STD Tuning Engine Cam chain and sprocet for Superturbo 606

Cam chain and sprocet for Superturbo 606

Cam chain and sprocet for Superturbo 606

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

TurboAlex
"Mom, i have a STD"

09-25-2013, 08:20 AM #1
I just bought a MPR R6164 turbo, a 716 643 tranny, 8mm 180cc Dieselmeken pump and om604 flywheel. But now i wonder what to do with the cam chain and sprocet because the engiene have lived for 151 000miles/230 000 km and now i have gone from 15kg valvesprings to 35kg valvesprings thanks to EHD Prefromance and KM Cams.

I my head the increaced wear du to bigger turbo and stiffer springs will wear the cams and chain faster and maby break it prematurely. Do you guys think i choud change chain and sprocets??? Or just leave it and just change the headgasket?

(I payed less for the engine that a quote from local MB parts dealer on gasket, chain and tensioner and sprocets)
Regards Alex
TurboAlex
09-25-2013, 08:20 AM #1

I just bought a MPR R6164 turbo, a 716 643 tranny, 8mm 180cc Dieselmeken pump and om604 flywheel. But now i wonder what to do with the cam chain and sprocet because the engiene have lived for 151 000miles/230 000 km and now i have gone from 15kg valvesprings to 35kg valvesprings thanks to EHD Prefromance and KM Cams.

I my head the increaced wear du to bigger turbo and stiffer springs will wear the cams and chain faster and maby break it prematurely. Do you guys think i choud change chain and sprocets??? Or just leave it and just change the headgasket?

(I payed less for the engine that a quote from local MB parts dealer on gasket, chain and tensioner and sprocets)
Regards Alex

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

09-25-2013, 08:32 AM #2
I have seen some builders drill in a second roll pin on the cam sprocket, so that it's not just the single little key holding the sprocket to the cam.

Other guys will have more advice though

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?
Simpler=Better
09-25-2013, 08:32 AM #2

I have seen some builders drill in a second roll pin on the cam sprocket, so that it's not just the single little key holding the sprocket to the cam.

Other guys will have more advice though

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average