STD Other Projects my b@$t@rd coupe project.

my b@$t@rd coupe project.

my b@$t@rd coupe project.

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
1911diesel
GT2256V

09-06-2013, 07:58 PM #51
im ordering a few extra not a whole extra set. om616 said he was interested in piggy backing my order and may get some as well. for 2.20 a nozzle when im already ordering elements, its worth the risk. im cheap. oh wait i think i have said that before...

82 300SD-this engine may go in the 78...-Mary Jane
78 300CD-may be getting a new engine and rear end...-Brunhilde
82 300CD-uhhh race car project???-Gerda
85 300SD- the womans daily ITS F**KING PINK!-Tsybil
92 F350 CC LB dually-back up/tow pig/long haul land yacht.-Betsey

[Image: PicMonkeyCollage_zpsc1d9cd5f.jpg]
1911diesel
09-06-2013, 07:58 PM #51

im ordering a few extra not a whole extra set. om616 said he was interested in piggy backing my order and may get some as well. for 2.20 a nozzle when im already ordering elements, its worth the risk. im cheap. oh wait i think i have said that before...

1911diesel
GT2256V

09-07-2013, 03:17 PM #52
well the trailer is hooked up and ready to roll, i had a half a day shift to work, and a night shift to work, get a nap and head north to get my new coupe! being the N/A it should have the M pump and a 3.46 rear end right??? well i guess if i can get this one running ill say f**k the fender dump exhaust and just run a hood stack like i have been wanting to do! lol wish me luck gentlemen! then it will be saving up some more for the elements and nozzles!

1911diesel
09-07-2013, 03:17 PM #52

well the trailer is hooked up and ready to roll, i had a half a day shift to work, and a night shift to work, get a nap and head north to get my new coupe! being the N/A it should have the M pump and a 3.46 rear end right??? well i guess if i can get this one running ill say f**k the fender dump exhaust and just run a hood stack like i have been wanting to do! lol wish me luck gentlemen! then it will be saving up some more for the elements and nozzles!

larsalan
Superturbo

09-07-2013, 05:24 PM #53
You can see that diff info on the case on the bottom left under all the soot and dirt. Or maybe decipher it from the part number on the speedo or this list
http://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/thread-2570.html

Looking at the actual diff would be the most sure way.

Rusted out beat down 300d turbo 82' -- RIP
Nice body, tons of ridiculous mechanical issues - 300d turbo 82' /motor 85'
larsalan
09-07-2013, 05:24 PM #53

You can see that diff info on the case on the bottom left under all the soot and dirt. Or maybe decipher it from the part number on the speedo or this list
http://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/thread-2570.html

Looking at the actual diff would be the most sure way.

1911diesel
GT2256V

09-08-2013, 09:17 PM #54
well the other coupe is home. it may very well end up being a full on parts car... shes pretty ruff. interior is pretty decent, better then the 82. and the shocks look almost new. but lots of rust on the under side... i guess ill play with her heart tomorrow and see if she roars to life... if not parts! ill post some good pics of it tomorrow but i got one or two of it on the trailer.

[Image: IMAG0869_zpsfa003014.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0870_zpsb0183e46.jpg]

it looks way cleaner in the pics... and these are from a distance... ill get some close ups tomorrow.
This post was last modified: 09-08-2013, 09:18 PM by 1911diesel.

1911diesel
09-08-2013, 09:17 PM #54

well the other coupe is home. it may very well end up being a full on parts car... shes pretty ruff. interior is pretty decent, better then the 82. and the shocks look almost new. but lots of rust on the under side... i guess ill play with her heart tomorrow and see if she roars to life... if not parts! ill post some good pics of it tomorrow but i got one or two of it on the trailer.

[Image: IMAG0869_zpsfa003014.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0870_zpsb0183e46.jpg]

it looks way cleaner in the pics... and these are from a distance... ill get some close ups tomorrow.

1911diesel
GT2256V

09-09-2013, 02:26 PM #55
well i still need to get some pics, but it came to life. i got a vid of it roaring to life for the first time in 4 years and trying to run away... i think i have found out why, the throttle linkages are all really stiff and need some lube i purged the fuel system from pre lift pump to injectors with seafoam. i wanted to change the spin on filter but auto zoo didnt have one in stock so ill order some later. i did try starting it on the nasty fuel that is in it and no dice. so seafoam, and lots of cranking later roar! the ol lady was spraying the either, so its kinda heavy...lol but it worked... she got the hang of it after a few starts. i got it running and kinda idling on the paint thinner smelling diesel fuel in the tank but i really need to change all the filters get all that old fuel out of it and some new clean fuel in it. check the tranny fluid because it wouldnt go into gear and some new belts. because there are none...lol so i let it get warm then quit playing with it. but hey it runs.

[Image: th_VIDEO0035_zps2929ca83.jpg]
^^^click on this pic its a link to the vid^^^
after watching this, i realized i proly cranked on it about twice as long as i should have. but oh well.

well tranny is out of fluid. i dont know what to do with the car... it runs it takes for ever to rev and forever to return from a rev. still only short running periods. should it be parts for the 82 or should i try n fix it n drive it? maybe some more pics are needed to get a better idea of what kind of shape its in.
This post was last modified: 09-09-2013, 03:08 PM by 1911diesel.

