STD Tuning Engine injector nozzle vendor???

injector nozzle vendor???

injector nozzle vendor???

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1911diesel
GT2256V

08-29-2013, 06:18 PM #1
hi guys, im on the hunt for some nozzles. now i have done some searching, and i think i want try some larger nozzles. 261, 265, im not sure yet... but i have read bosh is slipping now that they are in india and boiso is expensive monark i have read some good things about and they are cheap. but has anyone tried stardiesel?
http://www.starsdiesel.net/mercedesbenz-...11016.html
i havent been able to find any reviews about them and i dont know where they are made... but i think its some where in Europe, proly china...
they are super cheap at $3 a nozzle but 30 is the lowest order they will take... now this wouldnt be too much of a problem for me because i have at least 20 om617 injectors to rebuild, and about 16 chevy 6.2 injectors to rebuild... anyways that being besides the point, i have read else where that people use VW injector nozzles, SD274/93 on their site,with good results, and the chevy is sd304, is the last three number the size of something? has anyone ever tried the chevy nozzles in a mercedes injector? the injectors look the same. i have had both out and side by side before, never swapped them to see if it would work, but they look the same. i am going to contact them and see if they will let me mix and match nozzles, i would buy upwards of 60 nozzles in total but i dont want them in only 2 different types. if i have to order 30 of each dang size i wont get to do near as much playing with them as i would like too... anyways thanks for any input or help. you guys have been pretty helpful so far. I know im and idiot sometimes and maybe i dont use the search feature as well as can be preformed, but i do look and i found that site google searching sd265 nozzles. i think it might have been "sd265 nozzles in stock" i dont remember. i know i was having troubles finding a vendor site that sold monark injectors... and found them in the process i think. it was late last night...
This post was last modified: 08-29-2013, 07:32 PM by 1911diesel.

82 300SD-this engine may go in the 78...-Mary Jane
78 300CD-may be getting a new engine and rear end...-Brunhilde
82 300CD-uhhh race car project???-Gerda
85 300SD- the womans daily ITS F**KING PINK!-Tsybil
92 F350 CC LB dually-back up/tow pig/long haul land yacht.-Betsey

[Image: PicMonkeyCollage_zpsc1d9cd5f.jpg]
1911diesel
08-29-2013, 06:18 PM #1

hi guys, im on the hunt for some nozzles. now i have done some searching, and i think i want try some larger nozzles. 261, 265, im not sure yet... but i have read bosh is slipping now that they are in india and boiso is expensive monark i have read some good things about and they are cheap. but has anyone tried stardiesel?
http://www.starsdiesel.net/mercedesbenz-...11016.html
i havent been able to find any reviews about them and i dont know where they are made... but i think its some where in Europe, proly china...
they are super cheap at $3 a nozzle but 30 is the lowest order they will take... now this wouldnt be too much of a problem for me because i have at least 20 om617 injectors to rebuild, and about 16 chevy 6.2 injectors to rebuild... anyways that being besides the point, i have read else where that people use VW injector nozzles, SD274/93 on their site,with good results, and the chevy is sd304, is the last three number the size of something? has anyone ever tried the chevy nozzles in a mercedes injector? the injectors look the same. i have had both out and side by side before, never swapped them to see if it would work, but they look the same. i am going to contact them and see if they will let me mix and match nozzles, i would buy upwards of 60 nozzles in total but i dont want them in only 2 different types. if i have to order 30 of each dang size i wont get to do near as much playing with them as i would like too... anyways thanks for any input or help. you guys have been pretty helpful so far. I know im and idiot sometimes and maybe i dont use the search feature as well as can be preformed, but i do look and i found that site google searching sd265 nozzles. i think it might have been "sd265 nozzles in stock" i dont remember. i know i was having troubles finding a vendor site that sold monark injectors... and found them in the process i think. it was late last night...

MFSuper90
Budget Builder

08-30-2013, 09:05 AM #2
I am having Greazzer go through a set of injectors for me and put a set of 315 nozzles in. I think they are suppose to flow~15% more fuel than a 265, or so I have read. EDIT: at a extremely reasonable price, in my opinion.
I will report back when I get them in.
This post was last modified: 08-30-2013, 09:06 AM by MFSuper90.

'82 300D -3" straight pipe, ALDA deleted, 3in1 glowshift gauge, HX30, egr-less manifold, A/W intercooler Big Grin
'14 Ram 6.7l cummins -G56 handshaker, wishing it was deleted         
MFSuper90
08-30-2013, 09:05 AM #2

I am having Greazzer go through a set of injectors for me and put a set of 315 nozzles in. I think they are suppose to flow~15% more fuel than a 265, or so I have read. EDIT: at a extremely reasonable price, in my opinion.

