STD Tuning Engine No start after engine swap?

No start after engine swap?

No start after engine swap?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

poleshady
GTA2056V

07-27-2013, 11:35 PM #1
Just got the engine in today, but cranked it cranked it nothing, cracked the lines etc, ended up towin it behind another car and letting the clutch out. about 25-30 in 2nd gear so it would run if i kept it above 1/2 throttle, but other than that it would die. what could it be?

the things i have done so far that could affect it..
new nozzles and pop tested them to about 2050 psi
new timing chain could i have put the timing chain on at the wrong degree
adjusted valves

i need to get this thing running tomorrow so i can ship it.

poleshady
07-27-2013, 11:35 PM #1

Just got the engine in today, but cranked it cranked it nothing, cracked the lines etc, ended up towin it behind another car and letting the clutch out. about 25-30 in 2nd gear so it would run if i kept it above 1/2 throttle, but other than that it would die. what could it be?

the things i have done so far that could affect it..
new nozzles and pop tested them to about 2050 psi
new timing chain could i have put the timing chain on at the wrong degree
adjusted valves

i need to get this thing running tomorrow so i can ship it.

larsalan
Superturbo

07-28-2013, 12:26 AM #2
So, it will run with the throttle up but not at low throttle and idle?
That really sounds like air leaking into the fuel line or plugged fuel supply somehow.

Rusted out beat down 300d turbo 82' -- RIP
Nice body, tons of ridiculous mechanical issues - 300d turbo 82' /motor 85'
larsalan
07-28-2013, 12:26 AM #2

So, it will run with the throttle up but not at low throttle and idle?
That really sounds like air leaking into the fuel line or plugged fuel supply somehow.

poleshady
GTA2056V

07-28-2013, 01:52 AM #3
Yeah it won't start using the starter though

Gas cap is off, I was thinking it was plugged or something. It has an extra fuel pump also so that shouldnt be an issue

Also changed all the filters and it was running (with s different engine) a couple weeks ago so idont think that the hard lines are clogged
This post was last modified: 07-28-2013, 01:57 AM by poleshady.
poleshady
07-28-2013, 01:52 AM #3

Yeah it won't start using the starter though

Gas cap is off, I was thinking it was plugged or something. It has an extra fuel pump also so that shouldnt be an issue

Also changed all the filters and it was running (with s different engine) a couple weeks ago so idont think that the hard lines are clogged

larsalan
Superturbo

07-28-2013, 06:54 AM #4
Well, you could try rigging it up to a jug of diesel, that way you know fuel is getting there. Then hook up lots of battery(s) And crank on it like that.

Did you pull off the ip at all on this motor. Are you saying this is a known to be running motor before you put it in there? Are all the vac lines in the right place?
Maybe unhook that line on the back of the ip just to be sure you haven't somehow sent vacuum to the fuel cutoff actuator.

larsalan
07-28-2013, 06:54 AM #4

Well, you could try rigging it up to a jug of diesel, that way you know fuel is getting there. Then hook up lots of battery(s) And crank on it like that.

Did you pull off the ip at all on this motor. Are you saying this is a known to be running motor before you put it in there? Are all the vac lines in the right place?
Maybe unhook that line on the back of the ip just to be sure you haven't somehow sent vacuum to the fuel cutoff actuator.

poleshady
GTA2056V

07-28-2013, 11:46 AM #5
yeah maybe ill do that,

no didnt pull off the IP, i was told it was running, i got it for free from a guy that had it in his closet for about a year,

yeah i disconnected the van lines hoping that was my problem.
poleshady
07-28-2013, 11:46 AM #5

yeah maybe ill do that,

no didnt pull off the IP, i was told it was running, i got it for free from a guy that had it in his closet for about a year,

yeah i disconnected the van lines hoping that was my problem.

poleshady
GTA2056V

07-28-2013, 04:35 PM #6
still no start, i opened up all the injectors took out the shims i put it and left what was in there orignally, tried to rotate the IP ( the top of it towards te drivers side) and it got worse when we dragged it behind alother car. im trying to rotate it towards the center now but it just wont budge.
poleshady
07-28-2013, 04:35 PM #6

still no start, i opened up all the injectors took out the shims i put it and left what was in there orignally, tried to rotate the IP ( the top of it towards te drivers side) and it got worse when we dragged it behind alother car. im trying to rotate it towards the center now but it just wont budge.

poleshady
GTA2056V

07-28-2013, 06:15 PM #7
so i figured it out. the timing is set wrong, the marks on the cam line up and the indicator points to 5 BTDC , i ended up thinking the degree marks went 10ATDC space 10BTDC but one of those 1's is actually a T so shit, i need to find a new master link and reset it. has anyoen else had this issue

is there a good way of resetting the timing marks, just jump a tooth on the cam or something?
poleshady
07-28-2013, 06:15 PM #7

so i figured it out. the timing is set wrong, the marks on the cam line up and the indicator points to 5 BTDC , i ended up thinking the degree marks went 10ATDC space 10BTDC but one of those 1's is actually a T so shit, i need to find a new master link and reset it. has anyoen else had this issue

is there a good way of resetting the timing marks, just jump a tooth on the cam or something?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average