1911diesel
09-09-2013, 02:26 PM #55

well i still need to get some pics, but it came to life. i got a vid of it roaring to life for the first time in 4 years and trying to run away... i think i have found out why, the throttle linkages are all really stiff and need some lube i purged the fuel system from pre lift pump to injectors with seafoam. i wanted to change the spin on filter but auto zoo didnt have one in stock so ill order some later. i did try starting it on the nasty fuel that is in it and no dice. so seafoam, and lots of cranking later roar! the ol lady was spraying the either, so its kinda heavy...lol but it worked... she got the hang of it after a few starts. i got it running and kinda idling on the paint thinner smelling diesel fuel in the tank but i really need to change all the filters get all that old fuel out of it and some new clean fuel in it. check the tranny fluid because it wouldnt go into gear and some new belts. because there are none...lol so i let it get warm then quit playing with it. but hey it runs.

[Image: th_VIDEO0035_zps2929ca83.jpg]
^^^click on this pic its a link to the vid^^^
after watching this, i realized i proly cranked on it about twice as long as i should have. but oh well.

well tranny is out of fluid. i dont know what to do with the car... it runs it takes for ever to rev and forever to return from a rev. still only short running periods. should it be parts for the 82 or should i try n fix it n drive it? maybe some more pics are needed to get a better idea of what kind of shape its in.

larsalan
Superturbo

09-09-2013, 02:57 PM #56
Maybe will run. New filters and a jerry can of fresh diesel rigged up. Skip the stock tank it maybe fouled all up.
Might take off the injector lines and see if they're clear. Make sure that no air is coming in with the fuel and that the lift pump seems to work.
I bet you get it driving soon.

larsalan
09-09-2013, 02:57 PM #56

Maybe will run. New filters and a jerry can of fresh diesel rigged up. Skip the stock tank it maybe fouled all up.
Might take off the injector lines and see if they're clear. Make sure that no air is coming in with the fuel and that the lift pump seems to work.

1911diesel
GT2256V

09-09-2013, 03:01 PM #57
(09-09-2013, 02:57 PM)larsalan Maybe will run. New filters and a jerry can of fresh diesel rigged up. Skip the stock tank it maybe fouled all up.

thats how it started the first time. only the line was dropped in a can of seafoam. im sure there is still plenty of air in the system, and im pretty sure it needs all new return lines. but the ones i ordered were gonna be for the 82... but it seems this one needs them way worse... ill order more parts soon... and maybe fill the tranny up and see if it moves... :Confusedigh:: to order the belts and wait or to pay twice as much at auto zoo... the only thing that overcomes my uber cheapness is my impatience.
This post was last modified: 09-09-2013, 03:05 PM by 1911diesel.

1911diesel
09-09-2013, 03:01 PM #57

(09-09-2013, 02:57 PM)larsalan Maybe will run. New filters and a jerry can of fresh diesel rigged up. Skip the stock tank it maybe fouled all up.

thats how it started the first time. only the line was dropped in a can of seafoam. im sure there is still plenty of air in the system, and im pretty sure it needs all new return lines. but the ones i ordered were gonna be for the 82... but it seems this one needs them way worse... ill order more parts soon... and maybe fill the tranny up and see if it moves... :Confusedigh:: to order the belts and wait or to pay twice as much at auto zoo... the only thing that overcomes my uber cheapness is my impatience.

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

09-09-2013, 03:30 PM #58
I wouldn't run it on straight seafoam but that's just me.

Also, using ether on an indirect injection engine with glow plugs is a good way to break something. Spray WD40 instead.

I bet if you ran it on clean diesel from a jar it would be A-OK.

For the transmission fluid check the cooler lines, if they're cut that's an "easy" fix.

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?
Simpler=Better
09-09-2013, 03:30 PM #58

I wouldn't run it on straight seafoam but that's just me.

Also, using ether on an indirect injection engine with glow plugs is a good way to break something. Spray WD40 instead.

I bet if you ran it on clean diesel from a jar it would be A-OK.

For the transmission fluid check the cooler lines, if they're cut that's an "easy" fix.

larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?

larsalan
Superturbo

09-09-2013, 03:35 PM #59
Return lines? The ones that hop from injector to injector? I use 1/8in fuel line on that.
For the trans fluid I buy either generic brand john deere or case specification stuff. Cost me $20 for a 2 gallon at rural king ^tm. Their generic brand is 'harvest king'^tm.
Maybe get you a new trans filter for about $20. A can of de-greaser is always good too get a fresh look at where she's bleeding from.

I'd go real light on that ether and maybe back up on that 14mm idle screw if the pump is trying to push it into runaway mode.

larsalan
09-09-2013, 03:35 PM #59

Return lines? The ones that hop from injector to injector? I use 1/8in fuel line on that.
For the trans fluid I buy either generic brand john deere or case specification stuff. Cost me $20 for a 2 gallon at rural king ^tm. Their generic brand is 'harvest king'^tm.
Maybe get you a new trans filter for about $20. A can of de-greaser is always good too get a fresh look at where she's bleeding from.

