STD Tuning Engine 605 inlet drawing

605 inlet drawing

605 inlet drawing

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mark_M
GT2559V

12-07-2013, 02:31 PM #1
Does anybody have an accurate drawing of the inlet ports and bolt locations for a 605 or even a 606? Would save me a good few hours of measuring and drawing of someone would be kind enough Big Grin .
This post was last modified: 12-07-2013, 02:31 PM by Mark_M.
Mark_M
12-07-2013, 02:31 PM #1

Does anybody have an accurate drawing of the inlet ports and bolt locations for a 605 or even a 606? Would save me a good few hours of measuring and drawing of someone would be kind enough Big Grin .

axel606
K26-2

12-07-2013, 02:40 PM #2
(12-07-2013, 02:31 PM)Mark_M Does anybody have an accurate drawing of the inlet ports and bolt locations for a 605 or even a 606? Would save me a good few hours of measuring and drawing of someone would be kind enough Big Grin .

mark ,very simple just buy a 606a inlet gasket (snip the last 2 ports off to make a 605a template) i have just had a 25 mm thick adapter made to my design to allow me to run a cut down 606a inlet manifold on a 605a so i can use the alloy manifold not the plastic 605 unit / so i can blow up in to the manifold a la 606a.
the gasket gives you all the hole centers etc / the 606 and 605 are the same motors +/- 1 cylinder and share all the same hole centers etc / inlet gasket is about £12-15 .
axel606
12-07-2013, 02:40 PM #2

(12-07-2013, 02:31 PM)Mark_M Does anybody have an accurate drawing of the inlet ports and bolt locations for a 605 or even a 606? Would save me a good few hours of measuring and drawing of someone would be kind enough Big Grin .

mark ,very simple just buy a 606a inlet gasket (snip the last 2 ports off to make a 605a template) i have just had a 25 mm thick adapter made to my design to allow me to run a cut down 606a inlet manifold on a 605a so i can use the alloy manifold not the plastic 605 unit / so i can blow up in to the manifold a la 606a.
the gasket gives you all the hole centers etc / the 606 and 605 are the same motors +/- 1 cylinder and share all the same hole centers etc / inlet gasket is about £12-15 .

Mark_M
GT2559V

12-08-2013, 08:11 PM #3
Sounds like your doing the same as me, making a modified 606 manifold fit a 605. Having a gasket doesn't really help though as I still have to do all the measuring which I can do directly off the head. It was just a thought, if someone had a drawing it would save a bit of time but it doesn't look like anybody has.

What material are you making the adapter from out if interest? I was going to go for plastic as it would act as a heat barrier but choosing one that can take the heat limites the choices down a lot.
Mark_M
12-08-2013, 08:11 PM #3

Sounds like your doing the same as me, making a modified 606 manifold fit a 605. Having a gasket doesn't really help though as I still have to do all the measuring which I can do directly off the head. It was just a thought, if someone had a drawing it would save a bit of time but it doesn't look like anybody has.

What material are you making the adapter from out if interest? I was going to go for plastic as it would act as a heat barrier but choosing one that can take the heat limites the choices down a lot.

axel606
K26-2

12-08-2013, 09:53 PM #4
(12-08-2013, 08:11 PM)Mark_M Sounds like your doing the same as me, making a modified 606 manifold fit a 605. Having a gasket doesn't really help though as I still have to do all the measuring which I can do directly off the head. It was just a thought, if someone had a drawing it would save a bit of time but it doesn't look like anybody has.

it is made already , it is a high grade alloy (ali) ,the company that made it has the programme saved on their cnc machining center, so more can be produced. they took all the dimensions from the gasket /it fits perfectly.
i am doing just that, fitting the 606 inlet manifold onto the 605 ,the adapter is a thing of beauty it passes the test of looking too good to use!
obviously you have found that the manifold hits the oil filter housing ,the adapter needs to be 25 mm thick to make it miss the housing .
This post was last modified: 12-08-2013, 09:55 PM by axel606.
axel606
12-08-2013, 09:53 PM #4

(12-08-2013, 08:11 PM)Mark_M Sounds like your doing the same as me, making a modified 606 manifold fit a 605. Having a gasket doesn't really help though as I still have to do all the measuring which I can do directly off the head. It was just a thought, if someone had a drawing it would save a bit of time but it doesn't look like anybody has.

it is made already , it is a high grade alloy (ali) ,the company that made it has the programme saved on their cnc machining center, so more can be produced. they took all the dimensions from the gasket /it fits perfectly.
i am doing just that, fitting the 606 inlet manifold onto the 605 ,the adapter is a thing of beauty it passes the test of looking too good to use!
obviously you have found that the manifold hits the oil filter housing ,the adapter needs to be 25 mm thick to make it miss the housing .

