STD Other Open Home security cameras

Home security cameras

Home security cameras

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

sassparilla_kid
diesel > all other fuels

08-12-2013, 02:35 PM #1
Anybody know anything about them? I'm planning on putting in at least one, if not more at my mom's house, because despite being in an upscale neighborhood in a gated community, as of this morning we've now had our cars broken into twice. First time was my car and my iPod, gps, and a bunch of other stuff was taken. This time it was my mom's car and her laptop was taken out of the trunk, since it was the only thing in there other than a dog carrier.

Anyway, I'm thinking of putting in something like this in the front of our house for now, and was just wondering if any of you guys have any experience with this type of stuff

http://www.y-cam.com/y-cam-bullet-white/

thanks again folks

Also, I suspect it might be one of our neighbors or a friend of a neighbor
This post was last modified: 08-12-2013, 02:37 PM by sassparilla_kid.

-1982 300D Turbo, 280k miles, ALDA apparently maxxed, fram 8038, 12 lbs boost, non-egr manifolds, W/M injection, 4 brake light mod, Gen II w126 front rotors/calipers, 4-speed swap
In the works: A/W IC, adjust pump, turbo rebuild (w/60 trim comp wheel)
-1980 300SD, 110k, project car. Goal is to get it lookin' like it did on the showroom floor (body and interior wise, not necessarily under the hood )
-1974 240D, FRESH PAINT!!!!!!
sassparilla_kid
08-12-2013, 02:35 PM #1

Anybody know anything about them? I'm planning on putting in at least one, if not more at my mom's house, because despite being in an upscale neighborhood in a gated community, as of this morning we've now had our cars broken into twice. First time was my car and my iPod, gps, and a bunch of other stuff was taken. This time it was my mom's car and her laptop was taken out of the trunk, since it was the only thing in there other than a dog carrier.

Anyway, I'm thinking of putting in something like this in the front of our house for now, and was just wondering if any of you guys have any experience with this type of stuff

http://www.y-cam.com/y-cam-bullet-white/

thanks again folks

Also, I suspect it might be one of our neighbors or a friend of a neighbor

-1982 300D Turbo, 280k miles, ALDA apparently maxxed, fram 8038, 12 lbs boost, non-egr manifolds, W/M injection, 4 brake light mod, Gen II w126 front rotors/calipers, 4-speed swap
-1980 300SD, 110k, project car. Goal is to get it lookin' like it did on the showroom floor (body and interior wise, not necessarily under the hood )

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

08-12-2013, 03:06 PM #2
Can't get the link at work :/

Wiresless ehternet cameras are the easiest, have them connect to your router. If you get cameras with IR output it's easy to detect them from an attacker's point of view. probably want ot avoid those

Wired ethernet cameras are the most secure. I'd suggest tying in a motion detecting floodlight with heat lamps in it-the IR will act as "nighvision" for the cameras and should confuse the hell out of an intruder, since they will only see a dull glow. Or regular flood lights so you can see what's going on.

Whatever you do, buy ones with good lenses and at least 720p. Below that everyone looks like bigfoot. Also, make sure they're all on separate power circuits, you don't want them all failing at once.

Is this on-street parking? If someone busted into my car more than once I'd bait it and wait for them.

PM me for my number if you want more info, I'm not a huge expert but I've got some good tips & tricks.
This post was last modified: 08-12-2013, 03:07 PM by Simpler=Better.

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?
Simpler=Better
08-12-2013, 03:06 PM #2

Can't get the link at work :/

Wiresless ehternet cameras are the easiest, have them connect to your router. If you get cameras with IR output it's easy to detect them from an attacker's point of view. probably want ot avoid those

Wired ethernet cameras are the most secure. I'd suggest tying in a motion detecting floodlight with heat lamps in it-the IR will act as "nighvision" for the cameras and should confuse the hell out of an intruder, since they will only see a dull glow. Or regular flood lights so you can see what's going on.

Whatever you do, buy ones with good lenses and at least 720p. Below that everyone looks like bigfoot. Also, make sure they're all on separate power circuits, you don't want them all failing at once.

Is this on-street parking? If someone busted into my car more than once I'd bait it and wait for them.

PM me for my number if you want more info, I'm not a huge expert but I've got some good tips & tricks.

larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?

DeliveryValve
Superturbo

08-12-2013, 11:22 PM #3
I have been thinking of getting a camera also for some time. Something like this Zmodo

http://www.mobilepc.com/Electronics/Zmod...spn=pla%22

compu 85 had his car totaled while parked in front of his house and he had a cheap Zmodo film it all.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=348700

Gota love Mercedes Diesels!