I'd go real light on that ether and maybe back up on that 14mm idle screw if the pump is trying to push it into runaway mode.

1911diesel
GT2256V

09-10-2013, 02:41 PM #60
well my pop tester is here, from india, i think i got shipping confirmation saturday, dhl... wow. thats fast! and the shipping was free! whats even better then that is one of the test lines fits chevy mercedes ford and vw injectors! im not sure what the other line fits but hey maybe some day ill get to use it... i guess now i really need to order those injector nozzles... seeing as how i really dont want to use stock nozzles...
This post was last modified: 09-10-2013, 04:42 PM by 1911diesel.

1911diesel
09-10-2013, 02:41 PM #60

well my pop tester is here, from india, i think i got shipping confirmation saturday, dhl... wow. thats fast! and the shipping was free! whats even better then that is one of the test lines fits chevy mercedes ford and vw injectors! im not sure what the other line fits but hey maybe some day ill get to use it... i guess now i really need to order those injector nozzles... seeing as how i really dont want to use stock nozzles...

MFSuper90
Budget Builder

09-10-2013, 03:17 PM #61
You shouldn't run any alcohol based additive in a diesel (seafoam), it's says its okay to run, but it's hard on stuff. My IP guy stated that very clearly to me several times haha.

'82 300D -3" straight pipe, ALDA deleted, 3in1 glowshift gauge, HX30, egr-less manifold, A/W intercooler Big Grin
'14 Ram 6.7l cummins -G56 handshaker, wishing it was deleted         
MFSuper90
09-10-2013, 03:17 PM #61

You shouldn't run any alcohol based additive in a diesel (seafoam), it's says its okay to run, but it's hard on stuff. My IP guy stated that very clearly to me several times haha.

'82 300D -3" straight pipe, ALDA deleted, 3in1 glowshift gauge, HX30, egr-less manifold, A/W intercooler Big Grin

1911diesel
GT2256V

09-10-2013, 04:22 PM #62
(09-10-2013, 03:17 PM)MFSuper90 You shouldn't run any alcohol based additive in a diesel (seafoam), it's says its okay to run, but it's hard on stuff. My IP guy stated that very clearly to me several times haha.

hummmm alcohol based huh???

Sea Foam is a safe and versatile additive that can be used in fuel & oil in 2 cycle, 4-cycle, rotary and diesel engines or added directly into the combustion chamber on 2-cycle, 4-cycle and rotary engines. Sea Foam Spray should never be used in the air intake system of a diesel engine. Sea Foam is a petroleum based product, so it is as safe for seals, o-rings, sensors and other fuel system and engine components as the fuel or motor oil that runs the engine. Sea Foam contains NO harsh chemical detergents. All three types of engines (2 & 4 cycle, rotary and diesel engines) suffer from the problems described below, all of which are addressed by Sea Foam...
copied from their site...

it may not be the best thing to do (running an engine of straight seafoam) but i have done it many a times and havent blown anything up YET. i have run seafoam in trannys, crank cases, injection systems, fuel tanks, vacuum systems of gassers, and never had one bad thing to say about it. as a matter of fact, after i clean everything with seafoam they tend to run alot better then when they were brought to me... but hey run and do what you want. i will continue to run it until i can attribute some ill effects to using it. and i have been using it for at least 4+ years now. and i get and work on a lot of cars... i am not a seafoam sales man, nor do i own stock in seafoam, im just cheap, and i use what works. and in my years of working on cars/trucks, gas and diesel, seafoam works. its not a miracle worker, but it does what it says it is going to do, CLEAN! and will not eat seals.

1911diesel
09-10-2013, 04:22 PM #62

(09-10-2013, 03:17 PM)MFSuper90 You shouldn't run any alcohol based additive in a diesel (seafoam), it's says its okay to run, but it's hard on stuff. My IP guy stated that very clearly to me several times haha.

hummmm alcohol based huh???

Sea Foam is a safe and versatile additive that can be used in fuel & oil in 2 cycle, 4-cycle, rotary and diesel engines or added directly into the combustion chamber on 2-cycle, 4-cycle and rotary engines. Sea Foam Spray should never be used in the air intake system of a diesel engine. Sea Foam is a petroleum based product, so it is as safe for seals, o-rings, sensors and other fuel system and engine components as the fuel or motor oil that runs the engine. Sea Foam contains NO harsh chemical detergents. All three types of engines (2 & 4 cycle, rotary and diesel engines) suffer from the problems described below, all of which are addressed by Sea Foam...
copied from their site...

it may not be the best thing to do (running an engine of straight seafoam) but i have done it many a times and havent blown anything up YET. i have run seafoam in trannys, crank cases, injection systems, fuel tanks, vacuum systems of gassers, and never had one bad thing to say about it. as a matter of fact, after i clean everything with seafoam they tend to run alot better then when they were brought to me... but hey run and do what you want. i will continue to run it until i can attribute some ill effects to using it. and i have been using it for at least 4+ years now. and i get and work on a lot of cars... i am not a seafoam sales man, nor do i own stock in seafoam, im just cheap, and i use what works. and in my years of working on cars/trucks, gas and diesel, seafoam works. its not a miracle worker, but it does what it says it is going to do, CLEAN! and will not eat seals.

