STD Tuning Engine Need help with setting the timing/ timing chain marks

Need help with setting the timing/ timing chain marks

Need help with setting the timing/ timing chain marks

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

poleshady
GTA2056V

08-17-2013, 05:18 PM #1
I replaced the timing chain when i put it all back together it was at 5 degrees BTC, i moved the chain one link over, and now when i line the mark up on the cam, its at about 15 degrees ATDC. how do i set the mark correctly???

The timing mark on the cam is supposed to be lined up with TDC right? but how do i get it to do that?
poleshady
08-17-2013, 05:18 PM #1

I replaced the timing chain when i put it all back together it was at 5 degrees BTC, i moved the chain one link over, and now when i line the mark up on the cam, its at about 15 degrees ATDC. how do i set the mark correctly???

The timing mark on the cam is supposed to be lined up with TDC right? but how do i get it to do that?

poleshady
GTA2056V

08-17-2013, 09:41 PM #2
so i think i jumped a tooth on the IP when i rolled in the new chain. I took of the hard lin for injector 1, then turned the engine over, and fuel started welling up in the port at about 10-15 degrees BTDC. does rotating the pump give enough adjustment to get me to where it needs to be? or do i need to pull it off and reset it?
poleshady
08-17-2013, 09:41 PM #2

so i think i jumped a tooth on the IP when i rolled in the new chain. I took of the hard lin for injector 1, then turned the engine over, and fuel started welling up in the port at about 10-15 degrees BTDC. does rotating the pump give enough adjustment to get me to where it needs to be? or do i need to pull it off and reset it?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average