STD Tuning Engine Wanting to remove some vacuum lines on 87 300SDL

Wanting to remove some vacuum lines on 87 300SDL

Wanting to remove some vacuum lines on 87 300SDL

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

TurboTim
Holset

02-07-2014, 10:41 PM #1
I just picked up an 87 300SDL. What is the easiest way to remove vacuum lines. What do I need and what can I get rid of. I want to put a bigger turbo on and just want to clean up the engine bay and understand what some of this stuff does. A big part of these lines are cracked. So does the ALDA get boost to add fuel or is it vacuum. By the looks of the diagram it does see actual boost. What should I do and what shouldn't I do
TurboTim
02-07-2014, 10:41 PM #1

I just picked up an 87 300SDL. What is the easiest way to remove vacuum lines. What do I need and what can I get rid of. I want to put a bigger turbo on and just want to clean up the engine bay and understand what some of this stuff does. A big part of these lines are cracked. So does the ALDA get boost to add fuel or is it vacuum. By the looks of the diagram it does see actual boost. What should I do and what shouldn't I do

TurboTim
Holset

02-07-2014, 11:56 PM #2
So I removed the EGR stuff and the Air recirculating Valve stuff. I have 20 inchs of vacuum. Does this sound about right. Also there is a big vent coming from the passenger compartment does this need to be hooked up to anything or no? There is also that small valve that goes to the injector pump, should this be hooked up to anything?
TurboTim
02-07-2014, 11:56 PM #2

So I removed the EGR stuff and the Air recirculating Valve stuff. I have 20 inchs of vacuum. Does this sound about right. Also there is a big vent coming from the passenger compartment does this need to be hooked up to anything or no? There is also that small valve that goes to the injector pump, should this be hooked up to anything?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average