1911diesel
GT2256V

09-10-2013, 06:45 PM #63
so, got the pop tester together, and got some pics of the new coupe. i have a set of injectors out of a car now and played with some. one had a really bad spray pattern, the other two i played with had alright patterns but popped around 1500-1800 psi. shouldnt they pop around 2000-2300? and ill proly try n rebuild a set of injectors for my brother-in-law and see how that goes. he needs new filters too but i think this will make a big difference. i think i may wait for nozzles for my 82 coupe but the 78 may need it now just to run right...lol we will see... any ways pics!

[Image: DSC_0337_zps6a6b59a2.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0335_zps4d0ab8f2.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0336_zps387bfa2f.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0333_zps4b597fbf.jpg]
This post was last modified: 09-10-2013, 06:54 PM by 1911diesel.

1911diesel
09-10-2013, 06:45 PM #63

so, got the pop tester together, and got some pics of the new coupe. i have a set of injectors out of a car now and played with some. one had a really bad spray pattern, the other two i played with had alright patterns but popped around 1500-1800 psi. shouldnt they pop around 2000-2300? and ill proly try n rebuild a set of injectors for my brother-in-law and see how that goes. he needs new filters too but i think this will make a big difference. i think i may wait for nozzles for my 82 coupe but the 78 may need it now just to run right...lol we will see... any ways pics!

[Image: DSC_0337_zps6a6b59a2.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0335_zps4d0ab8f2.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0336_zps387bfa2f.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0333_zps4b597fbf.jpg]

MFSuper90
Budget Builder

09-10-2013, 08:58 PM #64
I apologize, I worded that wrong. Even though it is petroleum based it has isopropyl alcohol in it, you can even smell it. The guy that builds our pumps did the pumps on most of the top tractors at bowling green, and I know him quite well, I'll take his word for it.

Not trying to argue or cause a ruckus, I'm just saying. But if it works for you, don't pay attention to me, in just sayin Big Grin

MFSuper90
09-10-2013, 08:58 PM #64

I apologize, I worded that wrong. Even though it is petroleum based it has isopropyl alcohol in it, you can even smell it. The guy that builds our pumps did the pumps on most of the top tractors at bowling green, and I know him quite well, I'll take his word for it.

Not trying to argue or cause a ruckus, I'm just saying. But if it works for you, don't pay attention to me, in just sayin Big Grin

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

09-11-2013, 09:36 AM #65
The coupe looks good Smile

On a side note, NFW I'll ever run seafoam through an injection pump. Definitely via the air side on a gasser, but no way in hell through the fuel system.

Simpler=Better
09-11-2013, 09:36 AM #65

The coupe looks good Smile

On a side note, NFW I'll ever run seafoam through an injection pump. Definitely via the air side on a gasser, but no way in hell through the fuel system.

1911diesel
GT2256V

09-11-2013, 03:54 PM #66
well some tranny fluid, more diesel and the wrong belt... but the water pump is turning now, its keeping cool. no power steering but drove it around the block... it needs some more work, but i think if i put a little more into it it would make a decent temp driver. i could leave the truck alone. still be driving a nice coupe, and be working on the other one.

[Image: IMAG0892_zpsbfd0f8bc.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0893_zps4e4b7f98.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0894_zps4d2683ea.jpg]
my two coupes lined up together.

[Image: th_VIDEO0036_zpsc089d781.jpg]
click IMG for vid^^^^ brunhilde's first drive in over 4 years.
This post was last modified: 09-11-2013, 04:21 PM by 1911diesel.

1911diesel
09-11-2013, 03:54 PM #66

well some tranny fluid, more diesel and the wrong belt... but the water pump is turning now, its keeping cool. no power steering but drove it around the block... it needs some more work, but i think if i put a little more into it it would make a decent temp driver. i could leave the truck alone. still be driving a nice coupe, and be working on the other one.

[Image: IMAG0892_zpsbfd0f8bc.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0893_zps4e4b7f98.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0894_zps4d2683ea.jpg]
my two coupes lined up together.

[Image: th_VIDEO0036_zpsc089d781.jpg]
click IMG for vid^^^^ brunhilde's first drive in over 4 years.

JB3
Superturbo

09-11-2013, 04:23 PM #67
who has a pink SD? looks like the one from "pimp my ride"

1974 240D 617 turbo swap, W201 5-speed, in the works project
1983 240D 616 stock, DD
1989 Chevy Astro, 617 turbo swap, T5 5-speed, 4.56 diff, work van

JB3
09-11-2013, 04:23 PM #67

who has a pink SD? looks like the one from "pimp my ride"

1983 240D 616 stock, DD

1911diesel
GT2256V

09-11-2013, 04:29 PM #68
its the womans car.

1911diesel
09-11-2013, 04:29 PM #68

its the womans car.

