STD Tuning Engine RC nitro fuel

RC nitro fuel

RC nitro fuel

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

hooblah
Holset

07-30-2013, 01:09 PM #1
Hey guys this is a question thats been bugging me for a long time.

Seeing as rc nitro cars operate on the same principle as a diesel engine, what would be the outcome of pouring a bit of nitro fuel into my tank?

If this is uncharted territory, I may just have to try it out on my om602 Big Grin
hooblah
07-30-2013, 01:09 PM #1

Hey guys this is a question thats been bugging me for a long time.

Seeing as rc nitro cars operate on the same principle as a diesel engine, what would be the outcome of pouring a bit of nitro fuel into my tank?

If this is uncharted territory, I may just have to try it out on my om602 Big Grin

Turbo
Holset

07-30-2013, 03:23 PM #2
if you do not change anything and presume the pump take it, you get less power since the heating value is lower

(07-30-2013, 01:09 PM)hooblah Hey guys this is a question thats been bugging me for a long time.

Turbo
07-30-2013, 03:23 PM #2

if you do not change anything and presume the pump take it, you get less power since the heating value is lower

(07-30-2013, 01:09 PM)hooblah Hey guys this is a question thats been bugging me for a long time.

HaavardPYA
GT2559V

07-30-2013, 03:34 PM #3
But it gets supersticky after a while.. In the carbs and stuff.
But if it was possible maybe it would work allmost as E85 on petrolcars?
Think i'll stick to diesel;-)
HaavardPYA
07-30-2013, 03:34 PM #3

But it gets supersticky after a while.. In the carbs and stuff.

Turbo
Holset

07-30-2013, 04:06 PM #4
modell fuel get sticky because the recine oil get left when nitromethane evaporate
Tetranitromethan in the diesel and it will blow you away Wink
Toluene and teranitromethane will burn at right mixture at 9000m/s

Many years ago in sweden the airplane "Draken" was started with Isopropyl nitrate, my friends father tuck some home to try out on his lawn mover stiga, it shortly after start ended up in parts all over the yard....

If you want your diesel to go crazy there is other thing to give it...

(07-30-2013, 03:34 PM)HaavardPYA But it gets supersticky after a while.. In the carbs and stuff.
Turbo
07-30-2013, 04:06 PM #4

modell fuel get sticky because the recine oil get left when nitromethane evaporate
Tetranitromethan in the diesel and it will blow you away Wink
Toluene and teranitromethane will burn at right mixture at 9000m/s

Many years ago in sweden the airplane "Draken" was started with Isopropyl nitrate, my friends father tuck some home to try out on his lawn mover stiga, it shortly after start ended up in parts all over the yard....

If you want your diesel to go crazy there is other thing to give it...

(07-30-2013, 03:34 PM)HaavardPYA But it gets supersticky after a while.. In the carbs and stuff.

HaavardPYA
GT2559V

07-30-2013, 06:31 PM #5
As more air and dieselWink and at least make it burn it properlyWink
HaavardPYA
07-30-2013, 06:31 PM #5

As more air and dieselWink and at least make it burn it properlyWink

raysorenson
Superturbo

07-30-2013, 07:42 PM #6
Since RC fuel has stuff other than nitro, let's assume pure nitro. What would be the best way to introduce it into the engine? Through the injectors or in with the intake charge?
raysorenson
07-30-2013, 07:42 PM #6

Since RC fuel has stuff other than nitro, let's assume pure nitro. What would be the best way to introduce it into the engine? Through the injectors or in with the intake charge?

larsalan
Superturbo

07-30-2013, 08:12 PM #7
I had this guy at a lumber yard tell me many times that my exhaust smelled like that rc nitro stuff he used to put in model planes Wink

Rusted out beat down 300d turbo 82' -- RIP
Nice body, tons of ridiculous mechanical issues - 300d turbo 82' /motor 85'
larsalan
07-30-2013, 08:12 PM #7

I had this guy at a lumber yard tell me many times that my exhaust smelled like that rc nitro stuff he used to put in model planes Wink

