STD Tuning Engine Just picked up an OM602 TD, looking for some info.

Just picked up an OM602 TD, looking for some info.

Just picked up an OM602 TD, looking for some info.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Everybodyghost
Naturally-aspirated

12-08-2013, 06:47 PM #1
As the title states, I recently bought an OM602 2.5 TD at a great price. I'm going to stick it in the back of the garage and start planning out my project. I've got some questions before I start buying anything or setting anything into stone.

Here goes:

1. Is the twin cam OM605 head a direct swap onto the 602 short block?

2. What are the limits of the 602 IP and stock internals? Are there Ip modifications that aren't terribly dificult?

3. I've heard it's possible to run these mechanically, without the EMS. Has anyone around here done and documented this?

4. Which stock, manual MB transmissions are bolt ins for the 602?

I'd like to build 200 reliable horses, for reference.

Thanks!
Everybodyghost
12-08-2013, 06:47 PM #1

As the title states, I recently bought an OM602 2.5 TD at a great price. I'm going to stick it in the back of the garage and start planning out my project. I've got some questions before I start buying anything or setting anything into stone.

Here goes:

1. Is the twin cam OM605 head a direct swap onto the 602 short block?

2. What are the limits of the 602 IP and stock internals? Are there Ip modifications that aren't terribly dificult?

3. I've heard it's possible to run these mechanically, without the EMS. Has anyone around here done and documented this?

4. Which stock, manual MB transmissions are bolt ins for the 602?

I'd like to build 200 reliable horses, for reference.

Thanks!

raysorenson
Superturbo

12-09-2013, 11:02 AM #2
1: Probably, but you'll need different pistons. Turbo pistons are very expensive. The 605 never made it to the states.
3: The only parameter that's electronic is idle speed. They will still idle with this disabled.
4: Check the manual trans info sticky in drivetrain.

Duncansport's 602 build thread http://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/Thre...300D--4514
raysorenson
12-09-2013, 11:02 AM #2

1: Probably, but you'll need different pistons. Turbo pistons are very expensive. The 605 never made it to the states.
3: The only parameter that's electronic is idle speed. They will still idle with this disabled.
4: Check the manual trans info sticky in drivetrain.

Duncansport's 602 build thread http://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/Thre...300D--4514

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average