STD Maintenance General my solution electronic Speedometer

my solution electronic Speedometer

my solution electronic Speedometer

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

09-16-2013, 12:53 PM #1
Due to many request I share here my experience for all

I have searched long and then I found a box called SpeedoHealer V2. normally used for motorcycles.

I absolutely wanted to read the speed of an original speedometer and not the phone or navigation device.

the 6 speed transmission have no sensor for speed. only for the reverse gear.

i got a speedometer of a w124 500e (all V8 have electic signal)

the box from www

and then i testet some signals from ABS it dont work. finaly the signal from my diff with asd has a sensor that makes the tach work but absolutly false. i remember about 50kmh was about 150on tach Smile

so then the box can be adjustet verry nice from 99% + and - from the signal of the diff. at least i was on about -77% from the navigation i testet. the box can save 2 different programms (other tires ore some stuff) and have a automatic save of the maximum signal. (v max save)

sorry for the bad foto its under the backseat

red 12v to box
black is gnd from box
white and green is input and output (long ago i dont know what is in/out)

brown comes from diff with a second that makes the signal goes into the box and comes out and i go to the front to my speedo.

at back of the 500e tach there schould be a 3 pin plug. my 300d has in stock there a 2 pin plug. its only + and - .. i destroy the plastik from the stock plug to fit the 2 pins. the upper 3rd pin is the signal in (that i have from my box came out)

every gearbox,diff.tires can be fitted because the box have so big cheating range Smile

hope i could help someone.

mfg
hans
hansebanger77
09-16-2013, 12:53 PM #1

Due to many request I share here my experience for all

I have searched long and then I found a box called SpeedoHealer V2. normally used for motorcycles.

I absolutely wanted to read the speed of an original speedometer and not the phone or navigation device.

the 6 speed transmission have no sensor for speed. only for the reverse gear.

i got a speedometer of a w124 500e (all V8 have electic signal)

the box from www

and then i testet some signals from ABS it dont work. finaly the signal from my diff with asd has a sensor that makes the tach work but absolutly false. i remember about 50kmh was about 150on tach Smile

so then the box can be adjustet verry nice from 99% + and - from the signal of the diff. at least i was on about -77% from the navigation i testet. the box can save 2 different programms (other tires ore some stuff) and have a automatic save of the maximum signal. (v max save)

sorry for the bad foto its under the backseat

red 12v to box
black is gnd from box
white and green is input and output (long ago i dont know what is in/out)

brown comes from diff with a second that makes the signal goes into the box and comes out and i go to the front to my speedo.

at back of the 500e tach there schould be a 3 pin plug. my 300d has in stock there a 2 pin plug. its only + and - .. i destroy the plastik from the stock plug to fit the 2 pins. the upper 3rd pin is the signal in (that i have from my box came out)

every gearbox,diff.tires can be fitted because the box have so big cheating range Smile

hope i could help someone.

mfg
hans

maxypriest
Holset

09-17-2013, 07:23 AM #2
Thankyou for that Hans. Looks like i'll need to try and find a 400/500E instrument cluster!

W124 om606 HX40 finished and it's a beauty 450bhp/456ft-lbs
maxypriest
09-17-2013, 07:23 AM #2

Thankyou for that Hans. Looks like i'll need to try and find a 400/500E instrument cluster!

W124 om606 HX40 finished and it's a beauty 450bhp/456ft-lbs

09-17-2013, 11:15 AM #3
Yes hard to find. I swap only the speedo in the middle. The rpm and other stuff stay 300d.
hansebanger77
09-17-2013, 11:15 AM #3

Yes hard to find. I swap only the speedo in the middle. The rpm and other stuff stay 300d.

Jambo
GTA2056V

09-17-2013, 11:45 PM #4
Great to know thanks.
Jambo
09-17-2013, 11:45 PM #4

Great to know thanks.

HaavardPYA
GT2559V

09-21-2013, 10:40 AM #5
Nice thread! I will be doing the same thing. But do you think the new v4 version will work the same way? Cant find any v2 for sale..

http://www.xtsportbikeaccessories.com/Sp...lTech.html

And how does the ASD lamp work from gas(500e) to diesel(300d)?
This post was last modified: 09-21-2013, 10:55 AM by HaavardPYA.
HaavardPYA
09-21-2013, 10:40 AM #5

Nice thread! I will be doing the same thing. But do you think the new v4 version will work the same way? Cant find any v2 for sale..

http://www.xtsportbikeaccessories.com/Sp...lTech.html

09-22-2013, 04:46 AM #6
I think it's the same thing
hansebanger77
09-22-2013, 04:46 AM #6

I think it's the same thing

HaavardPYA
GT2559V

09-22-2013, 10:09 AM #7
HaavardPYA
09-22-2013, 10:09 AM #7

JoeB
TA 0301

10-14-2016, 12:30 PM #8
Thelink posted above goes direct to phishing site.

The manufacturer is healtech. Below are their distributors globally.

https://www.healtech-electronics.com/whe...beb586f44e

I cant see why it cannot be used with abs sensor... not many asd differentials out there.
JoeB
10-14-2016, 12:30 PM #8

Thelink posted above goes direct to phishing site.