JB3
Superturbo

09-11-2013, 04:34 PM #69
awesome, I like your style

1983 240D 616 stock, DD

JB3
09-11-2013, 04:34 PM #69

awesome, I like your style

1983 240D 616 stock, DD

1911diesel
GT2256V

09-18-2013, 09:00 AM #70
well, i finally got the injection bench set up.

[Image: DSC_0340_zps1b1a1b41.jpg]

i have pulled apart a spare set, got 3 out of the 5 working in spec 110-120 bar, the other two the needle wont come out of the nozzle and they have poor spray pattern and hi pressure, one of them leaks a little with pressure. 3 only soaked in break parts cleaner for a half hour, i let the other two set over night and still no dice. i think im just going to order all new nozzles, and live with the injectors that are in the car until i have new nozzles. not only that the elements will be coming with the nozzles so i just need to get them ordered. oh i have also contacted a company about shims. its a big custom metal fab shop but they do shims gaskets and things of that nature. i think i will just try n buy bulk shims that way i know i have what i will need. while im not going make it my job to rebuild injectors, i would like to have what i need as i do have a lot of injectors between me and a few friends...lol

1911diesel
09-18-2013, 09:00 AM #70

well, i finally got the injection bench set up.

[Image: DSC_0340_zps1b1a1b41.jpg]

i have pulled apart a spare set, got 3 out of the 5 working in spec 110-120 bar, the other two the needle wont come out of the nozzle and they have poor spray pattern and hi pressure, one of them leaks a little with pressure. 3 only soaked in break parts cleaner for a half hour, i let the other two set over night and still no dice. i think im just going to order all new nozzles, and live with the injectors that are in the car until i have new nozzles. not only that the elements will be coming with the nozzles so i just need to get them ordered. oh i have also contacted a company about shims. its a big custom metal fab shop but they do shims gaskets and things of that nature. i think i will just try n buy bulk shims that way i know i have what i will need. while im not going make it my job to rebuild injectors, i would like to have what i need as i do have a lot of injectors between me and a few friends...lol

Greazzer
Superturbo

09-18-2013, 09:13 PM #71
Hey,

Turbo is 135 BAR or nominal 1950 or 1975, depending on spray patter and cone. New is 2,000 psi
NA (Non Turbo) is 115 BAR or nominal 1650. New is 1,700 psi

Do not set your injectors more than 50PSI +/-. So, for example, if its a turbo, they should range from 1900, or in the middle at 1950, or 2000. That's FSM. However, that's garbage. They should be 1950 - 2000 for example, so that is 25+/-. Even that is somewhat broad and close to garbage. I shoot for 15PSI. So, an injector would be 1950 with a range of 1940's to 1965is. That is just an example. If you get new, try 2,000 PSI with a range of 1975 to 2025 as the max. Ideally, it should be around 1990 to 2010.

Hope that helps.

Ninth Year Anniversary with STD on 1-9-2020

visit:  www.dieselfuelinjector.guru

Project 2018: Really get the car finished -- Turbo OM617 greater than 175 MPH goal.

RED W123 - left Germany as 240D in 1982.  Full AMG body kit less rear apron, 2:65LSD, five speed Getrag 717.400, manual steering, read leather interior, manual brake conversion, electric water pump (EWP), and a bunch of other goodies ...
Greazzer
09-18-2013, 09:13 PM #71

Hey,

Turbo is 135 BAR or nominal 1950 or 1975, depending on spray patter and cone. New is 2,000 psi

Do not set your injectors more than 50PSI +/-. So, for example, if its a turbo, they should range from 1900, or in the middle at 1950, or 2000. That's FSM. However, that's garbage. They should be 1950 - 2000 for example, so that is 25+/-. Even that is somewhat broad and close to garbage. I shoot for 15PSI. So, an injector would be 1950 with a range of 1940's to 1965is. That is just an example. If you get new, try 2,000 PSI with a range of 1975 to 2025 as the max. Ideally, it should be around 1990 to 2010.

Hope that helps.

Ninth Year Anniversary with STD on 1-9-2020

visit:  www.dieselfuelinjector.guru

Project 2018: Really get the car finished -- Turbo OM617 greater than 175 MPH goal.

RED W123 - left Germany as 240D in 1982.  Full AMG body kit less rear apron, 2:65LSD, five speed Getrag 717.400, manual steering, read leather interior, manual brake conversion, electric water pump (EWP), and a bunch of other goodies ...

1911diesel
GT2256V

09-19-2013, 01:57 AM #72
(09-18-2013, 09:13 PM)Greazzer Hey,

Hope that helps.

i have seen some of your other posts and threads, and in some other forums, i greatly appreciate your input! thank you very much! btw who do you order your shims thru? i have seen the alibaba site for the chinese companies but havent found an all around kit that im happy with, ill be doing mainly mercedes, ford, and chevy IDI injectors.

1911diesel
09-19-2013, 01:57 AM #72

(09-18-2013, 09:13 PM)Greazzer Hey,

Hope that helps.

i have seen some of your other posts and threads, and in some other forums, i greatly appreciate your input! thank you very much! btw who do you order your shims thru? i have seen the alibaba site for the chinese companies but havent found an all around kit that im happy with, ill be doing mainly mercedes, ford, and chevy IDI injectors.

