STD Other Open FML.....Rear Ended

FML.....Rear Ended

FML.....Rear Ended

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

SWL300SDL
300SDL Super Turbo / Prius Killer

09-23-2013, 10:26 PM #1
Angry So a really really old man decided to rear end my 300SDL today. His reason you ask.... His foot accidentally slipped off the brake and hit the gas pedal. Oh did I mention he jumped across a turning lane into my lane to plow into the back of me. FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Angry

Sorry just wanted to vent. Its off to the body shop tomorrow morning for repairs though. Thank god no major damage.

1987 Mercedes 300SDL Super Turbo Restore/Project
SWL300SDL
09-23-2013, 10:26 PM #1

Angry So a really really old man decided to rear end my 300SDL today. His reason you ask.... His foot accidentally slipped off the brake and hit the gas pedal. Oh did I mention he jumped across a turning lane into my lane to plow into the back of me. FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Angry

Sorry just wanted to vent. Its off to the body shop tomorrow morning for repairs though. Thank god no major damage.

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

09-24-2013, 08:15 AM #2
(09-23-2013, 10:26 PM)SWL300SDL Angry So a really really old man decided to rear end my 300SDL today. His reason you ask.... His foot accidentally slipped off the brake and hit the gas pedal. Oh did I mention he jumped across a turning lane into my lane to plow into the back of me. FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Angry

Sucks man. Old folks are terrifying on the road.

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?
Simpler=Better
09-24-2013, 08:15 AM #2

(09-23-2013, 10:26 PM)SWL300SDL Angry So a really really old man decided to rear end my 300SDL today. His reason you ask.... His foot accidentally slipped off the brake and hit the gas pedal. Oh did I mention he jumped across a turning lane into my lane to plow into the back of me. FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Angry

Sucks man. Old folks are terrifying on the road.

larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?

sassparilla_kid
diesel > all other fuels

09-26-2013, 01:28 AM #3
He must have been standing on the brake to be catapulted forward by the sudden slip onto the accelerator

-1982 300D Turbo, 280k miles, ALDA apparently maxxed, fram 8038, 12 lbs boost, non-egr manifolds, W/M injection, 4 brake light mod, Gen II w126 front rotors/calipers, 4-speed swap
In the works: A/W IC, adjust pump, turbo rebuild (w/60 trim comp wheel)
-1980 300SD, 110k, project car. Goal is to get it lookin' like it did on the showroom floor (body and interior wise, not necessarily under the hood )
-1974 240D, FRESH PAINT!!!!!!
sassparilla_kid
09-26-2013, 01:28 AM #3

He must have been standing on the brake to be catapulted forward by the sudden slip onto the accelerator

-1982 300D Turbo, 280k miles, ALDA apparently maxxed, fram 8038, 12 lbs boost, non-egr manifolds, W/M injection, 4 brake light mod, Gen II w126 front rotors/calipers, 4-speed swap
In the works: A/W IC, adjust pump, turbo rebuild (w/60 trim comp wheel)
-1980 300SD, 110k, project car. Goal is to get it lookin' like it did on the showroom floor (body and interior wise, not necessarily under the hood )
-1974 240D, FRESH PAINT!!!!!!

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

09-26-2013, 07:56 AM #4
(09-26-2013, 01:28 AM)sassparilla_kid He must have been standing on the brake to be catapulted forward by the sudden slip onto the accelerator

Bullshit. He didn't know the difference and just gunned it. $5 says there was never any brake pedal action.

My Grandmother used to race stock cars growing up (in the 50s) and loved driving. When she started to lose feeling in her feet she gave my Brother her car, because she didn't want to hurt anyone. Much respect for that move.

Simpler=Better
09-26-2013, 07:56 AM #4

(09-26-2013, 01:28 AM)sassparilla_kid He must have been standing on the brake to be catapulted forward by the sudden slip onto the accelerator

Bullshit. He didn't know the difference and just gunned it. $5 says there was never any brake pedal action.

My Grandmother used to race stock cars growing up (in the 50s) and loved driving. When she started to lose feeling in her feet she gave my Brother her car, because she didn't want to hurt anyone. Much respect for that move.

JB3
Superturbo

09-26-2013, 08:21 AM #5
any pics of what he did?

IMO once past a certain age, I think it makes sense that instead of easy renewals, instead of a renewal, you go for a drivers test. I don't think I would have a problem with that at that age, what with how many older people on the road are a danger to others and themselves.

Last year my 90+ year old grandmother who only drives in the daytime hit my parked work van as she was trying to drive by it. Her toyota highlander lost that little altercation, but she admitted that her sense of depth perception was off, she had no idea how big those highlanders actually are, and her reaction speed was slow, so before she hit the brake, the rear bumper of my van had popped out and smashed her fog light and ruined the front fender on the highlander

1974 240D 617 turbo swap, W201 5-speed, in the works project
1983 240D 616 stock, DD
1989 Chevy Astro, 617 turbo swap, T5 5-speed, 4.56 diff, work van

JB3
09-26-2013, 08:21 AM #5

any pics of what he did?

IMO once past a certain age, I think it makes sense that instead of easy renewals, instead of a renewal, you go for a drivers test. I don't think I would have a problem with that at that age, what with how many older people on the road are a danger to others and themselves.

Last year my 90+ year old grandmother who only drives in the daytime hit my parked work van as she was trying to drive by it. Her toyota highlander lost that little altercation, but she admitted that her sense of depth perception was off, she had no idea how big those highlanders actually are, and her reaction speed was slow, so before she hit the brake, the rear bumper of my van had popped out and smashed her fog light and ruined the front fender on the highlander

1974 240D 617 turbo swap, W201 5-speed, in the works project
1983 240D 616 stock, DD
1989 Chevy Astro, 617 turbo swap, T5 5-speed, 4.56 diff, work van

SWL300SDL
300SDL Super Turbo / Prius Killer

09-28-2013, 01:15 AM #6
Ya I have some pics. I get them up here soon. Overall visually it doesn't look that bad. Just need a new bumper, brackets, etc. Insurance is taking care of it thank god.

SWL300SDL
09-28-2013, 01:15 AM #6

Ya I have some pics. I get them up here soon. Overall visually it doesn't look that bad. Just need a new bumper, brackets, etc. Insurance is taking care of it thank god.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average