STD Other FS / WTB / Buying guides FS: 1980 300SD Turbodiesel

FS: 1980 300SD Turbodiesel

FS: 1980 300SD Turbodiesel

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

sassparilla_kid
diesel > all other fuels

08-26-2013, 09:41 PM #1
Alright folks I figure since I don't have enough time or money to work on our entire fleet of cars that I need to liquidate a few of them, so I'm putting up for sale my 1980 300SD Turbodiesel

Some good things about the car:
-body is super straight with little to know rust that I can find
-107k miles on the car, previous owner put a freshly rebuilt engine in the car before parking it, I'm guessing it has less than 1k miles on it
-no blowbly
-fresh oil and fuel filters (and new oil)
-recently cleaned the entire fuel system
-new oil pan
-has ~5 gallons of diesel in it, with some algaecide and cetane booster for a little longevity

Some maybe not so good things about the car
-interior is not in great shape
-needs new front/rear window seals (they leak, which is why the interior is nothing special)
-needs new bulbs pretty much all around as most are missing
-upon further inspection the engine shocks appear to be missing

Some extra things!!!
-since the original instrument cluster got water damaged I have a LIKE NEW one that comes with the car
-I have some of those (15?) hole wheels that came on the w126 and w201 cars, wrong offset though, that I'll throw in for free to scrap/use/dowhateveryouwantwith

So, I'm asking $1400 for the car, its in better condition than I got the car in and I've since done some work to it (wasn't really running when I got it) and the price I'm asking is less than what I have into the car.

Thanks folks!

PS I'm also putting the car up over on peachparts, and craigslist
This post was last modified: 08-26-2013, 09:46 PM by sassparilla_kid.

-1982 300D Turbo, 280k miles, ALDA apparently maxxed, fram 8038, 12 lbs boost, non-egr manifolds, W/M injection, 4 brake light mod, Gen II w126 front rotors/calipers, 4-speed swap
In the works: A/W IC, adjust pump, turbo rebuild (w/60 trim comp wheel)
-1980 300SD, 110k, project car. Goal is to get it lookin' like it did on the showroom floor (body and interior wise, not necessarily under the hood )
-1974 240D, FRESH PAINT!!!!!!
sassparilla_kid
08-26-2013, 09:41 PM #1

Alright folks I figure since I don't have enough time or money to work on our entire fleet of cars that I need to liquidate a few of them, so I'm putting up for sale my 1980 300SD Turbodiesel

Some good things about the car:
-body is super straight with little to know rust that I can find
-107k miles on the car, previous owner put a freshly rebuilt engine in the car before parking it, I'm guessing it has less than 1k miles on it
-no blowbly
-fresh oil and fuel filters (and new oil)
-recently cleaned the entire fuel system
-new oil pan
-has ~5 gallons of diesel in it, with some algaecide and cetane booster for a little longevity

Some maybe not so good things about the car
-interior is not in great shape
-needs new front/rear window seals (they leak, which is why the interior is nothing special)
-needs new bulbs pretty much all around as most are missing
-upon further inspection the engine shocks appear to be missing

Some extra things!!!
-since the original instrument cluster got water damaged I have a LIKE NEW one that comes with the car
-I have some of those (15?) hole wheels that came on the w126 and w201 cars, wrong offset though, that I'll throw in for free to scrap/use/dowhateveryouwantwith

So, I'm asking $1400 for the car, its in better condition than I got the car in and I've since done some work to it (wasn't really running when I got it) and the price I'm asking is less than what I have into the car.

Thanks folks!

PS I'm also putting the car up over on peachparts, and craigslist

-1982 300D Turbo, 280k miles, ALDA apparently maxxed, fram 8038, 12 lbs boost, non-egr manifolds, W/M injection, 4 brake light mod, Gen II w126 front rotors/calipers, 4-speed swap
In the works: A/W IC, adjust pump, turbo rebuild (w/60 trim comp wheel)
-1980 300SD, 110k, project car. Goal is to get it lookin' like it did on the showroom floor (body and interior wise, not necessarily under the hood )
-1974 240D, FRESH PAINT!!!!!!

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

08-27-2013, 07:48 AM #2
$1400 is great if you can prove the engine was rebiult(and not just power washed). Maybe post pics of the cam lobes, chain guide/ chain stretch @ 2mm?

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?
Simpler=Better
08-27-2013, 07:48 AM #2

$1400 is great if you can prove the engine was rebiult(and not just power washed). Maybe post pics of the cam lobes, chain guide/ chain stretch @ 2mm?

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average