STD Maintenance General I've got vacuum problems

I've got vacuum problems

I've got vacuum problems

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

MFSuper90
Budget Builder

12-20-2013, 11:06 PM #1
As the title states, I got problems, like usual haha. The shutoff actuator is not getting enough vacuum to shut the engine off. It just started the other day after I advanced the timing. I'm wondering if a line didn't accidentilu get pulled off somewhere? I've checked the main vacuum line, so the pump is fine.

I went through it today and yanked off all that 3-2 switch crap to eliminate any leaks there. I also pulled the kick panel off and checked the lines going to the switch, they are fine. I can shut the car off with a syrenge with it going through the switch.

When I shut the car off, I can hear a leak in the booster, but if I plug lines off I can make it stop. I kinda isolated it between the trans line and some green line going into the cab.

I don't mess with vacuum much, I'm kinda lost. The only things that don't work are the fuel shutoff, and my heater only blows heat through the vents and defrost. Central vacuum to the door locks has never worked, and I don't care of it does honestly haha.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

'82 300D -3" straight pipe, ALDA deleted, 3in1 glowshift gauge, HX30, egr-less manifold, A/W intercooler Big Grin
'14 Ram 6.7l cummins -G56 handshaker, wishing it was deleted         
MFSuper90
12-20-2013, 11:06 PM #1

As the title states, I got problems, like usual haha. The shutoff actuator is not getting enough vacuum to shut the engine off. It just started the other day after I advanced the timing. I'm wondering if a line didn't accidentilu get pulled off somewhere? I've checked the main vacuum line, so the pump is fine.

I went through it today and yanked off all that 3-2 switch crap to eliminate any leaks there. I also pulled the kick panel off and checked the lines going to the switch, they are fine. I can shut the car off with a syrenge with it going through the switch.

When I shut the car off, I can hear a leak in the booster, but if I plug lines off I can make it stop. I kinda isolated it between the trans line and some green line going into the cab.

I don't mess with vacuum much, I'm kinda lost. The only things that don't work are the fuel shutoff, and my heater only blows heat through the vents and defrost. Central vacuum to the door locks has never worked, and I don't care of it does honestly haha.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

'82 300D -3" straight pipe, ALDA deleted, 3in1 glowshift gauge, HX30, egr-less manifold, A/W intercooler Big Grin

MFSuper90
Budget Builder

12-21-2013, 08:25 AM #2
Holy moly! I priced a new vacuum shutoff for the pump, $150?!?! what the ****. Mine slowly leaks off when you put vacuum on it, so I thought I might just get a new one, well that idea kinda went out the door.

MFSuper90
12-21-2013, 08:25 AM #2

Holy moly! I priced a new vacuum shutoff for the pump, $150?!?! what the ****. Mine slowly leaks off when you put vacuum on it, so I thought I might just get a new one, well that idea kinda went out the door.

MFSuper90
Budget Builder

12-23-2013, 12:21 PM #3
Nobody?

A diagram, some insight, anything?
All I got is a Haynes manual and it tells me absolutely nothing.

MFSuper90
12-23-2013, 12:21 PM #3

Nobody?

A diagram, some insight, anything?
All I got is a Haynes manual and it tells me absolutely nothing.

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

12-23-2013, 01:33 PM #4
Good luck with the dash stuff. I zip tied my floors open 1/3, defrost open 1/3, and round blowers 1/3. Deleted the centers.

If your pod is busted, then you need a good used one from the junkyard. For the short term run vac line & a syringe inside the cabin.

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?
Simpler=Better
12-23-2013, 01:33 PM #4

Good luck with the dash stuff. I zip tied my floors open 1/3, defrost open 1/3, and round blowers 1/3. Deleted the centers.

If your pod is busted, then you need a good used one from the junkyard. For the short term run vac line & a syringe inside the cabin.

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?

Jooseppi Luna
Certified Nut

12-23-2013, 06:35 PM #5
I recommend the Kenmore Progressive:

[Image: Kenmore.jpg]

We used to own one. It never had any trouble shutting down. Running? Yeah. But shutting down? No.

-Jooseppi

1982 300SD -- 211k, Texas car, tranny issues

1979 240D 4-speed 234k -- turbo and tuned IP, third world taxi hot rod Big Grin .  Given to me by JB3, who got it from purplecomputer.

Some blasphemous vehicles in the fleet as well -- 2004 Corolla 5-speed and 1994 Buick Century

2 Samuel 12:13: "David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the Lord.” And Nathan said to David, “The Lord also has put away your sin; you shall not die."
Jooseppi Luna
12-23-2013, 06:35 PM #5

I recommend the Kenmore Progressive:

[Image: Kenmore.jpg]

We used to own one. It never had any trouble shutting down. Running? Yeah. But shutting down? No.

-Jooseppi

1982 300SD -- 211k, Texas car, tranny issues

1979 240D 4-speed 234k -- turbo and tuned IP, third world taxi hot rod Big Grin .  Given to me by JB3, who got it from purplecomputer.

Some blasphemous vehicles in the fleet as well -- 2004 Corolla 5-speed and 1994 Buick Century

2 Samuel 12:13: "David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the Lord.” And Nathan said to David, “The Lord also has put away your sin; you shall not die."

MFSuper90
Budget Builder

12-23-2013, 08:37 PM #6
That's a pretty good idea with just wiring the pods open a little bit. Do you know whether the vacuum is suppose to goin the top of the VCV or the side?

And Jooseppi, I thought about just putting a powerstroke sticker on it, then it would suck again.

MFSuper90
12-23-2013, 08:37 PM #6

That's a pretty good idea with just wiring the pods open a little bit. Do you know whether the vacuum is suppose to goin the top of the VCV or the side?

And Jooseppi, I thought about just putting a powerstroke sticker on it, then it would suck again.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average