy a sport model & possibly the estate model as the space in them is unreal ! I looked at w210s first myself but this came up cheap so I went with it but I would love the om606 engines power
This post was last modified: 02-16-2014, 06:50 AM by Stevo-trendy.
Stevo-trendy
02-16-2014, 06:48 AM #4

(02-16-2014, 06:34 AM)Hario Hello,

H

Mine is fine the previous owner had spent around £600 on new front wings , painting & had them sealed as well before I bought it , the rear arches will need treating this year to make them last , i blasted off the under side of the car when I got it & de greased it & undersealed it , there's a few little rust scabs starting but there not bad really , I haven't had the sill covers off yet to have a look but when I do they will be treated with waxoyl & I always cover the brake pipes with a bit of old engine oil when I've got it up on the ramp , if it was going to buy another I would buy a sport model & possibly the estate model as the space in them is unreal ! I looked at w210s first myself but this came up cheap so I went with it but I would love the om606 engines power

Hario'
C300TD Wagon (W202)

02-16-2014, 08:00 AM #5
Yeah it's the monocoque corrosion rather than the removable panels that are the worry.
Everything you are saying is correct, definitely estate, I have a gallon of waxoil at the ready.

and an OM606 is a direct bolt in, the IP looms are identical, you would need the 6 cylinder glow relay and possibly the rad pack etc from a 3.2 6 cylinder petrol model (AMG?). Although the 605 does leave more room for big intercoolers, turbos, pipe work etc.

Keep us posted on the progress, there are several 250 td projects on the go here.

Installed:

Planned:
[i]Less rust.. 
[/i]
Hario'
02-16-2014, 08:00 AM #5

Yeah it's the monocoque corrosion rather than the removable panels that are the worry.
Everything you are saying is correct, definitely estate, I have a gallon of waxoil at the ready.

and an OM606 is a direct bolt in, the IP looms are identical, you would need the 6 cylinder glow relay and possibly the rad pack etc from a 3.2 6 cylinder petrol model (AMG?). Although the 605 does leave more room for big intercoolers, turbos, pipe work etc.

Keep us posted on the progress, there are several 250 td projects on the go here.

Installed:

Planned:
[i]Less rust.. 
[/i]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average