Rusted out beat down 300d turbo 82' -- RIP
Nice body, tons of ridiculous mechanical issues - 300d turbo 82' /motor 85'

MFSuper90
Budget Builder

07-30-2013, 09:28 PM #8
Since nitro burn throughout the whole stroke of the engine, I think shit would get f*cked up

'82 300D -3" straight pipe, ALDA deleted, 3in1 glowshift gauge, HX30, egr-less manifold, A/W intercooler Big Grin
'14 Ram 6.7l cummins -G56 handshaker, wishing it was deleted         
MFSuper90
07-30-2013, 09:28 PM #8

Since nitro burn throughout the whole stroke of the engine, I think shit would get f*cked up

'82 300D -3" straight pipe, ALDA deleted, 3in1 glowshift gauge, HX30, egr-less manifold, A/W intercooler Big Grin
'14 Ram 6.7l cummins -G56 handshaker, wishing it was deleted         

hooblah
Holset

07-31-2013, 01:11 PM #9
(07-30-2013, 07:42 PM)raysorenson Since RC fuel has stuff other than nitro, let's assume pure nitro. What would be the best way to introduce it into the engine? Through the injectors or in with the intake charge?

I'd stick it straight in the fuel tank. But seeing as there is little info out there I guess it would have to be tested both ways.

(07-30-2013, 08:12 PM)larsalan I had this guy at a lumber yard tell me many times that my exhaust smelled like that rc nitro stuff he used to put in model planes Wink

oh really... please elaborate.
hooblah
07-31-2013, 01:11 PM #9

(07-30-2013, 07:42 PM)raysorenson Since RC fuel has stuff other than nitro, let's assume pure nitro. What would be the best way to introduce it into the engine? Through the injectors or in with the intake charge?

I'd stick it straight in the fuel tank. But seeing as there is little info out there I guess it would have to be tested both ways.

(07-30-2013, 08:12 PM)larsalan I had this guy at a lumber yard tell me many times that my exhaust smelled like that rc nitro stuff he used to put in model planes Wink

oh really... please elaborate.

ConnClark
GT2256V

08-02-2013, 01:37 PM #10
Actually RC nitro methanol engines don't work like a diesel. The glow plug in the top of the head on them is what serves as an ignition source. Its heated by the combustion each time and retains heat for the next cycle. In a diesel its the compression of the air that that raises the temp to ignite the fuel.

Also nitro methanol is corrosive to carbon steel. I wouldn't exactly want it to sit in my injector pump when I shut the engine off. So I would for go the idea of dumping it into the fuel tank.
ConnClark
08-02-2013, 01:37 PM #10

Actually RC nitro methanol engines don't work like a diesel. The glow plug in the top of the head on them is what serves as an ignition source. Its heated by the combustion each time and retains heat for the next cycle. In a diesel its the compression of the air that that raises the temp to ignite the fuel.

Also nitro methanol is corrosive to carbon steel. I wouldn't exactly want it to sit in my injector pump when I shut the engine off. So I would for go the idea of dumping it into the fuel tank.

Turbo
Holset

08-02-2013, 02:15 PM #11
even methanol is not that great and after it can as well be some formic acid.
this is why the contain of castor oil at least was so high, when I was doing this stuff years ago the blend was 20% castor oil and 80% methanol

(08-02-2013, 01:37 PM)ConnClark Actually RC nitro methanol engines don't work like a diesel. The glow plug in the top of the head on them is what serves as an ignition source. Its heated by the combustion each time and retains heat for the next cycle. In a diesel its the compression of the air that that raises the temp to ignite the fuel.

Turbo
08-02-2013, 02:15 PM #11

even methanol is not that great and after it can as well be some formic acid.
this is why the contain of castor oil at least was so high, when I was doing this stuff years ago the blend was 20% castor oil and 80% methanol

(08-02-2013, 01:37 PM)ConnClark Actually RC nitro methanol engines don't work like a diesel. The glow plug in the top of the head on them is what serves as an ignition source. Its heated by the combustion each time and retains heat for the next cycle. In a diesel its the compression of the air that that raises the temp to ignite the fuel.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average