STD Other FS / WTB / Buying guides 1987 Mercedes 190D Turbo

1987 Mercedes 190D Turbo

1987 Mercedes 190D Turbo

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Jtn190D
MERCEDES DIESEL POWER!

12-24-2013, 01:42 PM #1
Hi all, so I’m selling my 190d.

Details: It’s a 1987 Mercedes 190D, with the om602 Turbo Diesel engine. I bought the car around 5 years ago with 201,000 miles, it now has 255,130.

I’ve done a lot of work to the car, but theres to much for me to fix at this point.

Work done:
-Glow plugs
-Injectors were rebuilt with new Monark nozzles
-Transmission was replaced with a junkyard one. It works, but flares in some gears. I think the vacuum is set right or something.
-Flex discs and drive shaft bearings.
-Front springs from a 400E.
-New Bilstean rear shocks.
-Rear bearings. Both left and right.
-Oil changed in rear diff.
-New tie rods.
-Steering stabilizer.
-New rear brake pads.
-Front engine seal.
-Block heater plug was added.
-New 2 inch exhaust from down pipe back.
-Intake manifold removed and professionally cleaned.
I’m sure theres more, just can’t think of it right now. Oil was changed every 7k with Mobil 5w-40 synthetic. Fuel and air were changed every 15k.

The bad:
-The drivers side of the car was repainted because a friend backed into the rear drivers side door. No structural damage, it just needed to be pulled out and we just repainted the whole side and did some rust work on the drivers side jack point.
-Rust, theres lots of rust as you will see in the pictures. (it’s been a NY car all its life I believe, which explains that)
-The only window that works is the moonroof. I’m not sure if its the window motors or switches.
-The radio does not work.
-Driver side seat sags.
-No front bumper.
-No AC. I took out the system because it didn’t work.
-Steering is slightly cocked, but doesn’t seem to affect anything.
I have rear 400E springs I never got around to installing and a 400E front sway bar. Plus a couple radios, and the old transmission.

I think I’ve listed everything wrong that I can think of. I’m sure there’s something I missed so I apologize beforehand.

The car is located in upstate NY about 30 mins south of Albany.

If interested PM me a offer and I’ll see what we can work out, I’m thinking around $1500 cash only.

Link to Pictures-https://picasaweb.google.com/107455333009162458699/Mercedes190D?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCMKuuOHf3KGYCQ&feat=directlink
Jtn190D
12-24-2013, 01:42 PM #1

Hi all, so I’m selling my 190d.

Details: It’s a 1987 Mercedes 190D, with the om602 Turbo Diesel engine. I bought the car around 5 years ago with 201,000 miles, it now has 255,130.

I’ve done a lot of work to the car, but theres to much for me to fix at this point.

Work done:
-Glow plugs
-Injectors were rebuilt with new Monark nozzles
-Transmission was replaced with a junkyard one. It works, but flares in some gears. I think the vacuum is set right or something.
-Flex discs and drive shaft bearings.
-Front springs from a 400E.
-New Bilstean rear shocks.
-Rear bearings. Both left and right.
-Oil changed in rear diff.
-New tie rods.
-Steering stabilizer.
-New rear brake pads.
-Front engine seal.
-Block heater plug was added.
-New 2 inch exhaust from down pipe back.
-Intake manifold removed and professionally cleaned.
I’m sure theres more, just can’t think of it right now. Oil was changed every 7k with Mobil 5w-40 synthetic. Fuel and air were changed every 15k.

The bad:
-The drivers side of the car was repainted because a friend backed into the rear drivers side door. No structural damage, it just needed to be pulled out and we just repainted the whole side and did some rust work on the drivers side jack point.
-Rust, theres lots of rust as you will see in the pictures. (it’s been a NY car all its life I believe, which explains that)
-The only window that works is the moonroof. I’m not sure if its the window motors or switches.
-The radio does not work.
-Driver side seat sags.
-No front bumper.
-No AC. I took out the system because it didn’t work.
-Steering is slightly cocked, but doesn’t seem to affect anything.
I have rear 400E springs I never got around to installing and a 400E front sway bar. Plus a couple radios, and the old transmission.

I think I’ve listed everything wrong that I can think of. I’m sure there’s something I missed so I apologize beforehand.

The car is located in upstate NY about 30 mins south of Albany.

If interested PM me a offer and I’ll see what we can work out, I’m thinking around $1500 cash only.

Link to Pictures-https://picasaweb.google.com/107455333009162458699/Mercedes190D?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCMKuuOHf3KGYCQ&feat=directlink

Jtn190D
MERCEDES DIESEL POWER!

01-20-2014, 11:48 AM #2
New price. $1000. Mods why can't I edit original post?
Jtn190D
01-20-2014, 11:48 AM #2

New price. $1000. Mods why can't I edit original post?

sassparilla_kid
diesel > all other fuels

01-23-2014, 07:57 PM #3
I would buy it tomorrow except its on the completely wrong side of the continent

-1982 300D Turbo, 280k miles, ALDA apparently maxxed, fram 8038, 12 lbs boost, non-egr manifolds, W/M injection, 4 brake light mod, Gen II w126 front rotors/calipers, 4-speed swap
In the works: A/W IC, adjust pump, turbo rebuild (w/60 trim comp wheel)
-1980 300SD, 110k, project car. Goal is to get it lookin' like it did on the showroom floor (body and interior wise, not necessarily under the hood )
-1974 240D, FRESH PAINT!!!!!!
sassparilla_kid
01-23-2014, 07:57 PM #3

I would buy it tomorrow except its on the completely wrong side of the continent

-1982 300D Turbo, 280k miles, ALDA apparently maxxed, fram 8038, 12 lbs boost, non-egr manifolds, W/M injection, 4 brake light mod, Gen II w126 front rotors/calipers, 4-speed swap
In the works: A/W IC, adjust pump, turbo rebuild (w/60 trim comp wheel)
-1980 300SD, 110k, project car. Goal is to get it lookin' like it did on the showroom floor (body and interior wise, not necessarily under the hood )
-1974 240D, FRESH PAINT!!!!!!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average