STD Tuning Engine Bigger elements in OM606.962 electronic pump - is it possible?

Bigger elements in OM606.962 electronic pump - is it possible?

Bigger elements in OM606.962 electronic pump - is it possible?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
atypicalguy
Holset

01-03-2016, 03:51 AM #51
(12-28-2015, 04:09 PM)Turbo Have in mind that BMW is a sequential setput there they work together only between 1500-2500 if I remember it correct and no intercooler is use (correct will be inter cooler not after cooler in this set up) in the 550d tri turbo there is both intercooler and after cooler. BMW is a reasonable god match for what is was made for, but the technical level on those two turbo is not that new. but is also have is down in some working conditions, new garrett  LP and HP VNT will have some better response and some shortcomings will not be there in compare to bmw 535d turbo.

If you want to play around I would highly recommend borg warner match bot it is actually quite fun to see how some things will interact in the set up and with little bit knowledge even two stage is possible to evaluate, but it never becomes more accurate then the inlet conditions. even garrett turbos can quite easy be simulated. Why stamsaas set up did not work out like a really good setup I have a pretty good idea of but Petter knowledge about turbomachineryis very good but even the sun have black spots some time

it also come down to how much money you want to spend on the turbos, there are some amazing turbo out there if they are to used in a good way and I guess you and I are not interested spending half a fortune, ebay is greate sometime and then is the big thing to look for the right stuff when you know what the right stuff is.

It will soon be time to right down a thread in abc basic in thermodynamics and turbomachinery, I think it will be very useful for every boddy

may I ask what are your targets for the engine you are building?
Not so high, but high enough. 450 on the dyno would be nice, but I am not willing to ruin the idle by hunting or have it stall easily or have it smoke like crazy before boost. I would also like early spool eg 1500 rpm which is going to require a compound setup.

Most compound setups seem to not meet expectation however. There does not seem to be great information on how to set the turbine bypass up, or what turbos to use, although I did find an interesting  hx35 hx52w then hx35/hx60 setup on another forum. Apparently getting the bypass correct is critical.
This post was last modified: 01-03-2016, 03:53 AM by atypicalguy.
atypicalguy
01-03-2016, 03:51 AM #51

(12-28-2015, 04:09 PM)Turbo Have in mind that BMW is a sequential setput there they work together only between 1500-2500 if I remember it correct and no intercooler is use (correct will be inter cooler not after cooler in this set up) in the 550d tri turbo there is both intercooler and after cooler. BMW is a reasonable god match for what is was made for, but the technical level on those two turbo is not that new. but is also have is down in some working conditions, new garrett  LP and HP VNT will have some better response and some shortcomings will not be there in compare to bmw 535d turbo.

If you want to play around I would highly recommend borg warner match bot it is actually quite fun to see how some things will interact in the set up and with little bit knowledge even two stage is possible to evaluate, but it never becomes more accurate then the inlet conditions. even garrett turbos can quite easy be simulated. Why stamsaas set up did not work out like a really good setup I have a pretty good idea of but Petter knowledge about turbomachineryis very good but even the sun have black spots some time

it also come down to how much money you want to spend on the turbos, there are some amazing turbo out there if they are to used in a good way and I guess you and I are not interested spending half a fortune, ebay is greate sometime and then is the big thing to look for the right stuff when you know what the right stuff is.

It will soon be time to right down a thread in abc basic in thermodynamics and turbomachinery, I think it will be very useful for every boddy

Not so high, but high enough. 450 on the dyno would be nice, but I am not willing to ruin the idle by hunting or have it stall easily or have it smoke like crazy before boost. I would also like early spool eg 1500 rpm which is going to require a compound setup.

Most compound setups seem to not meet expectation however. There does not seem to be great information on how to set the turbine bypass up, or what turbos to use, although I did find an interesting  hx35 hx52w then hx35/hx60 setup on another forum. Apparently getting the bypass correct is critical.

atypicalguy
Holset

01-03-2016, 04:22 AM #52
This is some fun reading and good video:

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/...pXlsYNbl1w
atypicalguy
01-03-2016, 04:22 AM #52

This is some fun reading and good video:

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/...pXlsYNbl1w

atypicalguy
Holset

01-03-2016, 03:28 PM #53
urboHave in mind that BMW is a sequential setput there they work together only between 1500-2500 if I remember it correct and no intercooler is use (correct will be inter cooler not after cooler in this set up) in the 550d tri turbo there is both intercooler and after cooler. BMW is a reasonable god match for what is was made for, but the technical level on those two turbo is not that new. but is also have is down in some working conditions, new garrett  LP and HP VNT will have some better response and some shortcomings will not be there in compare to bmw 535d turbo.

The expense issue on turbos seems not so big. I see no reason to go thousands of dollars when MHI and Holset are 650 and I am designing the whole system anyway. I have not priced s200 though, which seems nice.
atypicalguy
01-03-2016, 03:28 PM #53

urboHave in mind that BMW is a sequential setput there they work together only between 1500-2500 if I remember it correct and no intercooler is use (correct will be inter cooler not after cooler in this set up) in the 550d tri turbo there is both intercooler and after cooler. BMW is a reasonable god match for what is was made for, but the technical level on those two turbo is not that new. but is also have is down in some working conditions, new garrett  LP and HP VNT will have some better response and some shortcomings will not be there in compare to bmw 535d turbo.

The expense issue on turbos seems not so big. I see no reason to go thousands of dollars when MHI and Holset are 650 and I am designing the whole system anyway. I have not priced s200 though, which seems nice.

Pages (2): Previous 1 2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average