STD Tuning Drivetrain 722.6 no torque converter clutch lockup

722.6 no torque converter clutch lockup

722.6 no torque converter clutch lockup

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

raysorenson
Superturbo

12-31-2013, 01:19 PM #1
I'm 100% certain that the converter clutch does not lock up or partially lock up in my W210 under any conditions. There are no warning lights and no other symptoms.

Has anyone had this problem on a 722.6 before? Do the converter clutches wear out?
raysorenson
12-31-2013, 01:19 PM #1

I'm 100% certain that the converter clutch does not lock up or partially lock up in my W210 under any conditions. There are no warning lights and no other symptoms.

Has anyone had this problem on a 722.6 before? Do the converter clutches wear out?

DeliveryValve
Superturbo

12-31-2013, 02:19 PM #2
Yes, the clutch do wear out. But it can also be a solenoid problem in the valve body (perhaps an orifice is clogged) or the TCM is not functioning properly.

If it is the TCM, maybe you can do a factory reset.

http://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/14801...works.html

More info to sink your teeth on..

Gota love Mercedes Diesels!

DeliveryValve
12-31-2013, 02:19 PM #2

Yes, the clutch do wear out. But it can also be a solenoid problem in the valve body (perhaps an orifice is clogged) or the TCM is not functioning properly.

If it is the TCM, maybe you can do a factory reset.

http://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/14801...works.html

More info to sink your teeth on..

Gota love Mercedes Diesels!

raysorenson
Superturbo

12-31-2013, 04:20 PM #3
I saw that. Seems to be standard TCC solenoid operation procedure, regardless of manufacturer.

I'm wondering if the TCM will log a DTC when the TCC slips due to mechanical fault only. On Fords and other makes, TCC clutch slippage is monitored via engine RPM vs output shaft speed. It's a useful DTC.

Are TCM codes checked through the OBDII port? It's looking like it's time to replace my lost copy of EPC :-(
raysorenson
12-31-2013, 04:20 PM #3

I saw that. Seems to be standard TCC solenoid operation procedure, regardless of manufacturer.

I'm wondering if the TCM will log a DTC when the TCC slips due to mechanical fault only. On Fords and other makes, TCC clutch slippage is monitored via engine RPM vs output shaft speed. It's a useful DTC.

Are TCM codes checked through the OBDII port? It's looking like it's time to replace my lost copy of EPC :-(

Duncansport
Holset

12-31-2013, 06:11 PM #4
(12-31-2013, 04:20 PM)raysorenson I saw that. Seems to be standard TCC solenoid operation procedure, regardless of manufacturer.

.6's opperate the TCC as a slipping type of clutch. The TCC do wear out fairly often.... easy to diag by adaptation numbers
Duncansport
12-31-2013, 06:11 PM #4

(12-31-2013, 04:20 PM)raysorenson I saw that. Seems to be standard TCC solenoid operation procedure, regardless of manufacturer.

.6's opperate the TCC as a slipping type of clutch. The TCC do wear out fairly often.... easy to diag by adaptation numbers

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average