DeliveryValve
08-12-2013, 11:22 PM #3

I have been thinking of getting a camera also for some time. Something like this Zmodo

http://www.mobilepc.com/Electronics/Zmod...spn=pla%22

compu 85 had his car totaled while parked in front of his house and he had a cheap Zmodo film it all.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=348700

Gota love Mercedes Diesels!

MFSuper90
Budget Builder

08-12-2013, 11:31 PM #4
Where I live, I don't even take the keys out of my car, or lock the doors to my house. My security camera is a dog and a 12 gauge with some double O buck in it

'82 300D -3" straight pipe, ALDA deleted, 3in1 glowshift gauge, HX30, egr-less manifold, A/W intercooler Big Grin
'14 Ram 6.7l cummins -G56 handshaker, wishing it was deleted         
MFSuper90
08-12-2013, 11:31 PM #4

Where I live, I don't even take the keys out of my car, or lock the doors to my house. My security camera is a dog and a 12 gauge with some double O buck in it

'82 300D -3" straight pipe, ALDA deleted, 3in1 glowshift gauge, HX30, egr-less manifold, A/W intercooler Big Grin

sassparilla_kid
diesel > all other fuels

08-12-2013, 11:51 PM #5
(08-12-2013, 11:31 PM)MFSuper90 Where I live, I don't even take the keys out of my car, or lock the doors to my house. My security camera is a dog and a 12 gauge with some double O buck in it

Yeah we used to live someplace like that, unfortunately not anymore. And I guess this means I need to pick up a box of some 00 buck for myself, and I'm thinking a .380 for ma

sassparilla_kid
08-12-2013, 11:51 PM #5

(08-12-2013, 11:31 PM)MFSuper90 Where I live, I don't even take the keys out of my car, or lock the doors to my house. My security camera is a dog and a 12 gauge with some double O buck in it

Yeah we used to live someplace like that, unfortunately not anymore. And I guess this means I need to pick up a box of some 00 buck for myself, and I'm thinking a .380 for ma

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

08-13-2013, 08:12 AM #6
(08-12-2013, 11:51 PM)sassparilla_kid

whatever you get ma, make sure that she's trained/comfortable with it, and that it has a light attached that is at least 200 lumens ($20-$30 on ebay usually)

Simpler=Better
08-13-2013, 08:12 AM #6

(08-12-2013, 11:51 PM)sassparilla_kid

whatever you get ma, make sure that she's trained/comfortable with it, and that it has a light attached that is at least 200 lumens ($20-$30 on ebay usually)

MFSuper90
Budget Builder

08-13-2013, 03:27 PM #7
Get ma the Judge with some birdshot .410 rounds, those things are the boss Cool

MFSuper90
08-13-2013, 03:27 PM #7

Get ma the Judge with some birdshot .410 rounds, those things are the boss Cool

Purplecomputer
Slowness 220D

08-14-2013, 12:17 PM #8
If you are going for at least one get an IP Megapixel camera with POE capability. you should have at least one of these, the rest can be like 650tv line quality. I would probably re purpose an old PC that acts as an DVR. You can use software like geniusvision which is free to record everything and keep track of it.

reason you want the good camera with good quality is so you can get a clear picture of the face! sure you caught the person in the act but what good is it if you cant even identify the person?
This post was last modified: 08-14-2013, 12:20 PM by Purplecomputer.
Purplecomputer
08-14-2013, 12:17 PM #8

If you are going for at least one get an IP Megapixel camera with POE capability. you should have at least one of these, the rest can be like 650tv line quality. I would probably re purpose an old PC that acts as an DVR. You can use software like geniusvision which is free to record everything and keep track of it.

reason you want the good camera with good quality is so you can get a clear picture of the face! sure you caught the person in the act but what good is it if you cant even identify the person?

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

08-14-2013, 02:20 PM #9
(08-14-2013, 12:17 PM)Purplecomputer If you are going for at least one get an IP Megapixel camera with POE capability. you should have at least one of these, the rest can be like 650tv line quality. I would probably re purpose an old PC that acts as an DVR. You can use software like geniusvision which is free to record everything and keep track of it.

I'm probably going to use that at work. Put sample in testing machine, setup webcam, if the sample breaks and goes outside the preset area start recording.

Simpler=Better
08-14-2013, 02:20 PM #9

(08-14-2013, 12:17 PM)Purplecomputer If you are going for at least one get an IP Megapixel camera with POE capability. you should have at least one of these, the rest can be like 650tv line quality. I would probably re purpose an old PC that acts as an DVR. You can use software like geniusvision which is free to record everything and keep track of it.

I'm probably going to use that at work. Put sample in testing machine, setup webcam, if the sample breaks and goes outside the preset area start recording.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average