The manufacturer is healtech. Below are their distributors globally.

https://www.healtech-electronics.com/whe...beb586f44e

I cant see why it cannot be used with abs sensor... not many asd differentials out there.

firen456
TA 0301

11-10-2016, 08:56 AM #9
You can use it with abs sensor if you convert the signal from the vr sensor to a square signal. I did this with a lm1815. You can also buy the speedohealer V4-2W which is special designed for 2-wire vr-sensors, such as abs sensors.
firen456
11-10-2016, 08:56 AM #9

You can use it with abs sensor if you convert the signal from the vr sensor to a square signal. I did this with a lm1815. You can also buy the speedohealer V4-2W which is special designed for 2-wire vr-sensors, such as abs sensors.

JoeB
TA 0301

11-10-2016, 05:22 PM #10
I have the V4 speedohealer, purchased some time ago. I haven't yet fitted it to my c124, as I'm making modifications to the instrument cluster itself. I'll update the thread with info once completed.
JoeB
11-10-2016, 05:22 PM #10

I have the V4 speedohealer, purchased some time ago. I haven't yet fitted it to my c124, as I'm making modifications to the instrument cluster itself. I'll update the thread with info once completed.

Sultzi
GT2256V

11-12-2016, 04:21 AM #11
You can also fit w126 electric speedo (so much easier to get) to w124 dash, just the middle one. Needs little bit cutting to get it fit, but works nicely after that. Only thing is 126 spare number on the face and maybe little different color needle, but that can be fixed.

[Image: _medium.jpg]

Here you can see the back side (not finished yet), rpm wires need to be routed another way out the 126 speedo just comes over where the original connector is for the rpm gauge and some other minor fidling..
Sultzi
11-12-2016, 04:21 AM #11

You can also fit w126 electric speedo (so much easier to get) to w124 dash, just the middle one. Needs little bit cutting to get it fit, but works nicely after that. Only thing is 126 spare number on the face and maybe little different color needle, but that can be fixed.

Here you can see the back side (not finished yet), rpm wires need to be routed another way out the 126 speedo just comes over where the original connector is for the rpm gauge and some other minor fidling..

JoeB
TA 0301

11-30-2016, 12:05 AM #12
Okay,

Thought I'd update this as I continue the clusterfuck, err I mean cluster update in my coupe.

The 716.6 as has been previously stated, has no provision for a mechanical takeoff or a VSS in the rear housing, unlike 717.4xx manuals or 722.x autos.

So the solution as previously mentioned was to use an electronic speedo from either w124.034/036 or another model such as w126.

NB pics are not fitting in window due to size and no resize  / thumbnail function, suggest if you want to see complete pic to control-click and open image in a new tab.

I used w124.034 speedo as source. NB it has the 3 pin connector on the speedo for connection to speedo healer.
The Speedo healer will be connected via a Honeywell 1GT101DS 3-wire Hall-effect sensor.  
This will use the transmission yoke as the trigger wheel for the rotational source for the sensor, which means any final drive changes in future will be problem-free.

It happens to have dual scale, which is fine. However, the Odometer is in Miles which necessitated a quite detailed piece of research to make the Odometer read KM 
(I fixed this to km with several changes to gears on the speedo head, not straightforward.) 
However, due to the differences in gearing (final drive) between the electronic speedo and cable driven speedo (and the fact they are entirely different internally) 
I had to butcher part of my spare w126.039 cluster to make the cluster and gauges display exactly how I wanted.

While I was messing around with the electronic speedos, I decided to refub the original mech speedo drive and reading...
Original mechanical 260km/h speedo (for dial part number reference only)

I'll update the thread when I've completed installation.
This post was last modified: 10-28-2019, 12:29 AM by JoeB.
JoeB
11-30-2016, 12:05 AM #12

Okay,

Thought I'd update this as I continue the clusterfuck, err I mean cluster update in my coupe.

The 716.6 as has been previously stated, has no provision for a mechanical takeoff or a VSS in the rear housing, unlike 717.4xx manuals or 722.x autos.

So the solution as previously mentioned was to use an electronic speedo from either w124.034/036 or another model such as w126.

NB pics are not fitting in window due to size and no resize  / thumbnail function, suggest if you want to see complete pic to control-click and open image in a new tab.

I used w124.034 speedo as source. NB it has the 3 pin connector on the speedo for connection to speedo healer.
The Speedo healer will be connected via a Honeywell 1GT101DS 3-wire Hall-effect sensor.  
This will use the transmission yoke as the trigger wheel for the rotational source for the sensor, which means any final drive changes in future will be problem-free.

It happens to have dual scale, which is fine. However, the Odometer is in Miles which necessitated a quite detailed piece of research to make the Odometer read KM 
(I fixed this to km with several changes to gears on the speedo head, not straightforward.) 
However, due to the differences in gearing (final drive) between the electronic speedo and cable driven speedo (and the fact they are entirely different internally) 
I had to butcher part of my spare w126.039 cluster to make the cluster and gauges display exactly how I wanted.

While I was messing around with the electronic speedos, I decided to refub the original mech speedo drive and reading...
Original mechanical 260km/h speedo (for dial part number reference only)

I'll update the thread when I've completed installation.

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average