MFSuper90
Budget Builder

09-20-2013, 09:18 AM #73
We got shims from the guy that does our pumps, be ready to pay for them. You can't use just any shim, they have to be the hard ones

MFSuper90
09-20-2013, 09:18 AM #73

We got shims from the guy that does our pumps, be ready to pay for them. You can't use just any shim, they have to be the hard ones

1911diesel
GT2256V

09-24-2013, 05:46 PM #74
well, got fed up with the 78 sitting in the back yard. i bought belts, tranny fluid anti freeze, and i had some crush washers laying around from the packs i bought to fix the fuel leaks on the 82, and it runs and drives and doesnt leak fluids! tranny still flairs when going into gear, but i hope some seafoam will fix that problem. i still need to do it to the 82 as well but i have a filter for the 82 and not the 78... the blinker fuse is going bad... it flashes really fast. but over all after i turned the idle down a little it does pretty good, i still need a new battery, currently using the one out of the black 82 coupe. but after it warms up no glow plugs needed and no white smoke or bad rough idle. im kinda impressed with this lil non turbo.

oh i straightened out the hood latch assembly now the hood shuts like it should as well. some tranny seafoam, new filter more new tranny fluid and maybe just maybe this car will be worth driving on a semi regular. and the climate control still doesnt work. gotta figure that out soon if i plan to drive it thru the winter.
This post was last modified: 09-24-2013, 05:56 PM by 1911diesel.

1911diesel
09-24-2013, 05:46 PM #74

well, got fed up with the 78 sitting in the back yard. i bought belts, tranny fluid anti freeze, and i had some crush washers laying around from the packs i bought to fix the fuel leaks on the 82, and it runs and drives and doesnt leak fluids! tranny still flairs when going into gear, but i hope some seafoam will fix that problem. i still need to do it to the 82 as well but i have a filter for the 82 and not the 78... the blinker fuse is going bad... it flashes really fast. but over all after i turned the idle down a little it does pretty good, i still need a new battery, currently using the one out of the black 82 coupe. but after it warms up no glow plugs needed and no white smoke or bad rough idle. im kinda impressed with this lil non turbo.

oh i straightened out the hood latch assembly now the hood shuts like it should as well. some tranny seafoam, new filter more new tranny fluid and maybe just maybe this car will be worth driving on a semi regular. and the climate control still doesnt work. gotta figure that out soon if i plan to drive it thru the winter.

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

09-24-2013, 06:40 PM #75
fluid/filter then check your vacuum and bowden cable-they can make the tranny flare.

For shims the cheap hack way is to cut up/ punch out feeler gauges

Simpler=Better
09-24-2013, 06:40 PM #75

fluid/filter then check your vacuum and bowden cable-they can make the tranny flare.

1911diesel
GT2256V

09-24-2013, 07:26 PM #76
played with climate control, def works with heat so thats all im concerned with for now. tranny seems to be shifting better the more i drive it. may drive it to work tomorrow... dunno yet.

1911diesel
09-24-2013, 07:26 PM #76

played with climate control, def works with heat so thats all im concerned with for now. tranny seems to be shifting better the more i drive it. may drive it to work tomorrow... dunno yet.

larsalan
Superturbo

09-24-2013, 08:35 PM #77
Keep an eye on that tranny fluid and the bowden cable and then hammer on the fuel pedal, hahaha.

larsalan
09-24-2013, 08:35 PM #77

Keep an eye on that tranny fluid and the bowden cable and then hammer on the fuel pedal, hahaha.

MFSuper90
Budget Builder

09-25-2013, 09:30 AM #78
(09-24-2013, 06:40 PM)Simpler=Better fluid/filter then check your vacuum and bowden cable-they can make the tranny flare.

Injector shims?

MFSuper90
09-25-2013, 09:30 AM #78

(09-24-2013, 06:40 PM)Simpler=Better fluid/filter then check your vacuum and bowden cable-they can make the tranny flare.

Injector shims?

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

09-25-2013, 09:48 AM #79
(09-25-2013, 09:30 AM)MFSuper90

Injector shims?

I have heard rumors that you can cut up or punch our feeler gauges to make your own injector shims. Theoretically the feeler gauges should be made from a decently strong material.

I've never done it, just sharing a trick

Simpler=Better
09-25-2013, 09:48 AM #79

Injector shims?

I have heard rumors that you can cut up or punch our feeler gauges to make your own injector shims. Theoretically the feeler gauges should be made from a decently strong material.