'82 300D -3" straight pipe, ALDA deleted, 3in1 glowshift gauge, HX30, egr-less manifold, A/W intercooler Big Grin

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

08-30-2013, 09:44 AM #3
(08-30-2013, 09:05 AM)MFSuper90 I am having Greazzer go through a set of injectors for me and put a set of 315 nozzles in. I think they are suppose to flow~15% more fuel than a 265, or so I have read. EDIT: at a extremely reasonable price, in my opinion.

You better. Also, yeah Greazzer is the man. He loses points for running a N/A 617 with a muffler, but get points for the manual steering.

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?
Simpler=Better
08-30-2013, 09:44 AM #3

(08-30-2013, 09:05 AM)MFSuper90 I am having Greazzer go through a set of injectors for me and put a set of 315 nozzles in. I think they are suppose to flow~15% more fuel than a 265, or so I have read. EDIT: at a extremely reasonable price, in my opinion.

You better. Also, yeah Greazzer is the man. He loses points for running a N/A 617 with a muffler, but get points for the manual steering.

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?

1911diesel
GT2256V

08-30-2013, 02:38 PM #4
lol well if i didnt have 60+ injectors to rebuild, i would really consider paying someone else to do them... but since a pop tester is pretty cheap, and im a DIY kinda guy... ill do them myself. oh and so someone has used those 315 benz injector nozzles? awesome! maybe ill just get some sd274s for the 2 dailies and and get the sd315s for my project.

1911diesel
08-30-2013, 02:38 PM #4

lol well if i didnt have 60+ injectors to rebuild, i would really consider paying someone else to do them... but since a pop tester is pretty cheap, and im a DIY kinda guy... ill do them myself. oh and so someone has used those 315 benz injector nozzles? awesome! maybe ill just get some sd274s for the 2 dailies and and get the sd315s for my project.

OM616
10mm MW

08-30-2013, 03:22 PM #5
(08-30-2013, 02:38 PM)1911diesel lol well if i didnt have 60+ injectors to rebuild, i would really consider paying someone else to do them... but since a pop tester is pretty cheap, and im a DIY kinda guy... ill do them myself. oh and so someone has used those 315 benz injector nozzles? awesome! maybe ill just get some sd274s for the 2 dailies and and get the sd315s for my project.

Incase you were not aware, the last three digits have no reference value in regards to injector size or flow, they are strictly a design reference number that Bosch uses to identify them.

It is the DN0SD that is of value, as it identifies the angle of the spray, the diameter of the pressure section, that it is a pintle type nozzle, and a delay type. (at least that is my understanding based on conversations with people that know where of they speak).
OM616
08-30-2013, 03:22 PM #5

(08-30-2013, 02:38 PM)1911diesel lol well if i didnt have 60+ injectors to rebuild, i would really consider paying someone else to do them... but since a pop tester is pretty cheap, and im a DIY kinda guy... ill do them myself. oh and so someone has used those 315 benz injector nozzles? awesome! maybe ill just get some sd274s for the 2 dailies and and get the sd315s for my project.

Incase you were not aware, the last three digits have no reference value in regards to injector size or flow, they are strictly a design reference number that Bosch uses to identify them.

It is the DN0SD that is of value, as it identifies the angle of the spray, the diameter of the pressure section, that it is a pintle type nozzle, and a delay type. (at least that is my understanding based on conversations with people that know where of they speak).

Duncansport
Holset

08-30-2013, 03:24 PM #6

[/quote]

+1

[/quote]

+1
This post was last modified: 08-30-2013, 03:26 PM by Duncansport.
Duncansport
08-30-2013, 03:24 PM #6

[/quote]

+1

[/quote]

+1

SuperCow
Naturally-aspirated

08-30-2013, 03:43 PM #7
I can get cheap DN0SD314 nozzles. Is it possible to use those instead of the DN0SD265?
The 314 is used it in turbo diesel sinds 1993? before also the sd265.
I have 190D 2.5 automatic (om602.911) from 1986

Is this smart to do?, i don't need more power, but less fuel consumption would be nice.

1986 W201 190D 2.5 Diesel
SuperCow
08-30-2013, 03:43 PM #7

I can get cheap DN0SD314 nozzles. Is it possible to use those instead of the DN0SD265?

Is this smart to do?, i don't need more power, but less fuel consumption would be nice.

1986 W201 190D 2.5 Diesel

1911diesel
GT2256V

08-30-2013, 04:10 PM #8
(08-30-2013, 03:24 PM)Duncansport Incase you were not aware, the last three digits have no reference value in regards to injector size or flow, they are strictly a design reference number that Bosch uses to identify them.

+1

[/quote]

+1
[/quote]

NO i did not know. thank you very much. well that leads me back to my theory that it would be best to try n con them into letting me spend a couple hundred bucks on a big variety pack and see which ones do the best... i dont think they will, i have yet to hear back from them. but with more digging, i found that the same china company that makes the big elements also makes the same part number nozzles... searching for gold and i had the link saved all along... seeing as how some people have worked with them with positive results so far, i may see what they have to say. if its true that there isnt much difference between nozzles with the same prefix of DN0SD then they may go for it.

