STD Tuning Engine OM606 swap into a w123

OM606 swap into a w123

OM606 swap into a w123

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

606Power
Unregistered

07-06-2009, 02:23 PM #1
I am not sure where to post this so here goes:

Whilst I've done a bit of searching, some guidance from the intelligent people on this site would be excellent with respect to the swap. In short, what is needed, and would be the best for the car, like the transmission, rear end, driveshaft, etc.

The engine and 603 pump are resting in the garage, awaiting the install, or upgrades. I might fit the 603 pump to the engine to get things going, or just wait until I figure out where it should be sent for 7mm elements.

Anyone know the helix information regarding the elements, or, even better, the application or bosch # Wink

I've looked at some of the Finnish sites, but some of the photos were no longer working Undecided

I have a few turbos I am considering, and they will largely depend on engine bay space, that I will check.
606Power
07-06-2009, 02:23 PM #1

I am not sure where to post this so here goes:

Whilst I've done a bit of searching, some guidance from the intelligent people on this site would be excellent with respect to the swap. In short, what is needed, and would be the best for the car, like the transmission, rear end, driveshaft, etc.

The engine and 603 pump are resting in the garage, awaiting the install, or upgrades. I might fit the 603 pump to the engine to get things going, or just wait until I figure out where it should be sent for 7mm elements.

Anyone know the helix information regarding the elements, or, even better, the application or bosch # Wink

I've looked at some of the Finnish sites, but some of the photos were no longer working Undecided

I have a few turbos I am considering, and they will largely depend on engine bay space, that I will check.

ForcedInduction
Banned

07-06-2009, 06:12 PM #2
Here is the info you need for the 7mm plungers. There is no Bosch part, its custom made by the Finns. Expect to pay about $1500 door to door for the works or 45euro/plunger.
http://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/myna...t-242.html

This is the mount modification for the 603, it should be the same for the 606.

The transmission would likely be the stock one used with the 603 upgraded with 722.6 clutch packs/bands unless you want to make a standalone computer for the 606's tranny.
This post was last modified: 07-06-2009, 06:13 PM by ForcedInduction.
ForcedInduction
07-06-2009, 06:12 PM #2

Here is the info you need for the 7mm plungers. There is no Bosch part, its custom made by the Finns. Expect to pay about $1500 door to door for the works or 45euro/plunger.

The transmission would likely be the stock one used with the 603 upgraded with 722.6 clutch packs/bands unless you want to make a standalone computer for the 606's tranny.

606Power
Unregistered

07-07-2009, 11:04 AM #3
Thanks FI, excellent information.

Interesting about the elements. Since they are custom made, do you know if they have anything larger than 7mm?

Great photo, which is worth a 1000 words Wink So, the driver side needs to be 20mm in thickness, and the passenger side 10mm?
Is that the 603 mount in the photo? I will take a look at the 606 mount again, but I think it is different.

So, the 722.6 5 speed clutch packs and bands fit within the 722.3 4 speed, very interesting.
I could actually get the 722.6 trans that was mated to the 606, hmm.
Would that be the best method in getting the clutch packs/bands, or get new parts from MB?

In addition, I do have the ECUs and harnesses from the car, but I would think that without the 606 injection pump, the CAN bus might get irritated.

(07-06-2009, 06:12 PM)ForcedInduction Here is the info you need for the 7mm plungers. There is no Bosch part, its custom made by the Finns. Expect to pay about $1500 door to door for the works or 45euro/plunger.

606Power
07-07-2009, 11:04 AM #3

Thanks FI, excellent information.

Interesting about the elements. Since they are custom made, do you know if they have anything larger than 7mm?

Great photo, which is worth a 1000 words Wink So, the driver side needs to be 20mm in thickness, and the passenger side 10mm?
Is that the 603 mount in the photo? I will take a look at the 606 mount again, but I think it is different.

So, the 722.6 5 speed clutch packs and bands fit within the 722.3 4 speed, very interesting.
I could actually get the 722.6 trans that was mated to the 606, hmm.
Would that be the best method in getting the clutch packs/bands, or get new parts from MB?

In addition, I do have the ECUs and harnesses from the car, but I would think that without the 606 injection pump, the CAN bus might get irritated.

(07-06-2009, 06:12 PM)ForcedInduction Here is the info you need for the 7mm plungers. There is no Bosch part, its custom made by the Finns. Expect to pay about $1500 door to door for the works or 45euro/plunger.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average