1911diesel
GT2256V

09-25-2013, 01:48 PM #80
for the shims, im not opposed to buying a large pack with every thing i need to do multiple types of injectors and a bunch of sets. there are many injectors to do, and i only see more in my future. i feel it would behoove me to just be ready, even if that means dropping 3-400 bucks on a large pack and just having what i need when i need it. just google searching diesel injector shims comes up with some options. it may be like dealing with the chineese company over the nozzles and elements. but ill get something.

anyways, i drove brunhilde about 35 miles today, fuel sending unit is spotty, but i think i can fix that. i have some breaks trying to stick, it pulls right, and the pass side wobbles pretty bad at 70-75. but no hic-ups so far. i need to wash it, it sat under a tree for a week or two until i got bored of it sitting back there all alone. so its kinda dirty. but here is a quick walk around and drive off

[Image: th_VIDEO0052_zps8b2c479e.jpg]
^^CLICK IMG FOR VID^^^

1911diesel
09-25-2013, 01:48 PM #80

for the shims, im not opposed to buying a large pack with every thing i need to do multiple types of injectors and a bunch of sets. there are many injectors to do, and i only see more in my future. i feel it would behoove me to just be ready, even if that means dropping 3-400 bucks on a large pack and just having what i need when i need it. just google searching diesel injector shims comes up with some options. it may be like dealing with the chineese company over the nozzles and elements. but ill get something.

anyways, i drove brunhilde about 35 miles today, fuel sending unit is spotty, but i think i can fix that. i have some breaks trying to stick, it pulls right, and the pass side wobbles pretty bad at 70-75. but no hic-ups so far. i need to wash it, it sat under a tree for a week or two until i got bored of it sitting back there all alone. so its kinda dirty. but here is a quick walk around and drive off

[Image: th_VIDEO0052_zps8b2c479e.jpg]
^^CLICK IMG FOR VID^^^

MFSuper90
Budget Builder

09-25-2013, 02:17 PM #81
(09-25-2013, 09:48 AM)Simpler=Better

Injector shims?

I wouldn't recommend it. Those shims are rather thick and really hard, they really take a beating.

1911, an injection pump shop should be able to set you up with some shim sets

MFSuper90
09-25-2013, 02:17 PM #81

(09-25-2013, 09:48 AM)Simpler=Better

Injector shims?

I wouldn't recommend it. Those shims are rather thick and really hard, they really take a beating.

1911, an injection pump shop should be able to set you up with some shim sets

1911diesel
GT2256V

09-28-2013, 11:54 AM #82
ok, so i found a company (US DIESEL . com) that makes a shim kit for $245. i got an email back from a guy named brad very nice, and pretty helpful. I still need to order nozzles and elements, but brunhilde is taking up a lot of my funds. she needed belts, fluds, breaks, return lines (i had) and a few other things, any ways it cost me almost $100 bucks to get her back on the road this week. and she still needs a new battery and some more love. but im not afraid to drive her now...lol once i get all the injection stuff ordered, ill start working on gerda again. ::Confusedigh::: i have been eye balling cheap 5x112 rims on craigs list lately, i dont mind running some 15's or 16's on the black coupe, but i really think i want some chrome 18's on the cream coupe. i have read that 18's are a bad ride on the w123 chassis, but i have seen pics of people running them. anyone with some real world exp wanna chime in? is it mainly off set problems? using spacers causing bad ride? i have only ever had to use spacers once on a set of 20's and i knew being 20's they were gonna be a ruff ride, so i was expecting it.
This post was last modified: 09-28-2013, 12:11 PM by 1911diesel.

1911diesel
09-28-2013, 11:54 AM #82

ok, so i found a company (US DIESEL . com) that makes a shim kit for $245. i got an email back from a guy named brad very nice, and pretty helpful. I still need to order nozzles and elements, but brunhilde is taking up a lot of my funds. she needed belts, fluds, breaks, return lines (i had) and a few other things, any ways it cost me almost $100 bucks to get her back on the road this week. and she still needs a new battery and some more love. but im not afraid to drive her now...lol once i get all the injection stuff ordered, ill start working on gerda again. ::Confusedigh::: i have been eye balling cheap 5x112 rims on craigs list lately, i dont mind running some 15's or 16's on the black coupe, but i really think i want some chrome 18's on the cream coupe. i have read that 18's are a bad ride on the w123 chassis, but i have seen pics of people running them. anyone with some real world exp wanna chime in? is it mainly off set problems? using spacers causing bad ride? i have only ever had to use spacers once on a set of 20's and i knew being 20's they were gonna be a ruff ride, so i was expecting it.

sassparilla_kid
diesel > all other fuels

09-28-2013, 02:18 PM #83
My wheels are 16x7 I believe, they don't give me any problems

-1982 300D Turbo, 280k miles, ALDA apparently maxxed, fram 8038, 12 lbs boost, non-egr manifolds, W/M injection, 4 brake light mod, Gen II w126 front rotors/calipers, 4-speed swap
In the works: A/W IC, adjust pump, turbo rebuild (w/60 trim comp wheel)
-1980 300SD, 110k, project car. Goal is to get it lookin' like it did on the showroom floor (body and interior wise, not necessarily under the hood )
-1974 240D, FRESH PAINT!!!!!!
sassparilla_kid
09-28-2013, 02:18 PM #83

My wheels are 16x7 I believe, they don't give me any problems

-1982 300D Turbo, 280k miles, ALDA apparently maxxed, fram 8038, 12 lbs boost, non-egr manifolds, W/M injection, 4 brake light mod, Gen II w126 front rotors/calipers, 4-speed swap
In the works: A/W IC, adjust pump, turbo rebuild (w/60 trim comp wheel)
-1980 300SD, 110k, project car. Goal is to get it lookin' like it did on the showroom floor (body and interior wise, not necessarily under the hood )
-1974 240D, FRESH PAINT!!!!!!