(08-30-2013, 03:43 PM)SuperCow I can get cheap DN0SD314 nozzles. Is it possible to use those instead of the DN0SD265?

i dont know YET, i intend to find out. if money and time and the company all work with me. and more power will create better fuel economy. if the engine has to work less to achieve the same results, less fuel will be consumed.
This post was last modified: 08-30-2013, 04:28 PM by 1911diesel.

1911diesel
08-30-2013, 04:10 PM #8

(08-30-2013, 03:24 PM)Duncansport Incase you were not aware, the last three digits have no reference value in regards to injector size or flow, they are strictly a design reference number that Bosch uses to identify them.

+1

[/quote]

+1
[/quote]

NO i did not know. thank you very much. well that leads me back to my theory that it would be best to try n con them into letting me spend a couple hundred bucks on a big variety pack and see which ones do the best... i dont think they will, i have yet to hear back from them. but with more digging, i found that the same china company that makes the big elements also makes the same part number nozzles... searching for gold and i had the link saved all along... seeing as how some people have worked with them with positive results so far, i may see what they have to say. if its true that there isnt much difference between nozzles with the same prefix of DN0SD then they may go for it.

(08-30-2013, 03:43 PM)SuperCow I can get cheap DN0SD314 nozzles. Is it possible to use those instead of the DN0SD265?

i dont know YET, i intend to find out. if money and time and the company all work with me. and more power will create better fuel economy. if the engine has to work less to achieve the same results, less fuel will be consumed.

OM616
10mm MW

08-30-2013, 10:01 PM #9

My understanding is the 314 nozzle is the latest version in the progression of nozzle design.. basically it’s an updated 265 nozzle for lower emissions and quieter combustion. They added a diffuser angle at the end of the orifice to generate turbulence which helps better atomize the fuel.
OM616
08-30-2013, 10:01 PM #9

My understanding is the 314 nozzle is the latest version in the progression of nozzle design.. basically it’s an updated 265 nozzle for lower emissions and quieter combustion. They added a diffuser angle at the end of the orifice to generate turbulence which helps better atomize the fuel.

MFSuper90
Budget Builder

08-31-2013, 01:28 AM #10
I haven't used them YET, but I'm pretty excited to get them in there! Probably about time, I don't think they have been gone through since new, and that was 250k ago haha

MFSuper90
08-31-2013, 01:28 AM #10

I haven't used them YET, but I'm pretty excited to get them in there! Probably about time, I don't think they have been gone through since new, and that was 250k ago haha

Volker407
naturally aspirated

08-31-2013, 04:58 AM #11

I don´t recommend the D0SD274 nozzles. They originate from an old VW Rabbit and will have much too little flow for your big engines.
Mercedes has published a technical paper at the end of the 1990s which says all earlier nozzles can be replaced with 261, 265 or 314 depending on application and year of (engine) make.

As Chevy has chosen a different (weaker) nozzle holder design for the 6.2L you would spoil the Chevy nozzle holder after some time if you try to put a Mercedes nozzle in the Chevy nozzle holder.

I also do not recommend to put a Chevy nozzle in a Mercedes engine, the weaker design could cause the needle tip or the nozzle body bottom to melt in a Mercedes engine!

The 315 will fit in a Mercedes and will give you more flow as Dave said.

One word on price; a quality nozzle will cost at least 20$ each or more.
Don´t expect any "consistently measurable" difference from a 3$ nozzle. If it works better, maybe you were just lucky getting a batch of nozzles that work better in your car. Or maybe they just work better because they are new. A 3$ nozzle will never be as defined/precise as a 20$ nozzle.

Gruß
Volker
Volker407
08-31-2013, 04:58 AM #11

I don´t recommend the D0SD274 nozzles. They originate from an old VW Rabbit and will have much too little flow for your big engines.
Mercedes has published a technical paper at the end of the 1990s which says all earlier nozzles can be replaced with 261, 265 or 314 depending on application and year of (engine) make.

As Chevy has chosen a different (weaker) nozzle holder design for the 6.2L you would spoil the Chevy nozzle holder after some time if you try to put a Mercedes nozzle in the Chevy nozzle holder.

I also do not recommend to put a Chevy nozzle in a Mercedes engine, the weaker design could cause the needle tip or the nozzle body bottom to melt in a Mercedes engine!

The 315 will fit in a Mercedes and will give you more flow as Dave said.

One word on price; a quality nozzle will cost at least 20$ each or more.
Don´t expect any "consistently measurable" difference from a 3$ nozzle. If it works better, maybe you were just lucky getting a batch of nozzles that work better in your car. Or maybe they just work better because they are new. A 3$ nozzle will never be as defined/precise as a 20$ nozzle.

Gruß
Volker

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average