EDH_Performance
Holset

12-09-2013, 05:21 AM #5
why not run with the stock turbo plastic 605 intake?
It can hold more pressure than you thinkWink
EDH_Performance
12-09-2013, 05:21 AM #5

why not run with the stock turbo plastic 605 intake?

axel606
K26-2

12-09-2013, 05:51 AM #6
(12-09-2013, 05:21 AM)EDH_Performance why not run with the stock turbo plastic 605 intake?

hi EDH, the plastic manifold has an awkward entry for the boosted air /unlike the 606a unit that has the entrance underneath / also being alloy i can drill and tap etc the casting webs to fix the throttle linkage and also holesaw the web above the alda so i can adjust it without taking the manifold off/ it is also alot more pleasing to the eye being ali and it can be powder coated / not to mention more sturdy / the plastic manifold does look a bit 'low rent' compared to the alloy unit / i want to avoid having to use the tight radius silicone hose to get the pipe to go downwards / i have put a 605 a in to a g wagen before and the inlet never really looked 'factory' whatever i did /so i am going to do the 606 cut down as it will look pretty and power effective and will confuse the hell out of bonnet lookers as it will look like a 606a -but shorter! i will post a picture of my setup.
axel606
12-09-2013, 05:51 AM #6

(12-09-2013, 05:21 AM)EDH_Performance why not run with the stock turbo plastic 605 intake?

hi EDH, the plastic manifold has an awkward entry for the boosted air /unlike the 606a unit that has the entrance underneath / also being alloy i can drill and tap etc the casting webs to fix the throttle linkage and also holesaw the web above the alda so i can adjust it without taking the manifold off/ it is also alot more pleasing to the eye being ali and it can be powder coated / not to mention more sturdy / the plastic manifold does look a bit 'low rent' compared to the alloy unit / i want to avoid having to use the tight radius silicone hose to get the pipe to go downwards / i have put a 605 a in to a g wagen before and the inlet never really looked 'factory' whatever i did /so i am going to do the 606 cut down as it will look pretty and power effective and will confuse the hell out of bonnet lookers as it will look like a 606a -but shorter! i will post a picture of my setup.

axel606
K26-2

12-09-2013, 04:34 PM #7
here goes ..    
alloy adapter which is copied from the cut down 606a gasket and made 25mm thick to get the cut down 606a inlet manifold to clear the oil filter housing. hope this helps / hence no dimensions required just copy the gasket dimensions.
axel606
12-09-2013, 04:34 PM #7

here goes ..    
alloy adapter which is copied from the cut down 606a gasket and made 25mm thick to get the cut down 606a inlet manifold to clear the oil filter housing. hope this helps / hence no dimensions required just copy the gasket dimensions.

Mark_M
GT2559V

12-09-2013, 08:03 PM #8
In my case I have plenty room for the oil filter and my repositioned alternator which is now where the fuel filter used to be. I didn't just cut the last runner off I cut one of the middle ones out so I still have the bends front and back. I only need the spacer so that the injector lines have somewhere to run in the same way as they do with the 605 manifold. I could remake all the lines and reroute them but for me its probably easier and cheaper to space it off. I could also just make holes in the inlet flange and run them through there but I think it would look neater with a spacer. I just started looking at it on Saturday and didn't have a lot of time at it. I might have a brain storm and a better way this weekend.

EDH, The plastic inlet doesn't fit in the car and with it being plastic I can't cut and weld it to where it will fit. With the alloy one I have cut almost half of it away and I am welding a new plenum onto it so it fits the engine bay. I also have the same problem as Axel606 in that the over the engine/top inlet just won't work out so I need to relocate that. In my case it will enter from the front.
Mark_M
12-09-2013, 08:03 PM #8

In my case I have plenty room for the oil filter and my repositioned alternator which is now where the fuel filter used to be. I didn't just cut the last runner off I cut one of the middle ones out so I still have the bends front and back. I only need the spacer so that the injector lines have somewhere to run in the same way as they do with the 605 manifold. I could remake all the lines and reroute them but for me its probably easier and cheaper to space it off. I could also just make holes in the inlet flange and run them through there but I think it would look neater with a spacer. I just started looking at it on Saturday and didn't have a lot of time at it. I might have a brain storm and a better way this weekend.

EDH, The plastic inlet doesn't fit in the car and with it being plastic I can't cut and weld it to where it will fit. With the alloy one I have cut almost half of it away and I am welding a new plenum onto it so it fits the engine bay. I also have the same problem as Axel606 in that the over the engine/top inlet just won't work out so I need to relocate that. In my case it will enter from the front.

EDH_Performance
Holset

12-10-2013, 07:34 AM #9
A cut down 606 is the best solution yesBig Grin
I run 2.5 bars on the stock turbo plastic intake, and i made a nice steel pipegate, works nice for a daily driver...
EDH_Performance
12-10-2013, 07:34 AM #9

A cut down 606 is the best solution yesBig Grin
I run 2.5 bars on the stock turbo plastic intake, and i made a nice steel pipegate, works nice for a daily driver...

Druk
Holset

12-10-2013, 09:14 AM #10
(12-09-2013, 04:34 PM)axel606 here goes ..

Mike...hope that's not the .962 metal gasket? The .910 compound gasket works as good and doesn't need renewed everytime cos it's gotten crushed.

This post was last modified: 12-10-2013, 09:15 AM by Druk.
Druk
12-10-2013, 09:14 AM #10

(12-09-2013, 04:34 PM)axel606 here goes ..

Mike...hope that's not the .962 metal gasket? The .910 compound gasket works as good and doesn't need renewed everytime cos it's gotten crushed.

Mark_M
GT2559V

12-10-2013, 12:54 PM #11
I am planning on cutting grooves for o-rings on mine, same way the 605 is done. No gaskets required and only a little bit of extra work Cool
Mark_M
12-10-2013, 12:54 PM #11

I am planning on cutting grooves for o-rings on mine, same way the 605 is done. No gaskets required and only a little bit of extra work Cool

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average