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

09-30-2013, 11:40 AM #84
Spacers won't cause a bad ride, so long as they're properly centered (bug centering ring or a dial indicator). Guy at work thre spacers and 18" BBs rims on his E-something-something 2000's merc. No issues.

Simpler=Better
09-30-2013, 11:40 AM #84

Spacers won't cause a bad ride, so long as they're properly centered (bug centering ring or a dial indicator). Guy at work thre spacers and 18" BBs rims on his E-something-something 2000's merc. No issues.

MFSuper90
Budget Builder

09-30-2013, 12:14 PM #85
Don't you have to roll the fenders to fit 18s?
Thought I read that somwhete

MFSuper90
09-30-2013, 12:14 PM #85

Don't you have to roll the fenders to fit 18s?
Thought I read that somwhete

1911diesel
GT2256V

09-30-2013, 05:03 PM #86
ok, dont flame me, but i was thinking about trying to do hellaflush on the 78. (fire blanket on) so rolling fenders and tire stretching was in my future anyway if i do it.. im not one for fads, but i do think the hellaflush look is kinda cool. maybe not practical, but it does look good. what really got me thinking about it was all the cheap 5x112 rims that are between 18-20" that needed tires anyways... sigh. it seems i cant make enough money to spend on these cars...

1911diesel
09-30-2013, 05:03 PM #86

ok, dont flame me, but i was thinking about trying to do hellaflush on the 78. (fire blanket on) so rolling fenders and tire stretching was in my future anyway if i do it.. im not one for fads, but i do think the hellaflush look is kinda cool. maybe not practical, but it does look good. what really got me thinking about it was all the cheap 5x112 rims that are between 18-20" that needed tires anyways... sigh. it seems i cant make enough money to spend on these cars...

MFSuper90
Budget Builder

09-30-2013, 05:35 PM #87
You really like hellaflush? Not flaming

You really like hellaflush?
Not flaming, I just thought that was honda civic shitTongue
If you like it, go for it! I think it'd be interesting to see on a w123
This post was last modified: 09-30-2013, 05:36 PM by MFSuper90.

MFSuper90
09-30-2013, 05:35 PM #87

You really like hellaflush? Not flaming

You really like hellaflush?
Not flaming, I just thought that was honda civic shitTongue
If you like it, go for it! I think it'd be interesting to see on a w123

1911diesel
GT2256V

09-30-2013, 06:33 PM #88
the best looking ones ive seen were VWs... i dunno i thought it was a euro thing...i thought it was just common with hondas because like a cheap asian wh**e you can do any and everything to them on the cheap with no regrets...anyways i think its sick when the fender looks like it is sitting on the rim. and i know tire stretching has been around for a while, it was a trick i first learned about in back in my mini trucking days to be able to tuck larger and wider rims. but that was all about tucking as much rim as possible, this is about making it look like the fender is sitting on the rim.
This post was last modified: 09-30-2013, 06:40 PM by 1911diesel.

1911diesel
09-30-2013, 06:33 PM #88

the best looking ones ive seen were VWs... i dunno i thought it was a euro thing...i thought it was just common with hondas because like a cheap asian wh**e you can do any and everything to them on the cheap with no regrets...anyways i think its sick when the fender looks like it is sitting on the rim. and i know tire stretching has been around for a while, it was a trick i first learned about in back in my mini trucking days to be able to tuck larger and wider rims. but that was all about tucking as much rim as possible, this is about making it look like the fender is sitting on the rim.

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

09-30-2013, 08:34 PM #89
Yeah do whatever you want just don't purposefully blow it up

Simpler=Better
09-30-2013, 08:34 PM #89

Yeah do whatever you want just don't purposefully blow it up

MFSuper90
Budget Builder

11-23-2013, 04:25 PM #90
So what ever happening to this project, and the DV cutting? I've been pondering upon it the past couple weeks

MFSuper90
11-23-2013, 04:25 PM #90

So what ever happening to this project, and the DV cutting? I've been pondering upon it the past couple weeks

cho
GT2559V

11-27-2013, 02:57 PM #91
(08-24-2013, 05:16 AM)1911diesel
(08-23-2013, 09:23 PM)lgreeley83
(08-23-2013, 02:09 PM)1911diesel i just want the b*tch to shift without flaring

Manual trans Tongue

you got one laying around for sale?

this might help Smile

http://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/Thre...-w123-300D

500SEC euro gen II powered by OM617a stolen from 84 300SD .... with 280se transmission now Smile
----------------------------------------------------------
cho
11-27-2013, 02:57 PM #91

(08-24-2013, 05:16 AM)1911diesel
(08-23-2013, 09:23 PM)lgreeley83
(08-23-2013, 02:09 PM)1911diesel i just want the b*tch to shift without flaring

Manual trans Tongue

you got one laying around for sale?

this might help Smile

http://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/Thre...-w123-300D

500SEC euro gen II powered by OM617a stolen from 84 300SD .... with 280se transmission now Smile
----------------------------------------------------------

Pages (2): Previous 1 2

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average